Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newbie with questions  (Read 997 times)

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Newbie with questions
« on: March 05, 2006, 05:23:26 PM »

I am new here and do not even have my cvo yet. I am buying a 2004 SEEG
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 05:26:16 PM by just-us-6 »
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Newbie with questions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 06:07:17 PM »

I just want to welcome you aboard Brad.  I can't answer your questions but there will be plenty who can that will jump in and respond.  You are doing the correct thing in reading the threads that are already posted.  I would call Zippers and Freedom directly after checking out their websites. One thing the forum members can do on this board is spend your money  ;).  How long til you get your new SEEG?  If you don't have a shipper I highly recommend www.eagleoneexpress.com  ..

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 06:24:53 PM »

just-us-6/Brad,
First off welcome to the site, and congrats on purchase of your SEEG. You mentioned several different things in you post about what you are considering. I think one of the things that will determine what your end result will be is what type of riding are you going to be doing w/your SEEG? Do you just want to bar hop, or are you planning on doing some touring. I noticed you mentioned you are coming from a Bourget's Chopper (don't misunderstand I'm not saying you can't tour on a chopper), and I was wondering what kind of riding you are anticipating doing w/your SEEG?

Myself I've been faced w/same dilemma.... How much TQ/HP can I go, and still keep reliability and be able to tour w/my SEEG? Do I want TQ or WFO HP? Like you I want to keep the "sleeper" look, and personally I prefer TQ to HP. I'm past the stage where I'm going to keep the throttle WFO in 5th/6th gear just to see how fast it will go. I get much more pleasure getting the mass moving from stoplight to stoplight (Torque). I'm currently waiting on Zippers to come out w/there cams and will go gear drive cams. From what I've been told about the numbers (TQ) that these cams are producing I think it's what I've been waiting for.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 08:29:18 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion on the shipper, I do not have one yet. The loan should go through tomorrow and then I will start lining up the shipper. I was getting really excited, as we had a couple of nice days last week where people were actually starting to get their bikes out and ride, but today we had freezing rain and snow, the midwest is great for throwing unexpected weather!

I think the bike will probably be used mostly around town and occasional longer trips, I would say I am not as worried about top end speed as I am acceleration. Like I said, I definately dont want to loose reliability. I guess I want one bike that does it all, I can only afford one bike. If it is like my road king that wanted to tank slap and yank the handlebars out of my hands at anything above 105 mph, I dont need that much top end. 80-90 sustained cruising is nice though.  So I guess torque would be most important. The bourget was modified by r&r cycles and really had both, quick and fast, especially with the 6 speed true overdrive. Well I guess looking back at this that should make it clear as mud what I want! A six speed will probably be in my future to. I just went through the whole dyno sheet thread all 30 some pages and I guess after the HP and TQ I was getting out of my 95 incher with only exhaust, SERT and SE air cleaner, I expected the 103 to be better. It doesnt seem like they are putting out much more than I was getting with the 95 and in some cases less. [smiley=confused5.gif] :-/ :-/ :-?
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.