Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Instructions for the new GPS Interface Module  (Read 44093 times)

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
Instructions for the new GPS Interface Module
« on: July 29, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »

Hey, I managed to get the instructions for the new Audio Navigation Interfact Module Kit PN 76000024.  The file is to big to post, if someone can tell me how to post I will certianly do it!

Instructions say works with 665 or 660 with software update 3.70 or later.  I've loaned out my Zumo 550 to my pop's for a vacation he is on so have no way to check my 550 for anothr two weeks.

Any one know if the 660/665 uses the same software as the 550?  If so it should work for the 550?   

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

Re: Instructions for the new GPS Interface Module
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:25:44 PM »

page 1

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:26:30 PM »

page2

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 11:27:02 PM »

page 3

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:28:09 PM »

Page 4

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »

So, question is will the previous incarnations of the Zumo (or I guess any gps) work with this or does it HAVE to be a 660/665 with the software 3.70 version?  Would be nice if it did work.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »

Thanks for the instructions.

I don't see any reason that the 550 or any make or model of GPS you have will not work as long as you have an audio ouput port on the GPS unit. But I don't have the operation manual that comes with the kit so there may be a reason that I don't see by just looking at the wiring diagram.

I think Harley is getting ready to drop the Road Tech 550 (Zumo 550) in favor for the 660 & 665 so they just did not mention it. Just my two cents on why they did not say 550.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:15:52 AM by bissjim »
Ride It Like You Are Retired

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 11:03:24 AM »

After looking over the installation instructions and thinking about what they are doing with this kit I take back what I said about it possible working with the 550.

Without my oscope (it stopped working a few months back, do not know why, it may have something to do with it being 22 years old) I can not say for sure but I think the 660 and 665 may supply a digital pre-signal before the turn prompt and that the kit uses this pre-signal to activate the switch over. I will check this as soon as I replace my scope.

Second: It looks like if you are using the GPS to link with your cell phone you will no longer be able to use your cell phone for calls. The directions clearly tell you to disable the BT funtion on your GPS for yopur cell phone.

This kit is strictly for navigation promts and only navigation promts it can not be used to place calls using the GPS interface for your phone.

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 12:00:04 PM »

After looking over the installation instructions and thinking about what they are doing with this kit I take back what I said about it possible working with the 550.

Without my oscope (it stopped working a few months back, do not know why, it may have something to do with it being 22 years old) I can not say for sure but I think the 660 and 665 may supply a digital pre-signal before the turn prompt and that the kit uses this pre-signal to activate the switch over. I will check this as soon as I replace my scope.

Second: It looks like if you are using the GPS to link with your cell phone you will no longer be able to use your cell phone for calls. The directions clearly tell you to disable the BT funtion on your GPS for yopur cell phone.

This kit is strictly for navigation promts and only navigation promts it can not be used to place calls using the GPS interface for your phone.

Jim, after reading the instructions, I think the Bluetooth with your cell may work.  Looks(reads) like HD is just covering their butts for safety reasons by asking you to turn off Bluetooth.
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 08:26:55 AM »

If some one buys the kit will they let us know if you can still use the cell phone option or if they have to turn it off. I really don't think Garmin is sending a trigger signal of some kind prior to the turn prompt but I am curious as to why they want you to turn off the BT feature if you are not using a BT headset. Curiosity may get the better of me and I will end up buying a kit to see.

I just have one of those minds, I need to know how things work. My parents had me in the dog house for months after I took our first black and white RCA TV apart one afternoon. It was 1959 and we only received 3 snowy channels and 2 of those were from Canada. I was 9 at the time and I don't know why they were so upset I did put it back together....eventually.

JETCVO

• Full CVO Member
  • CopperTop #1643
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »

If some one buys the kit will they let us know if you can still use the cell phone option or if they have to turn it off. I really don't think Garmin is sending a trigger signal of some kind prior to the turn prompt but I am curious as to why they want you to turn off the BT feature if you are not using a BT headset. Curiosity may get the better of me and I will end up buying a kit to see.

I just have one of those minds, I need to know how things work. My parents had me in the dog house for months after I took our first black and white RCA TV apart one afternoon. It was 1959 and we only received 3 snowy channels and 2 of those were from Canada. I was 9 at the time and I don't know why they were so upset I did put it back together....eventually.
I understand completely!!  ;D

JETCVO

• Full CVO Member
  • CopperTop #1643
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »

Hey, I managed to get the instructions for the new Audio Navigation Interfact Module Kit PN 76000024.  The file is to big to post, if someone can tell me how to post I will certianly do it!

Instructions say works with 665 or 660 with software update 3.70 or later.  I've loaned out my Zumo 550 to my pop's for a vacation he is on so have no way to check my 550 for anothr two weeks.

Any one know if the 660/665 uses the same software as the 550?  If so it should work for the 550?   
I’m curious, what’s this new accessory do different than just plugging the stand alone GPS into the Aux-in on the stereo?

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 06:37:09 PM »

The kit allows you to hear the prompts of an external gps over what ever audio you are listening to without having to use the AUX input.  So, cleans up any cables.  If you are using the factory POS gps it won't matter but if you use a Zumo (or presumably other brand) it will integrate it into you audio system.

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

I ordered one Friday.  Should be installing it next time I'm home in 2 weeks.  From what I see in the instructions, I highly doubt any problem with using any gps with an audio output.  Just to be sure, after I install, before I button up, I'll try with both my nuvi 750 and my iPod.  I'd bet the iPod will work, just not be stereo.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »

ater looking at all that,,,,,,,,  my Rider's Claw and my aux jack never looked better, :o :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.