Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Welcome to DaFixer  (Read 19386 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Welcome to DaFixer
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 06:14:40 PM »

Welcome to the party Fixer, you're welcome to come out west and visit the H-D OCD's out this direction any time.
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Cheers,
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 07:42:30 PM »

Hey Neil,
  Just a heads-up on Ol' Maudie's performance.  You done good, as usual!  Just clocked over 300 miles on Her, yesterday, and it's all good!  Let BLM777 ride the Ol' Girl yesterday, but I couldn't convince him to really turn Her A$$ loose!  I was really impressed with His 'Pumpkin.  Stock, my A$$!  I think He and OTIS had the same teacher, if you know what I mean!   ;) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 07:22:16 AM »

Neil.....As Hub mentioned, I rode "Maudie" with your engine build.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 07:25:01 AM by BLM777 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

Mr. Dafixer
                Given a unlimited budget and using only Screamin Eagle and other parts available through Harley-Davidson would you build us on paper the ultimate motor.  I'll take bets on who builds one first for real after you post an answer to this   ;)

Thanks in advance

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 11:45:48 PM »

Mr. Dafixer

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 09:03:30 AM »

One question

Why, if one had unlimited funds, would you want to build a motor from only HD or Screamin eagle parts when there are so many better aftermarket parts available?
[/quote]

Jim,
      Maybe because H-D Racing is winning NHRA and AHRDA races and championships right and left and I'm curious why it is that everyone has the percepion that you seem to have in your post I've quoted above. I'm curious what a factory trained mechanic (and a really good one at that) could do for you and me and anyone else if we gave him Carte Blanche. Maybe it's just me, but after years and years of being let down by the "better aftermarket parts" I'm a H-D only person. Believe me I'd like to swap the Baker 6 in my SERK for an H-D 6. The only reason it's in the bike is that it the previous owner put it in there.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »

Hey Brian do you own a vast amount of stock in the moco? A couple of bikes a HD truck only uses HD parts. Hey wait a minute is Spiderman really Spiderman or is this just a cover for Willie G.?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 11:22:33 AM »

Jim,
      Maybe because H-D Racing is winning NHRA and AHRDA races and championships right and left and I'm curious why it is that everyone has the percepion that you seem to have in your post I've quoted above. I'm curious what a factory trained mechanic (and a really good one at that) could do for you and me and anyone else if we gave him Carte Blanche. Maybe it's just me, but after years and years of being let down by the "better aftermarket parts" I'm a H-D only person. Believe me I'd like to swap the Baker 6 in my SERK for an H-D 6. The only reason it's in the bike is that it the previous owner put it in there.

While its true that the HD race team is doing very well I seriously doubt that the parts used in those motors are production HD parts. I do like to keep my bike fitted with HD parts when I can but there are just some areas that the MOCO lacks way behind the aftermarket companies. One area is the cam chains, you had a failure on yours and I know of countless others that have had problems. These chain flex and allow the timing in the motors to vary as much as 4 degrees. Why would you replace a part that is going to fail again? Go with aftermarket gear drive cams, eliminate the failure and keep the timing accurate.

HD is bound by the constraints of the EPA and can't produce parts that are outside of those guidelines for street use.

HD does have some good motor parts. But in my opinion to build the "ultimate motor" with "unlimited funds" one would use parts from HD as well as the aftermarket companies.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »

Would be an interesting exercise though.  Even if purely for purposes of comparison.  Motor A = the best possible thing one could assemble HD branded components.  Motor B = a like project from the aftermarket.

Then do comparisons on the various standards of cost, cost:performance, performance, ease of supply, reliability, etc etc etc.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »

Hey Jim,
            We've been down this road on other threads and we all have our opinions which I respect. However, this thread is devoted to asking questions of DaFixer and he is a well respected Factory trained mechanic so I wanted to hear HIS opinion. I am sincere in that, so can we please let him answer my post ?

Thanks

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

Hey Jim,
            We've been down this road on other threads and we all have our opinions which I respect. However, this thread is devoted to asking questions of DaFixer and he is a well respected Factory trained mechanic so I wanted to hear HIS opinion. I am sincere in that, so can we please let him answer my post ?

Thanks

Sure thing Brian, I am not trying to answer for him and I too am curious what his response will be. 8-)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 12:43:27 PM »

Hey Guys,
  Saw where DaFixer last posted on Mar. 4, and was last online Mar. 17.  So........I just called him at Tilley's, and made him aware his Technical expertise was being summoned, under this thread.  Said he would definitely respond tonight.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »

Thank you Hubbard   I think it will be a great thread with him participating

DaFixer

• HD Guru
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 08:21:32 PM »

Mr. Dafixer

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »

Dafixer,
          Your answer speaks volumes about you. Without knowing you, I have a great deal of respect for your attitude toward performnce issues. I can well imagine your customers are devoted to you.

So if I may, how reliable is the Jim's/HD 120? What kind of power does it make and how does it make it quickly, high rpm etc

Thank you

I greatly appreciate you taking the time after working for a living as you said to answer this thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.