Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Data ADL Connector  (Read 1616 times)

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
Data ADL Connector
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:16:12 PM »

Ok, so I'm sure I will find it under the seat, connected to the ECM. But before I go digging around removing the fuse block and battery, Anyone have directions? Pics?
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: Data ADL Connector
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »

See the blue fuses? It's just to the right of them and the battery under the seat. See the fuse that is missing? You must pull that fuse before flashing the ConV or the speedo will interfere with the flash and stop it.

-wiz

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 11:13:06 PM »

Thank you sir! I've been doing my homework, Studying up on TTS. Reading all the Posts under Intake, Exhaust, & ECM. Reading Doc's How To's on Tuning. I've made my mind up that I can do this thing. And thats what's important to me. That I'm able to work on my own ride including 'Tuning.'
             Thank you again!
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:40:13 AM »

You're welcome.  :2vrolijk_21:

The hardest part about VTuning is the location of the laptop while riding the ConV. The mouth of the saddle bag looks like there's plenty of room but depending on where your USB connector is and the angle it comes out of the laptop could put it in a bind. The USB connection must be "vibration" free. To make it so it is wise to use a business card, cut it to size and fold it using it as a wedge to support the connector. Once you have this down then use a loose bungee cord to hold down the saddle bag top.

A large clean sponge in the bottom of the saddle bag will help cushion the laptop against bumps. If your laptop has a disk protection built into the software then a bump could stop the VTune process, smothering it with a towel could over heat the laptop and it will stop. Before riding long distances start with short rides about 10 minutes then graduate up to see how many data hits you get before your laptop stops reading. Some guys can record for 15 minutes while others can record for 30 or more.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.