Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)  (Read 100250 times)

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »

no  hdctss it comes with the y- harnes

Kodas

• Close to the Dragon, Cherohala, and BRP
    • TN

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Black Licorice
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 (sold)
    • CVO3: 2012 BBP Street Glide gone
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2013, 07:40:54 PM »

Is there a difference in functions between the HD mod and the Ride Time Technology TurnSe+ module?
Screw it let's ride

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »

works great...bought the parts from the dealer...put them in...swapped black wires...works like a charm...but that damn grommet
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

liro27

« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:20 PM »

I received SE Ultra Tour-Pak Turn Signal Module (TurnSE+ Module), from Ride Time Technology
They installed very easily and worked perfectly.
I am recommend this prodcut.

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/

CVO FF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic Riptide Blue/ Titanium Dust
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »

Made the change last year. Love the results. Easy to do but like is posted above that grommet was a bugger.
Fullsac X pipe
Fullsac 2.0 power cores
TTS w/Fullsac Map
HD SE Ventilator
Anderson Tour Pack Extender
EZ up center stand
House of Hawgs LED tourpack light
Zumo 660

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2013, 02:20:48 PM »

works great...bought the parts from the dealer...put them in...swapped black wires...works like a charm...but that damn grommet

Since this post was originally started in 2010, I just wanted to confirm that the HD parts needed are still:
69911-11
70933-10

For those of you that installed on a 2013 UC CVO, am I still ok just ordering those parts?  Thanks

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »

that is all you need for this
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »

Thanks.  Will order the parts tomorrow.  Since I am "mechanically challenged" I do have a friend who will assist me in the install.  Is this a 2 beer minimum????  ;D

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2013, 12:18:49 AM »

Started the install today.  When all plugged in, the turn signals flash together, irregardless of which signal (left or right) is pushed.  Center light works fine.  Is this caused by the wires coming out of the LED light box? Should switching the L/R black wires correct this?  Wiring into the y harness matched up ok.  Hopefully, this is not caused by a bad module.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2013, 07:41:27 AM »

Thanks.  Will order the parts tomorrow.  Since I am "mechanically challenged" I do have a friend who will assist me in the install.  Is this a 2 beer minimum????  ;D

Yes...2 beer minimum.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2013, 07:42:58 AM »

Started the install today.  When all plugged in, the turn signals flash together, irregardless of which signal (left or right) is pushed.  Center light works fine.  Is this caused by the wires coming out of the LED light box? Should switching the L/R black wires correct this?  Wiring into the y harness matched up ok.  Hopefully, this is not caused by a bad module.

Not a bad module but you will need to switch the L/R wires/pins. All will function fine after that.

OldSkull

• 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • OK

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8

Hello everyone!
There may some confusion about the tour pack wiring due to the differences in year / CVO etc. Here is a picture from my service manual wiring schematic. There clearly is no way to make the side markers, wrap around and rear lighting function independently as it is wired from the HD. They all use only ground, run and brake. The wiring also is separated as it enters the tour pack and under the metal pack plate (one mine anyway) going to side marker lights.
I have purchased a tour pack factory plug (indicated as 12-6 B) along with all of the pins, wires, and a lighting harness Y adapter (for under the seat). Plans are to use a lighting adapter / load balancer to enable the use of the HD 2 wire LED sections to function as run / brake / signal. I will use all 7 pins, combine the common wires and separate the left and right turn signal using the adapter outputs. I am still working out the details on a clean install. Plans are to simply unplug the factory plug and plug in my revised one. I put the LED lights on the saddlebag rails, and will run the 3 wires from them to a point under the seat on the same bundle heading up to the pack.

Hopefully.... Everything will illuminate and each function blink in unison!

Running-all time,
Brake= All bright
Turn signal = side markers, rear corners, saddlebag rail LED's = Off/bright/Off.

