Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)  (Read 100214 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2014, 12:47:02 AM »

Go back a few pages in this thread and you will find the H-D part number for a similar kit.

If you find this kit can you link it Please?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Johnny Boy

• '11 CVO RG Ultra

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2014, 08:28:47 PM »

To anyone attempting to navigate this thread (2014.04.21):

After reviewing much of the 18 page thread 3+ year old thread  :), I just completed this install very successfully using the information / instructions from page 1 of this thread, ordering the HD parts as stated and downloading the HD instructions (as supplied by JDO). Also, used info in the quote below (from page 10) as a good guide.

Also attached a page from the HD Service Manual on how to the disassemble of the Molex MX 150 connector.

BTW, Ride Time Technologies has gone out of business late last year as their module is talked about a fair amount in this thread.   

Works like a charm...John

Quote from: Heatwave on July 23, 2011, 04:26:16 PM

I just installed JDO kit. Worked relatively easy once I understood how the y-adapter and HD module worked. Here's my simplified summary:

- Y-adapter goes under the seat. In my case I installed it BEFORE the Badlands Illuminator module I use with my LED Turn signals

- The HD module is installed inside the TP. I simply installed it with a little velcro in the rear left corner. The wires without the plug installed, enable you to slip the wire through the TP grommet hole before installing the plug. I simply wrapped the lose wire pins with electrical tape so I could slide them through the grommet. It's a tight fit but with some pushing and pulling the wire fits through nicely.

- Disconnect the plug at the rear of the TP that leads to the TP LED Light Bar. Take the factory plug that delivers the power to the LED bar and just lay it loosely in the bottom of the TP. It won't be used but someday you may want to go back to the factory setup.

- Take the plug on the wires coming from the LED bar, use a small needle nose plier and pull the white center forward till it clicks. It only moves a short distance. Then use a paperclip in the small holes for the wires that are being moved and push inward till the wire can be pulled out the backside of the plug. Here's where things were different for my bike. In earlier posts it was stated that by just swapping the outward black wires the blinkers would operate. Unfortunately the wrong side blinker would be activated by just swapping the black ground wires.

- I returned the ground wires to the factory position and swapped the outward 2 purple (power) wires. By just swapping the 2 outward power wires, my LED TP Turn signals worked perfect (although still no TP flasher capability).

- Now with the module's wiring lying under the seat, you need to install the plug. Relatively easy and just follow JDO's instruction. Plug the rest of your tail lighting into the y-adapter and your'll be ready to ride.

This is a nice addition and it's all entirely reversible with no wires being cut. Interestingly enough, you really don't even need to reverse the pins you changed on the LED Light Bar plug. Just plug it back into the original plug and it'll operate just as it did from the factory. All-in-all, this is a great little upgrade. Just a shame it didn't come this way from the factory.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:26:18 AM by skejoh01 »
CVO 1: 2011 FLHTRUSE
Fulsac 110 Sleeper Kit...otherwise pretty much stock

1968 Norton Commando (Under Construction) - the 1085th Commando built so an very early one

When life throws you a curve, lean into it

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:18 PM »

Wow! Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8

So these instructions along with part #69200042A will work in a FLHTUSE8 (2013)?  Im sorry for asking but this whole thread is very painful to me.  Thanks

After reviewing much of the 18 page thread 3+ year old thread  :), I just completed this install very successfully using the information / instructions from page 1 of this thread, ordering the HD parts as stated and downloading the HD instructions (as supplied by JDO). Also, used info in the quote below (from page 10) as a good guide.

Also attached a page from the HD Service Manual on how to the disassemble of the Molex MX 150 connector.

BTW, Ride Time Technologies has gone out of business late last year as their module is talked about a fair amount in this thread.   

I just installed JDO kit. Worked relatively easy once I understood how the y-adapter and HD module worked. Here's my simplified summary:

- Y-adapter goes under the seat. In my case I installed it BEFORE the Badlands Illuminator module I use with my LED Turn signals

- The HD module is installed inside the TP. I simply installed it with a little velcro in the rear left corner. The wires without the plug installed, enable you to slip the wire through the TP grommet hole before installing the plug. I simply wrapped the lose wire pins with electrical tape so I could slide them through the grommet. It's a tight fit but with some pushing and pulling the wire fits through nicely.

