Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: WTF Is Wrong With Car Drivers??  (Read 7475 times)

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Car Drivers??
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 04:43:08 PM »

Grinner,

I am happy that all the riders are OK.  My wife and I both ride our own bikes a lot and if that would ever happen to me, I know I would be put in jail for assault.  My compliments to you for holding your temper and I do hope they lock her up but I know she will probably pay a pultry fine and walk away.  Damn cage drivers!!!!
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Bubba Love

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 02:15:30 AM »

Grinner,

I am happy that all the riders are OK.  My wife and I both ride our own bikes a lot and if that would ever happen to me, I know I would be put in jail for assault.  My compliments to you for holding your temper and I do hope they lock her up but I know she will probably pay a pultry fine and walk away.  Damn cage drivers!!!!
[

Grinner:  sorry about your mishap.  Enjoyed meeting you in Maggie.  Maybe we can get you a C.V.O. Sherman Tank!!!  Ride safe and watch out for the crazy drivers.  Bubba Love.

Aaron Sr.

• CVO1: 2010.5 Crimson Mist Black slate
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 12:01:12 PM »

WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS THE DEPTH OF HER STUPIDITY!!!

Just when you think you can say "I've seen it all...."

Sorry about your bikes. Glad everyone is still alive!

Aaron

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »

I'm no legal beagle, but were this me, I think I'd handle this in two parts.

Part A) Collect on her insurance for the damage to your vehicles and out of pocket expenses. Complete Part A before moving on to Part B. (note, do not sign any paperwork which releases her personally from additional legal claims resulting form this accident. Sign off on her insurance only)

Part B) Hire an attorney and file a civil suit citing her wanton disregard for your lives, ongoing issues involving injuries recieved as a result of the accident etc etc etc, Any competent Pesonal Injury Lawyer will know all the right verbiage to use in the wording of the suit. Now, the reason I suggested signing off on the insurance company in Part A was to cut her off at the knees from having big money representing her in court. With her insurance company off the hook, she's on her own dollar. That gives you a tremendous amount of leverage in dealing with her. Unless she's wealthy (doubtful some rich lady would be driving an old 18 passenger van) you need to watch out that she doesn't simply have herself declared judgement proof. This is where she shows the court she has no money and there's no hope of your suit prevailing in terms of monetary settlement. At that point all you can get is a lien against her that she'd have to pay off before she could do anything other than eat, sleep and work. It gets pretty complicated but as I said, a competent personal injury lawyer can explain it to you.

So sorry to read of this, it's everybody who rides worst nightmare. Good luck and hope everyone is fine now

B B

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »

People are total friggin' morons.  Glad y'all are ok, and do like me because I also just got in an accident......get a lawyer!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 05:57:55 AM »

This is probably the fourth time I have read this, and had not  previously posted because I am still astounded by the stupidity of some drivers, and have been in situations like this...she should definitely have been cited for attempted manslaughter. How do you justify backing up on a road? It is not like it was in town, with street parking, and having a signal on to indicate intent. I see people backing up to exit ramps on the highway and wonder how they feel putting their lives and the lives of others in jeopard just to avoid a few minutes out of their way to take the next exit, or the ones that took the wrong exit and back up the frigging ramp! Too many idiots with licenses to kill these days...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.