Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Did ya' ever try to fool mother nature?  (Read 2786 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Did ya' ever try to fool mother nature?
« on: April 30, 2004, 01:06:01 AM »

Well...............I have...........specifically mother nature gravity. I've been heading over to the riding test course in the evening to practice my slow speed turns within the test rectangle and seemd to be getting the hang of it--got the bike to turn within the box a few times. Man, you really gotta have speed goin in, and let the bike flop over, and tweak the throttle to make it!! I tempted fate several times  [smiley=nervous.gif]
having to put my foot down with alot of weight waiting for me...the throttle always helping me thru. Well, I was beginning to get proud of myself....and then.................................. I took the bike into work early this week and there were these two orange cones blocking one parking space.....I was riding parallel to the spaces on my left.....there were a few cars then four open spaces with the orange cones in the middle....so instead of turning left and driving straight in like I normally do....I thought of everybody else in the world backing their bikes into spaces....well.....I decided to do something completely different.....turn left.......duck in behind the cones and then turn right straighten up...stop....then back the bike in. Well...........................................you see mother nature had other things in mind for my precious lady that day........... [smiley=uhoh2.gif]..................somehow.....I'm not exactly sure....maybe the higher sundowner seat....maybe I was just .... [smiley=sleeping.gif]... [smiley=zzz.gif].....I made the left and then the right around the cones with no problem...nice slow speed....thought I had straightened up OK, couldn't go as far out into the road as I had planned....... [smiley=uhoh.gif]........ as another car had passed by in the area I planned to go....then mother nature called.. [smiley=oops.gif]..first time actually slows...it's remarkable.........that slow motion thing sets in.......the second I placed my right foot down....the unmistakable pull toward the earth..... [smiley=nervous.gif]....all I could think of was how cool JCZ looked in that Prowler, being served drinks by gorgous ladies,  [smiley=kiss2.gif].......having women getting naked and then crawling all over his bike.. [smiley=gorgeous.gif].........the essense of cool.. [smiley=smoking.gif]........."Sure JCZ, we'll give you this Corbin seat for free!"...... "We think you are cool!" all the Corbin staff remark..... that intangible thing that has eluded me......my whole life....just a little bit of that cool would be nice.........but no...instead the weight of the bike increases exponentially....mother nature calls....bring her to me Psycho.....let her rest her head here for a bit..........my muscles began to quiver and bulge.......no....no....no.....not gonna do this.......the weight shifted to my right knee...too much...can't do this......again thinking about that mostly neked woman sprawled all over JCZ's bike....no....no....no...mother nature's soft voice harshened up a bit and craked at me......"Psycho!"....."Eat the pavement!"..."Now!"....."Right here psycho!"...."Kiss the pavement!"...."I want that lady down now!".....i argue with her to no avail........... [smiley=sauer024.gif]........by now blood is spurting out of my veins... [smiley=sauer055.gif].....my guts are spilling out all over the paring lot...... [smiley=sauer005.gif].......my teeth are so tightly clenched with teeth falling out from the intense pressure.....blood dripping through my face fom the pressure......my draggin jeans...my body armor.....fancy BMW boots.....full face Arai with all that fancy ventilation...........all failing me as the pavement approaches........again.....the essense of cool  [smiley=cool26.gif]......just slipping away on the distant horizon.................then the inevitable happens....... [smiley=confused5.gif].........kiss the pavement........ [smiley=oops.gif]........laid the lady down............ever so gently..................just long enough to get my left leg over to the other side and then she was right back up................mother nature had a smirk on her face....and said "Don't mess with me Psycho!"  [smiley=whip.gif]in a firm voice. That's right.........................................................................................................................................Psycho goes down......... [smiley=bigok.gif].................I've joined the other side............ [smiley=beerchug.gif]............those that have been down and those that will...............well, I'm officially on the been down side......so send my registration papers in to the all omnicient motor cycle crash mother in the sky that I've been down..... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].....yeah baby! I thought for sure JCZ was gonna walk right up to me........"Gotcha Psycho!"........man he get neked girls on his bike.....and I get to kiss the pavement! Trust me.....I will never start the bike in gear....never!    

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
Re: Did ya' ever try to fool mother nature?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 10:56:26 AM »

Well Psycho... Your membership card should be going out in the mail today.  The over used cliche of two types of riders "those who went down and those who are going to go down" is nice in one respect.  It does not clairify how hard you hit or how fast you are going when it happens.  If this is your one time and all that happened is your pride was dented a bit, then purchase the ride bell,hang it on that Deuce ASAP and consider yourself lucky!

Did you do any damage at all to the scoot?  Sure hope you did not scratch the fenders or tank because as I have found out the hard way, HD will take 12-16 weeks to get newly painted sheet metal out to the dealer fixing the bike.

I have one week left with this cast on and I hope to be walking normal soon.  It has given me plenty of time to think and I only know one thing...  I really want to ride again.  It is just something that I love to do and I will not let a little accident caused by road conditions stop me.  Time to get back on the horse and become a better rider because of it.  

People get injured at their hobbies day in and day out.  Not many of them stop doing what they love to do.  I know that I will never get injured snow boarding, skiing, sky diving, rock climbing, etc., and how do I know this you might ask...  It is becasue I do not do any of them!  I also watch the news daily and can't believe the horrible injuries and death that occur from the strangest things.  Danger is everywhere and you do not get a chance to choose what happens and when.  The moral of the story is that I will not go cautiously into life so I can be safely injured somehow.

Keep your chin up (and the Deuce), keep on practicing and enjoy each ride.  Hope the surfing is treating you well.  Once again, glad you were not injured!  Be Safe!

Take Care Psycho,

Paul

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 10:34:25 PM »

Psycho, great post! [smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 10:37:55 PM by 103tHunDer »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 10:47:24 AM »

Psycho.......yer a legend in my books.......in the comedy area! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

One things for sure......you can sure make me laugh.  Your posts are funny in their own right, but your image of me is even funnier, to me. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  It's all posed for and paid for with the models Psycho.....well, except for Babe, who I'm married to.  And, I suppose, one could argue that I pay for that one too, on a daily basis.....but she's my wife and I love her.

I sure hope you didn't scratch any paint!  I know one member of this board who recently started his bike while it was in gear.....and he wasn't on it!  But I will not mention any names.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 09:47:54 PM »

It does not clairify how hard you hit or how fast you are going when it happens.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 09:56:06 PM »

Psycho, great post! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 10:05:24 PM »

Psycho.......yer a legend in my books.......in the comedy area! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

One things for sure......you can sure make me laugh.

jdwayne

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 04:33:49 PM »

great post welcome to the dark side j.d. [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 22 queries.