Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)  (Read 100223 times)

OldSkull

• 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • OK

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8

Hello All!
I still have not done this yet but plan on it within next few weeks.

I really believe the Tourpak lighting enhancement will make us more visible and thus a little safer.
Today I witnessed a near miss of a truck barreling to a yellow / stop light where an Ultra was just stopping. The cager never saw the bike , and swerved at the last second to go around him into the passing lane to avoid rear ending him. So anything we can do to improve our visibility is a must!

HD has the pigtail that supposedly will do most of the light mods, it's around 60.00, but still requires mucking with the main rear TP plug.

Talked with Namz, here is the response:
first, tour pack, we will need to customize a Badlands module for you to allow this.
The module will give you RUN, BRAKE and TURN for both LEFT and RIGHT sides and an additional RUN, BRAKE & GROUND for the center BRAKE LIGHT in the tour pack.
You would need to modify the wiring in the tour pack separating the LEFT and RIGHT sides and isolating the BRAKE light as well, very simple. We supply the wiring & install butt connectors for an easy installation for you.

The one from  SE Ultra Tour-Pak Turn Signal Module (TurnSE+ Module), from Ride Time Technology seems to be what most guys are going with, it would just be really nice if they would update their website information, video and instructions to correlate to the SE when mentioned.

This all goes back to the fact of the main plug only using the 2 or 3 functions to either of the LED sections, and to what level we are willing to tear into the plug and connections.
Sticking a needle into the male / female connection points to wiggle out the plug can be a challenge, especially if not ever done or done very much.
Plus the risk of screwing one of the plugs up, requiring a new plug to be crimped in place, although cheap, the crimp tool is very expensive to do it right. otherwise skillful use of needle-nose and pliers may give success.

What I have done is print off all of the instructions at the beginning of this thread that relate to the SE, and not the simple 2009ish year types, print off the somewhat current instructions on RT Tech. Print off the information about the HD pigtail, (either your dealer or sometimes the HD sight will have them with the right part number) ,  print off the instructions on how to remove and re-install the connector pins on both the TP main and the small 2 / 3 wire black plugs in TP bottom. And then decide to which level of fewest-connections-to-go-wrong-with-time I want to use.

I am leaning toward the Namz product, as I really HATE the Kury module, and LOVE the Badlands products. Plus the Badlands balance the current to help make everything close to the same brightness, and usually brighter than factory (I will check into that and let you know for latest module) (past experience has been righteous customer service with Badlands) and I plan on using the Namz trailer isolator with the Bushtec hidden hitch for the ride to Milwaukee this summer.
So for sure want everything to BLINK in unison!

At the risk of growing this long thread, I would like to post the final MOD with pictures, NOT to push someones product, but to simply share what I decided to do. I'm sure the simpler the better in the long run!

2013 FLHTCUSE8
"Sookie"
Bassani Slant Slip-ons / V&H True Duels / Super Sucker II, HD Tuner/Dyno, Covington Cycles Chrome Inserts, Mustang Duel Heated Seat, D-Gerbing Heated Gear System / Custom Run/Brake/Turn for Rear Lighting, Progressive Shocks / Chrome Primary Case, Ram Camera Mount/Iron Braid Levers-bag Guard

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8

So.
16 pages, and lots of confusion as to what and where this will work or not.  I'm confused.
Lots of information, but can someone please summarize,
for a 2013 CVO Ultra with wraparound LED on tourpak, to make the factory Run/Brake/Run only switch to Blinker/Brake/Blinker...

It is just a matter of ordering a kit now as posted earlier to make it match that video that was posted a long time ago?
Exactly what is needed, and how is it done from beginning to end?
And how does this work with the LED Airwing light I want to add to my rack on top of the tourpak?
You guys say it is only 2 parts to order, then there were 3 part numbers earlier...but then back to just 2...
Just want to get this all together so I can order my parts...

I installed the modules from Ride Time Technologies last weekend on my '13 SEUC. I used the Turn SE+ module and the FlashR2. Everything works exactly as you described, including the airwing light which I installed as well. The harnesses from RideTime were an easy install and the instructions that came with the kits were easier to understand than their website. Only gotcha I had, and it was noted on the instructions as a possibility, was that in the original connector that I removed wires from, the 2 pairs were opposite what was shown in the diagram so right turn signal would get a left signal on the tour pack, easy fix though, just moved the pins in the built up connector. A tip on the grommet, put a dab of dielectric grease on it and roll it in from one end around to the other, works like a charm.

http://ridetimetechnology.com/tp_seultra.htm
http://ridetimetechnology.com/flashr.htm

neil1b

Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »

New to the Forum but wanted to say this thread made the modification painless. 

Bought the Y-Harness and Module Harness (connector comes with module harness)
Swapped the outside ground pins
Wired the 6 pin connector color to color (with the exception of yellow going to red and nothing going to the blue.)

Works like a charm.

Thanks to everyone that helped with this post.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »

Those with the "short side" LED bar, are your side lights as turn signals flashing the same intensity as the brake light?

Best I can tell with my light bar is that the center light is dual intensity and the side lights are low intensity only.

I rode with someone this past weekend who added a tourpak to his Street Glide, the light bar appeared to be the same as mine, but his side lights flashed bright (he added the kit)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:39:23 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2013, 10:38:43 AM »

Those with the "short side" LED bar, a

This is what I am referring to when I say mine is "short side"
This kit has longer sides ahead of the LED which I'm guessing is to help hide the holes left by the incandescent light bar.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/led-king-tour-pak-brake-turn-tail-lamp-kit

MV 2013

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »

I used a kit from Ride Time Technologies to make my side lights act as turn signals. Easy install and perfect results.

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »

I used a kit from Ride Time Technologies to make my side lights act as turn signals. Easy install and perfect results.

Was this kit plug and play as their website states?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2013, 05:03:59 PM »

My query has to do with the side light intenisty. Mine seems to be only low, the bar I saw last weeknd was low-high intensity.

MV 2013

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2013, 02:03:25 AM »

Was this kit plug and play as their website states?

Yes, it was. Very easy to install.  I had the same reversal that TinSpinner mentioned in his July 9, 2013 post, but easy to fix.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

I just bought the 67931-11 LED wrap around light kit for my CVO Street Glide from a fellow forum member. Will it plug and play into existing wiring or will it require more parts?  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

b407driver

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »

It looks like Ride Time Technology is out of business. I want to convert my '12 CVO Ultra tour-pack lights to the brake/turn mode.....any suggestions as to who might make a kit for this?

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »

It looks like Ride Time Technology is out of business. I want to convert my '12 CVO Ultra tour-pack lights to the brake/turn mode.....any suggestions as to who might make a kit for this?

That's odd. The links listed above still go to the product page. I would call them before I ordered from the site though since the home page does indeed have a statement of them going out of business. I bet they still have some inventory if they didn't sell out the business completely.

b407driver

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2014, 11:12:42 AM »

That's odd. The links listed above still go to the product page. I would call them before I ordered from the site though since the home page does indeed have a statement of them going out of business. I bet they still have some inventory if they didn't sell out the business completely.

I called and sent an email. The owner (I assume) emailed me back and said they closed the business at the end of 2013. He did not offer or indicate he had any left for sale. I was surprised that the website was still up.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2014, 02:42:43 PM »

Go back a few pages in this thread and you will find the H-D part number for a similar kit.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 23 queries.