- Disconnect the plug at the rear of the TP that leads to the TP LED Light Bar. Take the factory plug that delivers the power to the LED bar and just lay it loosely in the bottom of the TP. It won't be used but someday you may want to go back to the factory setup.

- Take the plug on the wires coming from the LED bar, use a small needle nose plier and pull the white center forward till it clicks. It only moves a short distance. Then use a paperclip in the small holes for the wires that are being moved and push inward till the wire can be pulled out the backside of the plug. Here's where things were different for my bike. In earlier posts it was stated that by just swapping the outward black wires the blinkers would operate. Unfortunately the wrong side blinker would be activated by just swapping the black ground wires.

- I returned the ground wires to the factory position and swapped the outward 2 purple (power) wires. By just swapping the 2 outward power wires, my LED TP Turn signals worked perfect (although still no TP flasher capability).

- Now with the module's wiring lying under the seat, you need to install the plug. Relatively easy and just follow JDO's instruction. Plug the rest of your tail lighting into the y-adapter and your'll be ready to ride.

This is a nice addition and it's all entirely reversible with no wires being cut. Interestingly enough, you really don't even need to reverse the pins you changed on the LED Light Bar plug. Just plug it back into the original plug and it'll operate just as it did from the factory. All-in-all, this is a great little upgrade. Just a shame it didn't come this way from the factory.

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

Well I just tried  part #69200042A and I don't think it will work.  The LED bar has a red, purple, blk for the center brake led and the 2 outer running leds have purple and blk.  The harness has purple and blk but no red.  Plus the to outer leds would need a red wire installed.  Too much for me so maybe someone smarter can take a shot.   I think I wasted 60 bucks.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool

Well I just tried  part #69200042A and I don't think it will work.  The LED bar has a red, purple, blk for the center brake led and the 2 outer running leds have purple and blk.  The harness has purple and blk but no red.  Plus the to outer leds would need a red wire installed.  Too much for me so maybe someone smarter can take a shot.   I think I wasted 60 bucks.

Go back to reply #188. You don't need the 69200042A "kit" you only need P/N 69911-11(Module) and 70933-10(Y harness) and follow the instruction in that same reply and you should be all set.

On my 11.5 the "original" connector for the LED's had the red,white,blue,purple ect.. That connector is now just laying in the bottom of the TP unused
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:10:32 AM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

Here's a pic of the module:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)

Great to read my post from 3 years ago is still helping other riders looking to add turn signals to their tourpak!

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

Go back to reply #188. You don't need the 69200042A "kit" you only need P/N 69911-11(Module) and 70933-10(Y harness) and follow the instruction in that same reply and you should be all set.

On my 11.5 the "original" connector for the LED's had the red,white,blue,purple ect.. That connector is now just laying in the bottom of the TP unused

Isnt the "kit" the same as the 2 individual parts?

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

I'm not sure. I purchased the two parts separately.  The module was something like $55 and the "Y" harness was another $20. But either way the original plug for the tourpak lights, the one with the red, blue, white, purple and black wires is no longer used when you do this modification.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

I tried looking up the parts and couldnt find anything.  However the whole light kit 67931-11 has the harness I need.  Now to see what that part number is.  Or maybe I will have some bourbon and a cigar and just forget the whole thing. 

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

Didn't the instructions to the kit include a part list? The toughest part of the whole thing is taking apart the connections without breaking the things and maybe verifying which wires under the seat go to the left and right signals. Save the bourbon for after the job... it only took me about an hour from start to finish.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

Looks like the kit has the harness but not the correct module,  if I'm reading the description in the kit instructions correctly.  I would just see if the dealer would take the unused kit back - I know fat chance of a return on electrical parts -- then order the two parts that you need. Or if they won't let you return the kit, keep it and order the module and use the contents of the kit to wire it up. With the module, y harness and connections in that kit you'll have everything you need.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 22 queries.