Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Round THREE  (Read 922 times)

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
Round THREE
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:50:02 AM »

Well, going back to the shop for round 3. Is anyone else having problems with their heated grips. Mine were replaced back in Dec and now the damn things aren't working again  >:(  between the radio and grips this thing seems to like to be at the Harely Store more than with me.  :(

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Round THREE
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:51:11 AM »

everyone i know that has used the heated grips has had them burn out over and over
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »

Request a refund and buy Gerbing G3 heated gloves.  The elements are on the outside or leading edge verses the inside.  If you have mulitiple rides or sell your bike, no problem take them to the new ride.  I believe there is a recent thread on this topic.  
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

cigarmike

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »

Id like to know about the heated gloves, wifey would like these, can a passenger wear them??

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 09:30:10 AM »

Id like to know about the heated gloves, wifey would like these, can a passenger wear them??

Mike, I have the G3's along with the heated jacket liner.  Don't wear the gloves much but they're great when I do.  I'm heading over to HD-Dude's tomorrow.  If you want I'll bring them so you can check them out.  

Ernie
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 10:57:18 AM »

I haven't had any problems with the heated grips on my ultrase (I took delivery in late October). It would be nice if they were hotter but I like the warmth on the cool days. I have noticed they are ineffective when the temp is less than 35 degrees F. Guess I have 2 years of warranty to figure out a better solution. I have heated gloves now but dislike wearing them because they're so bulky.

cigarmike

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »

if its not a hassle Ernie, sure bring the gloves, (Not the Jacket), we dont need to let the wife know that THOSE exist also.  :D She has been complaing when we rode that its not fair that I had heated grips. So this may be a way to calm her down. She has been more than fair about my toy fetiesh. Ill give her the gloves maybe.

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 12:35:57 PM »

On the 06 for the passenger heated gear, I routed the plug from the battery up thru the slot in the seat where the backrest goes. It seems to be easy to get to and you can hide it when you're not using it. I don't know if that would be best location for just gloves but it's a good location to plug in the jacket liner.
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.