Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: WTF Is Wrong With Car Drivers??  (Read 7473 times)

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
WTF Is Wrong With Car Drivers??
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »

Here we go again..........

On Sunday my friend Charles, his 19 year old daughter, and myself went up to John's Mountain in northwestern Georgia for a ride.  Charles's daughter was starting college this week so it was a last Father-Daughter ride before she left for school.  Everything was just fine - riding was good, weather was sunny and hot, and we were having a great time.  After we went over the mountain, we started heading for home as my wife was getting baptised at 6pm and we all were going to be there.  It was approximately 3:45pm.  On the way back to the main highway we got behind a large van.  Since we were sightseeing and there was no hurry, we stayed behind the van and enjoyed the ride.

The van was keeping the posted speed and driving just fine until we topped a small hill in the two lane road.  After cresting the hill the van started slowing down and eventually came to a stop in the middle of the road.  Charles stopped behind the van about 8 feet back and I was behind and to the right of Charles by about another 6 feet.  I thought the van driver was going to wave us around as we had been on a double yellow line road for about 2 miles, but did not move to go around her when she stopped.  All of a sudden, her backup lights came on and she gave it some gas!!  She hit Charles pretty hard and pushed his bike into me, and continued to give it gas in reverse!!!!  When I finally stopped trying to control my bike and let it go down I ran up to her window and started screaming STOP STOP STOP and was pounding on her glass.  She barely reacted, proceeded to put the van in drive and was attempting to drive away!!!  I got in front of the van and yelled at her to put the van in park, turn the van off, and use her cell to call 911.  It took a few minutes for her to react, but she did as I had instructed.  Charles and his daughter were transported by ambulance, treated, and released the same day/night.  I had to stay with the bikes until my wife could get there.  I got the Honda loaded up and tied down on the trailer, pulled the fender off my front tire, and rode mine back home behind the trailer.  I had to go the the ER just as soon as I got home, and was released by them at about 2am Monday morning.

What the heck is wrong with car drivers out there??????????????
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Car Drivers??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »

Man, we try to convince ourselves (delude ourselves) in to thinking we can account for most things.  Then we get reminded that we just can't.  Just can't know what is (or sometimes isn't) going on in someone's head.

Glad everyone is ok.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:20:58 PM »

What did the bimbo have to say? What did the cops do? I hope they cited her!  If not, I'm guessing she's going to claim she tried to stop and you guys rear ended her. Might want to get an attorney real quick! sounds like this could get messy real quick. Thank God everyone was OK,
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »

Wow!! Talk about scary...what an idiot!!!!!!!!! Glad you are all ok and hope she does get cited!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »

Wow, you've only had the new bike a couple months, too.  Glad you guys are all OK.  Strange accident.  Did she just not like two bikes following her? :confused5:

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »

Yeah, what the hell was that all about?!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:12:30 PM »

Hopefully the police took her in for a little foreign substance testing, because it sounds like she was either not mentally competent or she was wacked out on something.  Probably remembered she was supposed to turn somewhere and decided to just back up until she found the turnoff.  Kind of like the idiots I see on the interstates backing down the shoulder 'cause they missed the exit.   Duh!

Glad everyone came out OK.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »

Grinner,

Sorry to read about this.  You were smart to get photos.  I hope you took at least one of the driver and any evidence of injuries.   Jerry's probably right.  Foreign something, maybe illegal, uninsured alien?   Bikes will get repaired.  Glad the people are OK. 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »

They should hang that bimbo. Glad that everybody is ok get a good lawyer.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 10:19:17 AM »

I would just love to hear her side of the story!  Someting like this wouldn't have happened if those stupid bikers were not there!.  She is going to need a good attorney for this one. I could not have imagined what went through your mind during this.  Really sorry this had to happen to you folks.

Ray G.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »

Strange accident.  Did she just not like two bikes following her? :confused5:

Maybe she thought you were stalking her.     :nixweiss:

I'm on your side and glad you were not injured as this is surely strange.  Please keep us updated.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »

WOW Grinner, I think you have gone through enough with these mindless drivers, glad your not in the shape you were last year, very glad your alright along with Charles and his daughter, Interested to hear more of the story!  MAT

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »

WOW - WTHeck was she up to.

Pictures make me sick - anytime a bike is on its' side.

Glad all are ok.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:06 AM »

Glad everyone is OK....I am curious what her explanation was

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Car Drivers?? UPDATE
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »

First off - yes, she was cited by State Trooper but allowed to drive away after the investigation was completed.  Her biggest complaint to the Officer was "All of a sudden a bunch of bikers were beating on my window and I was scared for my life!".  The Officer looked at her and said, "Ma'am, were they beating on your window BEFORE or AFTER you tried to kill them?"  She said she didn't understand, so the Officer further explained - "Well, were they beating on your window before you put it in reverse?" "No", she said.  The Officer said "THEN THEY WERE BEATING ON YOUR WINDOW TRYING TO GET YOU TO STOP RUNNING OVER THEM!!!"  I think she got the point.

I got lots of pictures, contacted my attorney the next day, and got the claim filed with her insurance carrier yesterday.  Her carrier (Allstate) said she has not even contacted them about the accident.  I'm going to do my best to see that her license is revoked until she can prove she is able to drive responsibly.

She never apologized, never asked if we were alright, and simply drove away after the Officer cleared her to do so.  I did hear her tell one of the Firemen that she "was out in the county and didn't think there would be anyone behind her when she backed up".  Unbelieveable.........
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:02:31 AM by grinner »
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.