Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Instructions for the new GPS Interface Module  (Read 44092 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: Instructions for the new GPS Interface Module
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2011, 09:14:04 AM »

Wow!  What a read!  Problem is, I'm still confussed....
 :nixweiss:

A couple of questions:

1.  Is the NIM already installed on the 2011 CVO Ultra?

2.  I had planned on using my Zumo 665 in place of the Roadtech 660 that came with the bike.  Will the 665 work?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »

Yes, the NIM is OEM on both the '11 CVO RG and EG Ultras.

As for the non-HD/Road Tech 665 "working" on those bikes, the Garmin 665 won't provide voice prompts via the NIM; only the HD/Road Tech 660/665 does that according to what I've read here and elsewhere.  

Carl

Edited to include reference to the Road Tech Zumo 660 also providing voice prompts via the NIM.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:45:16 AM by Harleypingman »

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »

Yes, the NIM is OEM on both the '11 CVO RG and EG Ultras.

As for the non-HD/Road Tech 665 "working" on those bikes, the Garmin 665 won't provide voice prompts via the NIM; only the HD/Road Tech 665 does that according to what I've read here and elsewhere. 

Carl

Thanks for the info!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

2010Ultra

« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2011, 01:21:25 AM »

I don't know if this has yet been figured out, I just got the faring mount for the Zumo 660 gps and I was going to get the NIM as well, however, I was told that it required a dealer install because a "flash program" would have to be done in order for the module to work

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »

I'd find a new dealer. If you have the Zumo and not the HD version, it won't work at all. If you have the HD version, if any updates are required, you can do them yourself.

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »

I have the 665 dash mounted nim upgrade and sound s like poop....the volume keeps changing ........until I ordered the nim I didnt have one problem............any fix for this

Thanks 
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

I have the 665 dash mounted nim upgrade and sound s like poop....the volume keeps changing ........until I ordered the nim I didnt have one problem............any fix for this

Thanks 

More than likely what is happening is your audio from the GPS is triggering the NIM.  It's a known side effect, wish they find a way to fix it soon.

Anyhow, what happens is say you set your volume to 50%.  Your music creates the same frequency as what the GPS uses to signal the NIM to do its thing.  Now the audio is being routed into the radio via the NIM as a mono signal using the bluetooth audio channel. 

Your bluetooth audio channel volume may be set to say 25%.  Hence the volume swings.  What you will need to do is when the volume changes, fiddle with your volume switch.  The radio should indicate Bluetooth Volume with the volume bar if you are in the NIM mode.  Change the volume to match your normal volume setting or adjust by ear.  I have mine set to 50% which matches where I usually have the main volume at when on the freeway.

It is bad enough that the stereo to mono change will make it sound less than ideal.  However, you can at least eliminate the volume changes to a degree.

Another way you can set the bluetooth volume without having to wait for it to trigger off your music is to tell the GPS to go somewhere, and when it interrupts to say the nav prompts, change the volume then.  You can get it to re-interrupt on command by just hitting the re-calculate button on the main screen.

Hope this works for you.  :D
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »

Thanks for the info.....I have had this faring off a million times checking everywire.....I think this cheapo y plug is thin as a thread will be issue down the line...I will be changining that also...I just unpluged the Gps from the Y plug today . The version 370 everyone is talking about can be found at harleys site ???? The download link  Iam finding I dont believe is 370 its more Like 300 on the Nav unit... and the radio was also reflashed with latest version...

Thanks again Great site the info in this forum is great
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

fxd-tim

• EZ Moto Tim
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2011, 01:45:54 PM »

The Road Tech GPS send a trip tone just before the turn prompt, this trip tone activates the Nav Module. If your ring tone is close enough to the actual trip tone (frequency wise) the Nav Module can trip, but like I said this is not a normal function, it is a fluke.

Let me see if I understand this. The Nav Module routes the headset microphone to the Road Tech GPS as input to a bluetooth-connected phone, correct?

But you aren't supposed to turn on the BT and if you did, the phone signal wouldn't necessarily turn on the Nav Module to interrupt the active audio.

Is the phone audio riding on the output that is routed to the AUX input of the radio?

Edit: Never mind. I just found your other thread with the complete explanation of the NIM. Thank you!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:56:41 PM by fxd-tim »

apb99

« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »

Thanks for the info.....I have had this faring off a million times checking everywire.....I think this cheapo y plug is thin as a thread will be issue down the line...I will be changining that also...I just unpluged the Gps from the Y plug today . The version 370 everyone is talking about can be found at harleys site ???? The download link  Iam finding I dont believe is 370 its more Like 300 on the Nav unit... and the radio was also reflashed with latest version...

Thanks again Great site the info in this forum is great

I'm also not finding the 3.7 version or the 4.9 version mentioned earlier - just installed the Zumo 665 on an '07 SEUC and also have to plug into the aux plug - not pretty as far as I'm concerned - should have stuck to my nuvi 760 if I'd have known I had to plug something in!

Allen

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2011, 06:54:12 AM »

If you do not like the looks of the plug in the front of the radio you can do a mod to install a second Auxiliary input port on the back of the radio. If you are handy or have a friend that will help you. If you have a straight 3.5mm jack plugged into the Auxiliary port now switching to a right angle plug will make it look a little better. You can also send the radio to Iron Cross and have them do the mod. If you want to take a look at how to do the mod you can find a download at:

www.hdbomm.com

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

flhtcuse8

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »

Has been fun and edjucating reading this thread. I went out and tested this on my 2013 CVO Ultra, and everything works just fine. The gps directions comes through whatever I am listening to (also iPod Connected in the saddle bag), as long as I adjust the sound level for "directions" abow 0%.
What I really miss though is a way to get the phone interface between the gps and the entertainment system to work. I can pair my phone to the Zumo. thats it. That is useless.
I have been told in another thread that a Company can modefy the radio to contain Blootooth. will se where that one takes me. 

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »

This will give you more information on the NIM and your phone.

http://www.hdbomm.com/NIM_What_It_Does___How_to_Connect_it_.doc

Jim@hdbomm.com
Ride It Like You Are Retired
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.