Edit:
My apologies for not fully grasping the content within the previous 15 pages of this thread. I seemed to keep running into parts that related to the 2009 tour pack and not the CVO LED with wrap around. I went through all of the threads again several times, copy and pasting the information in a separate document, and think I understand the conversion. It did not seem to be possible without a complete re-wire of the 8 (7 pin) plug on the rear LED lights since it only used 3 wires. I have an older Badlands Illuminator module with only the wires and no plug, so I am now going to attempt to wire this to a plug after the Y connector (this worked for you Heatwave?) and include the LED lights on the saddlebag guards. If I am not able to wire the female plug correctly I will buy the harness adapter from HD. Somehow in all this mess I need to install a plug for my trailer isolator module as well.
Thank you Heatwave for your correction to my post. And a million thanks to everyone for the incredible information found in this post as well as the entire CVO board!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:58:49 AM by OldSkull »

2013 FLHTCUSE8
"Sookie"
Bassani Slant Slip-ons / V&H True Duels / Super Sucker II, HD Tuner/Dyno, Covington Cycles Chrome Inserts, Mustang Duel Heated Seat, D-Gerbing Heated Gear System / Custom Run/Brake/Turn for Rear Lighting, Progressive Shocks / Chrome Primary Case, Ram Camera Mount/Iron Braid Levers-bag Guard

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

Hello everyone!
There may some confusion about the tour pack wiring due to the differences in year / CVO etc. Here is a picture from my service manual wiring schematic. There clearly is no way to make the side markers, wrap around and rear lighting function indepently as it is wired from the HD. They all use only ground, run and brake. The wiring also is seperated as it enters the tour pack and under the metal pack plate (one mine anyway) going to side marker lights.
I have purchased a tour pack factory plug (indicated as 12-6 B) along with all of the pins, wires, and a lighting harness Y adapter (for under the seat). Plans are to use a lighting adapter / load balancer to enable the use of the HD 2 wire LED sections to function as run / brake / signal. I will use all 7 pins, combine the common wires and seperate the left and right turn signal using the adapter outputs. I am still working out the details on a clean install. Plans are to simply unplug the factory plug and plug in my revised one. I put the LED lights on the saddlebag rails, and will run the 3 wires from them to a point under the seat on the same bundle heading up to the pack.

Hopefully.... Everything will illuminate and each function blink in unison!

Running-all time,
Brake= All bright
Turn signal = side markers, rear corners, saddlebag rail LED's = Off/bright/Off.

The statement in bold is innaccurate. I have a 2010 SEUC and I have 2 LEs, to handle LEDS at all 4 corners, along with the turn signals converted from the LED TP Wraparound light. It was a relatively easy install but it did require swapping pins in the connector inside the TP. For more details on how to make this mod, just search earlier in thuis thread. Many others have completed the conversion with little time and effort.

The conversion of the wraparound LEDs from just being a brake signal, to brake AND turn signals, has only one downside. The wraparound LEDs will not function as 4 way flashers. The lower turn signals will continue to function as 4way flashers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:40:05 PM by Heatwave »

mightywarlock

• Junior CVO Member

So.
16 pages, and lots of confusion as to what and where this will work or not.  I'm confused.
Lots of information, but can someone please summarize,
for a 2013 CVO Ultra with wraparound LED on tourpak, to make the factory Run/Brake/Run only switch to Blinker/Brake/Blinker...

It is just a matter of ordering a kit now as posted earlier to make it match that video that was posted a long time ago?

Exactly what is needed, and how is it done from beginning to end?

And how does this work with the LED Airwing light I want to add to my rack on top of the tourpak?

You guys say it is only 2 parts to order, then there were 3 part numbers earlier...but then back to just 2...

Just want to get this all together so I can order my parts...

and also, does this work with the Kuryakyn Run Turn Brake modules?  I had it in my '07 Ultra, and removed it before I traded it in to get the '13 CVO Ultra...was wondering whether I should install that before the new stuff to make the tourpak work correctly...?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:08:44 PM by mightywarlock »

LabMan

I just purchased the Ride Time TurnSE+ run/brake/turn signal module and installed it on my 2013 CVO Ultra.  The LED light bar on the trunk now is a running light, all three function as brake lights, and the end lights are also turn signals.  The 4 way flasher also uses the corner LEDs.  I also have the run/brake light on the rack from Harley.  It is mentioned in the instructions, so no issue there.  Very simple to install.  Instructions are very clear and go step by step.  I.E.- remove seat, remove tour pack bottom liner.  Identify plug under seat and plug in a connector, run wire through grommet with existing wires, plug in another connector, remove 4 pins from one connector, install them in new one, plug all in and check for function, install seat and liner and ride!   Every step where a connector is involved it is described and identified with pictures.  I received it in the mail today and installed it in less than an hour,  very easy install. 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.