Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zippers High Flow Filters  (Read 2821 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Zippers High Flow Filters
« on: February 26, 2006, 09:28:40 AM »

Well after my mishap with posting in the wrong area the first time about vendors I guess i'll throw this here. I just bought the high flow air cleaner from Zippers and went to install it on Saturday,I followed the instructions to the letter put the washer supplied on the back of the cover and went to tighten up the cover to the air cleaner and as I tightened the cover just fell off to the floor.I then discovered the center of the filter pulled out leaving a hole in the air filter and no way to attach the cover. So being the inventive wrench that I am I took the old filter and used the cutting attachment on my dremel,cut the center bolt section out of my stock filter ,cleaned it up and epoxied it to the gaping hole in the Zippers filter.Let it set up added an extra washer to the back of the cover and tightened up again.SUCCESS!I don't know if it was installer error or manufacturing error but this is a little FYI for the rest of you. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Zippers High Flow Filters
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 11:44:39 AM »

I moved this here to the twin cam Forum.

That too bad that you had a problem with the element. I had a K&N that the center came out as you described with the Zippers. The thin metal that the bolt was welded to crackout around the weld. Is this what happened to yours?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:52:05 PM »

Hey Bigdaddy,

Give them a call again and I am sure they will make it right for you.   I have had no issues with the 2 I have other than straight bolt on by the mechanically uninclined (me).

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 03:15:16 PM »

Yes the metal and the welded bolt came right out when I was tightening it.As per Harry I wouldn't doubt they would take care of it but my repair is probably as strong or stronger than the original. Thanks for the input.Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 06:38:39 AM »

Please contact JK at Zipper's as I would like to replace that filter and return it to the manufacturer for analysis.  This is the first I've heard of this being an issue (close to 1000 sold now).  That part is robot welded, should never be a problem (but stuff happens, I guess).  Thanks, JK

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 07:33:40 AM »

Sorry JK can't send it back I already retro fitted it with the center section of my old filter.Its epoxied and installed.If you want any specifics PM me for more info.Later,Q

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 09:39:34 AM »

Big D,

How about just the threaded part?  This should tell us what we need to know.  JK

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 12:30:31 PM »

Yes I still got that center section with the nut.How would you like me to send it and where? Later,Q

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 09:36:07 PM »

Big D,

Send me an email (john.k at zippersperformance.com) with name, address etc and I'll send a pre-paid UPS pick-up for it. Please pack it in something (small box or padded envelope), they'll stick a label on it when they pick it up.  Thanks, JK

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 12:08:52 PM »

Well now that it is installed my next question is do I need to change out the backplate? Mine now is stock,any suggestions? LMK.Just swapped the filter only. Motor is stock 95" SE Later,Q

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.