Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is causing the ECM fuse to blow?  (Read 1109 times)

SILVER ROAD KING

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 Screaming Eagle Deuce ! My Wife's !
What is causing the ECM fuse to blow?
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »

I am posting this for a friend of mine his wife has a 08 softail deluxe last weekend in Gatlinburg Tn they got stuck in traffic at 100 degrees her bike quit running and would not start back. They pushed it to their room and let it set overnight and checked it the next morning to find the ECM fuse blown changed the fuse and the bike started they rode it two blocks and it quit again they changed the fuse once more and he told me that as soon as he put the fuse in it would blow it. the bike has got a T-Max with auto tune and pipes and that is really all that has been done to the engine and electric system he has not had the bike on a dyno to really tune the T-Max it only has the map in it they installed when it was purchased the bike has run over two years with this module is it possible it has gone bad or is there something else causing this problem. I told him to plug her factory ECM back up on the bike and see if it also blows the fuse any ideas on what else may be causing this problem ?   

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.