Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LEFT 09SEUC at STEALER FOR 1ST TIME  (Read 762 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
LEFT 09SEUC at STEALER FOR 1ST TIME
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »

:(Dropped 09SEUC off at stealer today due to my full work schedule and because service dude told me Saturday morning he didn't think they could get  to it Sat. and they are closed on Mondays. Radio LCD Display is out, as posted in another topic. That is main issue they are checking. Bike still under factory warranty until Oct, 2010. My question is this. How long will the warranty be on the Re-fab radio that they will probably have to install in my bike. Will it be covered after factory warranty runs out? Good for 30,60,90 days or until they get the service door closed behind me? Just wondering what to expect... I don't like surprise's when it comes to my bike! Thanks  
*UPDATE* Bike is back home. Big surprise re-fab radio is on back order!!!! Crap >:(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:16:54 PM by 1sharprdkg »
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: LEFT 09SEUC at STEALER FOR 1ST TIME
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »

My guess is that Oct 2010 when your factory warranty runs out, so does your radio warranty, unless you have the extended warranty.  You may be able to get some help, if you have a good dealer, and you have some problems with the radio within some reasonable period after, but they probably have no obligation to help.  Even then, they may have to get Harley Customer Service involved to warranty it after your warranty expires.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: LEFT 09SEUC at STEALER FOR 1ST TIME
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:54:45 PM »

For items covered by the factory warranty they will be replaced as many times as they fail due to covered defect during the term of the warranty.  Once the warranty period expires then nothing is covered.  Just because they may have recently replaced a failed component will not extend coverage for that component past the factory warranty - unless as previously stated the moco should decide to extend coverage for that item.  Case in point - the '99 twin cams had problems with cam bearing failures and moco extended coverage for this for up to 50k miles as I recall.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.