Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One killed, two injured  (Read 2184 times)

Tirpitz

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 Ultra Limited
One killed, two injured
« on: July 18, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »

48-year-old Dudley L. Van Zandt of DuQuoin, IL. was killed Saturday morning in an accident on I-57 in Williamson County involving three motorcycles.  State police said the motorcycle operators, 38-year-old Chance W. Townsend of Marion, IL., 42-year-old Jery Lynn Gould of Murphysboro, IL. and Van Zandt were all northbound near the 45-mile marker and came in contact with each other's motorcycle, causing all three to crash.  All three were taken to Heartland Hospital in Marion following the accident
Everyone crashes. Some get back on, Some don't, Some can't.
Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and
lived, and still rides.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: One killed, two injured
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »

Four got tangled up on the Cherohala yesterday and killed one. Sport bike cam around the curve clipped two big bikes and ran head on into another.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »

Rough guys, I went down and was lucky enough to just spit a few chicklets. Old saying there are those that have gone down and those that will go down.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »

Another old saying:  Don't ride with people who don't know what they're doing or don't know the proper way to ride in groups.  This is why I don't participate in group rides, or ride side by side with anyone.  If I ride with someone else, it's as if we were in separate automobiles, with the same kind of distances between vehicles.  May pull up next to each other at a light, but once rolling it's proper spacing or I don't ride with you.   

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:35:03 AM »

I hate riding in groups with people who's riding habits I'm not familiar or comfortable with.  I always find myself riding trail and giving myself a lot of room! 

I've gone on only two group rides in the past three years and on both, it  amazed me on how they bunched up ahead of me!  Dangerous indeed!

I'm more comfortable with just a couple other bikes and people I'm VERY comfortable with. 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 01:11:54 PM »

Sorry to here that, I do not like to ride side by side with people I do not know, tough enough with those I run with.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

VINNYHD

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »

TOUGH READING THIS STUFF... MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL INVOLVED...GOT TO KNOW WHO YOUR RIDING WITH....

nazzz46

• Junior CVO Member
  • harley beast 1 and 2 at rest

• CVO1: 2009 cvo fotbob red and black (beast #1)
    • CVO2: 2008 cvo road king (harley beast #2 )
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 07:18:25 PM »

Another old saying:  Don't ride with people who don't know what they're doing or don't know the proper way to ride in groups.  This is why I don't participate in group rides, or ride side by side with anyone.  If I ride with someone else, it's as if we were in separate automobiles, with the same kind of distances between vehicles.  May pull up next to each other at a light, but once rolling it's proper spacing or I don't ride with you.   jerry we do the same thing if you cant see the guy behind you in your mirror then he is to close or in a blind spot

Jerry
i would never belong to a club that would have me as a member ................

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 21 queries.