Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: ipod interface install  (Read 39641 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: ipod interface install
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 10:35:06 PM »

Page 3 of 5

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »

Page 4 of 5

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »

Page 5 of 5

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 09:59:47 AM »

Does this 35 pin connector come on the 2010 SESG, I have looked in the manual and on the bike and it appears to be the right hand connector on the radio as you look at it from the front. If I am right, then I will need to order the connector.
Hawg

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 10:15:26 AM »

The 35 pin connector and cable only come on models with a cb module.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »

Yes, what Steve said.

I'm not sure what else comes with the 35-pin connector kit, but something in extra wiring must also come with it.

I wish I had known this first so I could have ordered the kit at the same time.

:soapbox:   :soapbox:   :soapbox:

Now that I KNOW more about this, the descriptions in the tag line on the iPod Interface "what it fits info" make sense.  It would have been easier to say any HK Advanced Audio without CB will need to order 69200033 35-pin connector kit harness.

I mean, how do I know that I don't have this harness on my bike without the additional info in the instructions?  Even if I pulled off my nose to take a look, how do I know what P/N 70169-06 is?

They could have done a lot better job in "selling" this upgrade to the average guy.  I looked in my '08 Touring Electrical manual and it had no pictures, just troubleshooting and miscellaneous wiring schematics.

:beatdeadhorse:   :beatdeadhorse:   :beatdeadhorse:
If you look inside the connector on the rear of the radio, front of bike, the rows are numbered starting left to right at the top with pin 1, second row pin 13 and bottom row with pin 24.  I took the five "extra" wires on the iPod Interface cable and counted out the pins and pushed them onto the the correct ones as though they were installed in the connector.  I still got zilch for function.  Some of the other 6B or 275B must also hook up on wiring that I don't have.

Steve, I'm glad yours went well for you.

I've read the instructions, but I must be having a brain fart...  What is "NIM"?

Thanks to all here.  I have some install pictures that I'll show later when I have some time to post them.

Dan
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 12:11:33 PM »

Good news - For me at least.   ;D

Still waiting to hear if the hand control have full functionality before I pull the trigger.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:04:11 AM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 01:24:38 PM »

Navigation interface module.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »

I tried to pick up one of the 35-pin connector kits on Saturday and no one locally had one.  I called my local dealer yesterday to order one and he told me they were on backorder from HD.  I said forget the order and I'll get one elsewhere.  I thought that Tri-County (Jenni) would have one.  My parts guy said wait a minute, let's check the state availability and it came up empty, no one in Missouri stocked them.  He then check national and came up empty for every dealer in the US.

So I kept the order with him as the 20% and tax on a $20 part is not a big deal.

It seems that there might be more people upgrading to the new iPod Interface module that didn't have CB or navigation that comes on the more decked out Electra Glides.  I know for a fact that RG's need the 35-pin connector kit and I would assume that any SG would need it as well.

The only thing that got me was that I have to take the front off my SERG one more time.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 09:58:35 AM »

Does anyone know if this will help with audio loss that is experienced through the front AUX.  I have noticed that there is quite a difference between the max volume of a CD vs. my Ipod.  I have played with the volume on the Ipod but it is still not as loud as a CD. 

Just wondering,

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »

Does anyone know if this will help with audio loss that is experienced through the front AUX.  I have noticed that there is quite a difference between the max volume of a CD vs. my Ipod.  I have played with the volume on the Ipod but it is still not as loud as a CD. 

Just wondering,

Topper
My ipod's levels are fine - Could very well be the recorded levels of the songs on the ipod itself.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »

Just wondering,

Topper

Topper,

I have been playing my iPod through the AUX jack all the time.  I do play some mp3 discs from time to time and a couple CD's, but my iPod and the CD player seem to be at about the same volume level.

What I have always had is the radio is a lot lower volume than the AUX and CD player.  I have always had to crank up the volume on the radio and it's never EVER been as crisp and clear as the CD or AUX with the iPod.

In my car or truck I have no "differences" like I do on the SERG.

This doesn't answer your question, but it does give you another observation.

Good luck.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »

Ah... I forgot about the recording levels.  You may be right!  Thanks for the input guys.

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 11:57:39 PM »

For those who may want to add a tour pak with HD speaker pods with passenger controls, or add CB or XM in the future, the 70169-06 non-Ultra Overlay harness may be a better choice than the I-pod interface specific harness that is in short supply currently.  The NUOH has the 35-wire connector that the Ultra has, but has connectors for adding the harnesses from the CB and XM modules, as well as the rider headset, passenger headset, and rear speaker wirng/passenger controls.  Haven't seen the I-pod specific harness so I don't know if it has provision for these accessories.

On an Ultra installation, the 35-wire connector has five unused pin-outs that have seal pins in the chambers; these are removed and replaced with wires for the I-pod interface module harness.  I haven't pulled the outer fairing to check my NUOH, but it likely has the same seal pins as the Ultra connector.

HD could do a far better job on fitment descriptions.  As for the 70169-06 harness, it's on HD's website under the Electronics/Audio tab, but says nothing about its use with the I-pod interface accessory--go figure.

Carl

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »

Subscribed
Ride safe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.