Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Screamin' Eagle Big Twin Compensator  (Read 49338 times)

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
Re: Screamin' Eagle Big Twin Compensator
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »

I had the screamin eagle compensator installed under warranty this past week.
I am very happy with the way the bike starts now. And the noise  and vibration I was hearing/feeling while it was idling in neutral/clutch out is now gone.
I did pay the price difference between the stock and the screamin eagle unit.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:39:26 PM by OldLefty »
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »

Just installed new SE compensator. Huge difference in starting and now when taking off in first gear the clutch grabs rightaway and I have power instantly. Use to have to ride the clutch a bit to start not anymore. Great improvement. Done under ESP{ plan only 50 bucks plus 50 bucks for upgrade to SE compensator Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »

There's not...  This has to be a casting variation or machining error....   :nixweiss:

I started today to replace my compensator with the new one.  As mentioned in other posts here, I couldn't get the rotor to clear the casting on the inner primary.  Using a feeler gauge I could see where the problem was so I got out my trusty half moon file and started in on it.  Took a while of filing and checking and sanding it smooth but I finally got enough removed to get the rotor off.  I honestly believe it's a casting tolerance error---just poor manufacturing.   I can't see any reason at all that they would make it so that the inner primary would have to come off.   Also the service manual doesn't make any mention of removing the inner primary.  I used a file (I was going to use a grinder but didn't want all the grinding dust) so I could easily control and clean up the filings.
   Just thought I'd post what I found with my bike.
Steve
Steve
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.