Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 2011 CVO Softail sightings  (Read 5261 times)

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
2011 CVO Softail sightings
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »

Since my wife may want one, I thought I better find our where they might be  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:32:47 PM by Georgehjr »
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
Re: 2011 CVO Softail sightings
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »

bump
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:36:30 AM »

Not one to communicate by mental telepathy, I just have to raise the question.... Has nobody on the forum here purchased a 2011 yet??  Nobody??
A month and a half since I rode them hard at Sturgis and nobody has bought one yet???  Let me be the first to say I have my name on one from my somewhat local dealership......anybody else?????   and if so, what color have you ordered??   And what sort of mods are you planning to make it truly your own???  just a wondin'........Pork

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:26:42 AM »

I'Ve ordered the maple metallic with vance hines 2 into 2 radius pipes and they have confirmed delivery at end of march beginning of april, what colour have you ordered (only 20 coming into the uk now)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »

I'Ve ordered the maple metallic with vance hines 2 into 2 radius pipes and they have confirmed delivery at end of march beginning of april, what colour have you ordered (only 20 coming into the uk now)

FB

I saw a maple metallic this weekend.
Beautiful bike.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »

FadBoy, I have changed the original maple metallic/roman gold to scarlet red/slate gray.  has a tentative delivery date of late October/early November. We shall see.   Pork.

Happnin

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »

Saw one in my carport today!!!  :mango:

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 06:34:37 AM »

FadBoy, I have changed the original maple metallic/roman gold to scarlet red/slate gray.  has a tentative delivery date of late October/early November. We shall see.   Pork.

Yes I first thought the maple would be nice then went for the red but now decided to go back to maple, difficult here in the Uk when you cant see it in the flesh, also we have to wait until end of march.

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »

I received my scarlet red one last month from Yellowstone HD of Belgrade MT :bananarock:

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 02:18:40 AM »

My scarlet one that we have named "Frankly".........as in, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"......is sitting in the garage now as we type.  I took it for its first drive this morning.  And let me tell you....it is sweeeeeet!  Hate to be too positive but having owned the 2010 for a year, it is head and shoulders above the '10.  Well, it must be because it is an eleven!  Will get some pics up soon as I just got my home computer up this evening after being down for 2 weeks.  Keep watching.   Pork.

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »

My scarlet one that we have named "Frankly".........as in, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"......is sitting in the garage now as we type.  I took it for its first drive this morning.  And let me tell you....it is sweeeeeet!  Hate to be too positive but having owned the 2010 for a year, it is head and shoulders above the '10.  Well, it must be because it is an eleven!  Will get some pics up soon as I just got my home computer up this evening after being down for 2 weeks.  Keep watching.   Pork.
What makes it "head and shoulders" above the '10?

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:26 PM »

when I say the '11 is Head and shoulders above the '10, here are a few reasons:
1:  saddlebag capacity for the '11 is approximately the same as the Heritage bags; the '10 is probably 2/3 that.  And look at that scooped out area behind them; what is that for???? no reason for that.  could have been more capacity.  Probably wasn't designed specifically for that bike which is a shame!
2:  saddlebags lock!  Put your stuff in them and lock them up.  guards against the grab and run that could occur.  Or those that just like to snoop in peoples' saddlebags at a rally.
3:  this 110 engine idles and runs so smoothly I just can't hardly believe it.  Bike doesn't sit there and shake like the '10.  Neither shook badly but this vibrates even less.  The '10 sounded like it was going to come apart above 3000 rpm from the  get go and only sounded a little better after having 6,000 miles on it when I traded it off.  This engine sounds so smooth no matter how high the rpm has gone so far.  As I have over 50 miles as of today I took it almost to 5000 rpm several times and it seems to be smooth as glass; begging for more.
4:  Cruise control on the '11.  Finally us softailers get to rest our right hands with something from the factory that is simple to operate and function. 
5:  Toggle the speedometer features with with your left thumb having hand stay on the handgrip versus taking your left hand off the grip and avert your focused attention to the dash and then do that several times in a row to get to your desired function and having to take your eyes off the road, etc.  Keep control of the bike and keep your focus in front of the bike where it should be.  Long time coming to this feature.
6:  The mini-apes have you bringing your hands up a few more inches and closer to the outer edges of the windshield blocking the windcurrents more than the '10.  It also sits you back a few inches and gets you back away from the windshield which effectively raises the windhield 4" or so.  Far less wind turbulence which is what most have complained about on the '10 since inception.
7:  Keyless ignition.  Just turn the bike off and step off and away.  It knows if it's you by your having the key.  Still have to have the fob in your pocket but don't have to have a large chrome switch to wear out, etc.  Ever left your ignition for the bike in the "on" position and your light keeps draining the battery???  The '11 shuts down in 2 minutes if you don't start it. 
8:  ABS brakes.  I haven't had the need to use them just yet but am sure there may come a time.  And they will be there.  Everything I've read indicates they are better than regular when you are in the situation they are designed for. 
9:  Finally a stereo system that is in proportion to the fairing that we have.  Better than nothing and I guess the mp3 player isn't anything to sneeze at. 
Need I go on????  All this for $1600 dollars more than the '10 model but I think in the last year Moco really did their homework on this bike.  Some things weren't addressed from last year but for the most part, I say the '11 is the bike I wish they had offered last year.  the one I waited 3 years for them to build.  My only regret is that I stretched way out last year for the '10 and so had to stretch way out again this because it was more base price as well as sales tax as well as taking the largest hit on value for depreciation.  that all had to be factored in of course.  But I think "if a person has the financial ability" this is a good time to get out of the bike that fell a bit short of the mark last year and get into the one that appears to finally be the dream bike many of us were hoping for.  Like someone said a while back, ........we can always make more money.  Of course not everybody can afford to change bikes a year later but that's always been the case since horse and buggy days.  That part hasn't changed. 
I am hoping that next year they will move on to another bike to do a CVO makeover on to make this one really special for a long time. 
Hope I've answered the question adequately.        Pork.
Still want Moco to make  some crash bars for the saddlebags,though......... :nixweiss:

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »

oh, yeah, 2 more things....
(1)   only 3 fuses total!  Everything fully protected but only 1-40 amp fuse and 2-15 amp fuses.....
(2)    The trunk for the '10 will indeed fit the '11 so long as you purchase the detach kit.  The saddlebags will clear the edge of the trunk on this year's model but because they open up to the outside, you can alllllmoooooost get the lid to clear but not quite.  So, put on the extensions with longer bolts and you're there in spades!!   yup!  Head and shoulders above the '10.....but of course, that is only one man's opinion............let's hear from someone else out there..... Pork

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 06:59:37 AM »

9:  Finally a stereo system that is in proportion to the fairing that we have.  Better than nothing and I guess the mp3 player isn't anything to sneeze at. 

Better than nothing? is the sound that bad? if your doing 60mph can the speakers still be heard?

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 08:42:31 AM »

Well, I can't honestly say.  My mp3 player is still sitting in the box on my kitchen counter.  Don't know much about it just yet.  It looks good nestled in the fairing (probably why they didn't put the larger speaker system like on the SG; the fairing is quite small) but don't know the sound quality at all.  so many other facets of the bike for me to get to know and all that.  Sorry; maybe I'll report about that later. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.