Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)  (Read 101147 times)

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 5
Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »

This is a GREAT addition.  Just finished the install, took about 2 hours since I HATE electrical stuff!!  But it is a good result, just like the video postred earlier.? 

Have any of you been able to get the 4-way flasher to work on the top corners??  My lights flash on the lower rear and the front, but not the upper, now modified, lights. 

Not a biggie, just want to be consistent.

Blksilverado

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2011, 10:17:50 PM »

Installed the kit last night, no trouble after getting familiar with the directions.

Tips:
1) use a #60 drill bit to release the pin lock (after pulling up the white release)
2) you only have to swap the 2 black wires #5 and #8 on the tour pac light plug
3) use a small piece of velcro to attach the module to the left rear corner of the tour pac

The kit works great, just as advertised! Thanks

Tom

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »

I would like one of your kits, I have a 2011 FLTRUSE. Please email me with your paypal info and I'll send money. Thanks
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2011, 11:47:57 PM »

Have any of you been able to get the 4-way flasher to work on the top corners??  My lights flash on the lower rear and the front, but not the upper, now modified, lights.  

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »

Installed kit and it works great. Thanks

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2011, 12:30:27 AM »

I still haven't heard from JDO about how to get a kit. Can someone tell me how to contact him? He hasn't responded to this board or my pm.  sweethddv@hotmail.com  Thanks.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:43 AM »

PM is good...I have his phone number at home.  I will pm it to you when I get home tomorrow.

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »

I just got my module/harness from my local dealer and plan to make my own y-harness (similar to JDO's) to get it to work. I haven't had a chance to install it yet tho, so I haven't had a chance to see what I can make it do...

Have any of you been able to get the 4-way flasher to work on the top corners??  My lights flash on the lower rear and the front, but not the upper, now modified, lights. 

I'm interested in making the 4-ways work too, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Once I get the turnsignals working I might be able to test out some ideas, but I don't want to risk damaging the TSSM. One of my questions is: do the 4-ways work OK while the bike is running, but not when the bike is turned off? If that's the case, then the module may be drawing 12v power from the running light circuit to brighten the corner lamps during braking and/or turn signal operation. If true, then supplying an isolated 12v source when the ignition is off might make the module work, or if done incorrectly it would probably keep the running lights lit and drain the battery...

I'm (literally) in the dark until I get mine working. All I can do for now is speculate, so please don't think I know what I'm talking about!  :P
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2011, 04:01:51 PM »

I just got my module/harness from my local dealer and plan to make my own y-harness (similar to JDO's) to get it to work. I haven't had a chance to install it yet tho, so I haven't had a chance to see what I can make it do...

I'm interested in making the 4-ways work too, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Once I get the turnsignals working I might be able to test out some ideas, but I don't want to risk damaging the TSSM. One of my questions is: do the 4-ways work OK while the bike is running, but not when the bike is turned off? If that's the case, then the module may be drawing 12v power from the running light circuit to brighten the corner lamps during braking and/or turn signal operation. If true, then supplying an isolated 12v source when the ignition is off might make the module work, or if done incorrectly it would probably keep the running lights lit and drain the battery...

I'm (literally) in the dark until I get mine working. All I can do for now is speculate, so please don't think I know what I'm talking about!  :P
My dealer ran two wires off the run/turn/brake module to the corner lights and the 4 ways work just fine.  The corner lights are the same brightness as they are as runnin lights though, they don't get brighter like the middle section does.  It's OK in day and real good at nite.  they charged me a half hour labor (35.00)
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2011, 06:58:12 PM »

Have any of you been able to get the 4-way flasher to work on the top corners??  My lights flash on the lower rear and the front, but not the upper, now modified, lights.  

mine 4 ways are like yours the module must not have that capability, go figure harley left sometrhing out

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2011, 07:57:22 PM »

Biker boy....I will check this option out and let you know. (about while the bike is running).  They flash well when in the aux position, which is all I have checked so far.

And of course, I don't intend to ever use the 4-way flasher, but its a "nice-to-have"

III

« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »

Hey Jeff, Received and installed the kit and it works great. Thanks

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »

Biker boy....I will check this option out and let you know. (about while the bike is running).  They flash well when in the aux position, which is all I have checked so far.

And of course, I don't intend to ever use the 4-way flasher, but its a "nice-to-have"

Thanks Arctic John. The weather was too nice this weekend so I had to go for a ride instead of working on the lights!!  8) I'll get to it one of these days soon...

Don't like to think about it, but we've had to use the flashers before. I agree -they're "nice-to-have" when you need them!
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 08:52:07 PM »

everything shipped,4 ways a harley oversight but I plan on turning alot ,and if I need to use 4 ways I'll have a bigger problem.   jdo

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »

Finally tried teh flashers with the bike running.  They do not work with the bike running or not running.  I am sure one of you smart guys will figure this out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.