Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I fell in love at first sight!!!  (Read 3240 times)

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
I fell in love at first sight!!!
« on: July 28, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »

And I brought her home. 2010 FLSTSE. Sry I'm beginning this with no pics. I am the 1Man and currently looking to change my exhaust system. I have found a 'Very Good' Tuner in Dallas that has done work before on my last ride, '07 FLHTCU. I'm itching to get this beast to him, but haven't made my mind up on pipes. I tend to like fairly loud throaty sounds at cruise to full throttle, but a controlled easy lope at idle that is not too loud. My riding pace tends to be 85-90 Cruise speed with the occasional jump to Hyperspace! Performance is a must! I would sort of like to go short and open up the back right side and show off her sweet chrome rear wheel. Any suggestions? Leaning towards Rinehart flush Crossbacks, #2.) V&H Big Radius 2x2 street sweepers.
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
Re: I fell in love at first sight!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 06:09:42 AM »

I take it you already know the SEST is pretty much worthless on this bike, TTS is the way to go, but don't expect much gain. I know 2 people that changed pipes and nothing else and are very happy. I have the Big Radius 2 into 2, they take away from the right side chrome look imo and drag in the bends, as do the floorboards. If I had to do it again I would go with the Big Radius 2 into 1 for the best gains and no tuner.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:14:45 AM by ezpgh »

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 03:47:47 PM »

1Man,

Congrats on the new ride - it happened to me the same way. From your description pipes and a tuner are the way to go. The TTS is the ConV popular choice around here but certainly not the only one. There are a lot of helpful owners here that can assist with maps and advise. My advice is to seek out the Wizard. He is ornery at times but all knowing and well worth putting up with his wild rantings.

What you can expect from new pipes and the TTS (with the right map) is a much cooler, smoother running bike. I have not quantified the HP gains on my bike but I can tell you for me it runs much better than with the stock map. My average summer running temps went down from 275 to 235 degrees which is significant. The acceleration has improved through all the gears and the keeps pouring on with no flat spots. Keep in mind that the acceleration gains are "perceived" only in that I have not done before & after tests to measure the results. Others have done dyno runs and the gains are in the 10 HP range.  You may or may not think that is worth it but for me I smile every time I twist the throttle and that worth every penny. Also, it's a must if you plan to go any further with the mods.

MikeV

Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »

Wow! I must say those V&H Big Radius Looks GREAT! Really flows with the lines of the bike. Questions about the TTS. I've been reading the Posts, and no doubt there are alot of impressed Riders concerning the TTS. I just have doubts that a generic map can duplicate what an experienced Tuner and his Dyno can do. No doubt that you have to trust that the technician knows his stuff. Dan & Nathan Davis of DnD Homeland Cycles have proven to me their worth at tweaking the Bike on the dyno. Still I'm not against trying something new. I just need convincing. I've seen Miracle Cures like the Power Commander and while it helped my underpowered "Gieser Glide," It was no comparison to The Harley Race Tuner in "DnD's hands.
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

Wow! I must say those V&H Big Radius Looks GREAT! Really flows with the lines of the bike. Questions about the TTS. I've been reading the Posts, and no doubt there are alot of impressed Riders concerning the TTS. I just have doubts that a generic map can duplicate what an experienced Tuner and his Dyno can do. No doubt that you have to trust that the technician knows his stuff. Dan & Nathan Davis of DnD Homeland Cycles have proven to me their worth at tweaking the Bike on the dyno. Still I'm not against trying something new. I just need convincing. I've seen Miracle Cures like the Power Commander and while it helped my underpowered "Gieser Glide," It was no comparison to The Harley Race Tuner in "DnD's hands.

Yep, every tune tech will have a different result for sure. I ended up with 93.28 hp, 110.62 tq. I have seen better and worse. It is cooler now and throttle response is great. It just depends on what you're looking for and how you ride as opposed to how much money you want to put into it to get there. My hp/tq gains were very small for the big money it took. As far as maps go, there are several custom maps available for the TTS that you can get off members here, that'll save you a small fortune in dyno cost. If you buy the TTS with cables and want to do it yourself Wizard is the man to talk to, I think he has my map too, if not I can send it to you if you want to try it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:52:32 AM by ezpgh »

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »

Mike V

Did I ever tell you about my Ocean front property in Tennessee?

:2vrolijk_21:

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 11:45:44 PM »

Not too much different here - was out on a ride, saw it, took it home the same day ... :)
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 01:41:42 AM »

Ya know, maybe I should be expanding on the subject of this thread! Honest, this is the truth. I was shopping for a riding Lawnmower. And complaining about the $4500 I was gonna spend on a John Deer! Walked in and there she was. Couldn't take my eyes off of her. Salesman says, Sit on her, she fits like a glove. It was all over from there. I promise to take some Pics this weekend and post. I've been working for 35 straight 12 hour nights on a new Benzene reduction project, and the boss is gonna give me two days off. God I am so ready to ride and drink mass quantities of beer!
    First thing I put on her was a 21" windshield from a '10 Heritage, quick disconnects. Next was a mustache bar from Kuryachin. I gotta get outta this place. The company's killin me!

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 07:45:48 AM »

Fullsac stage 1 and 99.96 HP & 113.43 Torque.
The Tuner is the key
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 07:52:40 AM »

Fullsac stage 1 and 99.96 HP & 113.43 Torque.
The Tuner is the key

Steve won't make anymore baffles for these ConV mufflers. Wifey has the only set he ever made. You are dead on about the tuner...   :2vrolijk_21:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »

Mike V

Did I ever tell you about my Ocean front property in Tennessee?

:2vrolijk_21:

He has his good days and his bad days...
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »

Steve won't make anymore baffles for these ConV mufflers. Wifey has the only set he ever made.  :2vrolijk_21:

Wiz - not any more she doesn't. The Frankenbaffles LIVE!!

MikeV

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »

Wiz - not any more she doesn't. The Frankenbaffles LIVE!!

MikeV

Are you in the counterfeiting business again Mike?   :2vrolijk_21:

Call me later today...  I want to hear you squeal like a little girl   :drink:

:bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.