Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)  (Read 101575 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2011, 10:12:02 AM »

last batch shipped and couple ready,,,jdo

JDO, need a little help with what might be a somewhat unique situation on my 2010 SEUC. First, my TP is detachable. Second, I'm already running Badlands RUN/BRAKE/TURN 8-pin Illuminator module with LED turn signals at all 4 corners. I would like to make my TP corner LEDs into RUN/TURN signals as well.

My TP is detachable with 5 plugs.
*Left & Right antenna connections that let me move the antennas from the TP down to Antenna connections between the saddlebags and spacers for riding without the TP. These are obviously not impacted.
*Left & Right Speaker connectors for disconnecting the rear speakers when the TP is removed, not impacted.
*And lastly, a single plug my dealer made that connects to enable the rear LED on the TP, the led lighting inside the TP, the left & right LEDs above the saddlebags and the 12v plug inside the TP.

Will your adapter be compatible with my setup? How will your adapter work with the Badlands module that I'm already using to convert my existing rear turn signals into LED RUN/BRAKE/TURN signals. Will the LEDs on the TP function the same as the existing rear LED turn signals. If your adapter would allow the LEDs on the TP to function exactly the same as my existing rear LEDs, please sign me up for an adapter today.

BTW, the Badlands module allows all of my exisiting LED turn signals to also function as 4-way flashers and they can be run with the engine on or off and can never overheat. It would be fantastic if the Badlands module could also be used with your adapter to enable the TP corner LEDs to also function as 4-way flashers.

Please let me know what you think is possible with my set-up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:18:00 AM by Heatwave »

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »

I also are running badlands module and the kit will work with y harness in front of badlands module and then you will also be able to unplug when tourpak removal only thing is you will have to take seat off to unplug . jdo

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »

I have to take the seat off whenever I detach or attach the TP so that's not an issue. So how would the Y-adapter work with my large gang plug I use for all the lighting & accessories on the TP. Why does the Y-adapter go in front of the Badlands module? If it goes after the BL module wouldn't I get the same RUN/BRAKE/TURN lighting that the rear turn signals currently have...or am I not understanding how our y-adapter works?

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »

The y adapter hooks to harness leading to tourpak module that makes run brake and turn on tour pack. jdo

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »

The y adapter hooks to harness leading to tourpak module that makes run brake and turn on tour pack. jdo

When the brakes are applied do the corner LEDs light up or do the only flash when the turn signal for that side is activated? I understand that the corner TP LEDS will not function as 4-way flashers but is there any impact on the lower turn signals performing as 4-way flashers when this y-adapter is installed?

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »

all 3 lights on tourpak light for brakes and lower turns 4 way flash video in earlier posting shows how they work.  jdo

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2011, 11:04:41 PM »

all 3 lights on tourpak light for brakes and lower turns 4 way flash video in earlier posting shows how they work.  jdo

So how do I order a JDO y-adapter kit for my 2010 SEUC?

blkout50

« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »

JDO,

I stumbled on to this thread by accident and I am interested in your kit. Is it possible to add your kit to my wife's Street Glide Trike. I added a King Tour-Pak with a 67914-10,Tour-Pak Wrap-Around LED Light Kit and 53149-99DH Color-Matched Tour-Pak Spoiler Kit?  

The ground and power for tail and stop lights are take from 3 wires at the accessory plug under the seat. Everything else in the Tour-Pak is the same.

I realize the wiring is different, but I think it is doable. I think I would have to do a little different Y-harness to tap into the turn signals in the Street Glide Trike. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
blkout50
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:17:50 AM by blkout50 »

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »

Harley Module Part # 69911-11 has 5 wires that are only identified by color and pin location. I listed below what each wire is for if anyone who wants to hard-wire the module or make their own t harness.

Pin 1 - BROWN (LEFT TURN)

Pin 2 - ORANGE / WHITE (RUNNING / PARKING)

Pin 3 - VIOLET (RIGHT TURN)

Pin 4 - BLACK (GROUND)

Pin 5 - YELLOW (STOP)

Pin 6 - vacant (NOT USED)

blkout50

« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »

Thanks copout !
That is a big help for me. With your information, I think I can make it work. I am going to our local stealership and order the module harness and enough pieces to make my own y-harness.

Thanks again!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »

I just installed JDO kit. Worked relatively easy once I understood how the y-adapter and HD module worked. Here's my simplified summary:

- Y-adapter goes under the seat. In my case I installed it BEFORE the Badlands Illuminator module I use with my LED Turn signals

- The HD module is installed inside the TP. I simply installed it with a little velcro in the rear left corner. The wires without the plug installed, enable you to slip the wire through the TP grommet hole before installing the plug. I simply wrapped the lose wire pins with electrical tape so I could slide them through the grommet. It's a tight fit but with some pushing and pulling the wire fits through nicely.

- Disconnect the plug at the rear of the TP that leads to the TP LED Light Bar. Take the factory plug that delivers the power to the LED bar and just lay it loosely in the bottom of the TP. It won't be used but someday you may want to go back to the factory setup.

- Take the plug on the wires coming from the LED bar, use a small needle nose plier and pull the white center forward till it clicks. It only moves a short distance. Then use a paperclip in the small holes for the wires that are being moved and push inward till the wire can be pulled out the backside of the plug. Here's where things were different for my bike. In earlier posts it was stated that by just swapping the outward black wires the blinkers would operate. Unfortunately the wrong side blinker would be activated by just swapping the black ground wires.

- I returned the ground wires to the factory position and swapped the outward 2 purple (power) wires. By just swapping the 2 outward power wires, my LED TP Turn signals worked perfect (although still no TP flasher capability).

- Now with the module's wiring lying under the seat, you need to install the plug. Relatively easy and just follow JDO's instruction. Plug the rest of your tail lighting into the y-adapter and your'll be ready to ride.

This is a nice addition and it's all entirely reversible with no wires being cut. Interestingly enough, you really don't even need to reverse the pins you changed on the LED Light Bar plug. Just plug it back into the original plug and it'll operate just as it did from the factory. All-in-all, this is a great little upgrade. Just a shame it didn't come this way from the factory.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:30:42 PM by Heatwave »

blkout50

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »

Ok, just discovered that you can buy the y-harness from Harley.  Had to order the module harness so I am not sure yet if the pin housing is required yet, but ordered it anyway.

69911-11 module harness
70933-10 Y-harness from kit 69200042A
73106-96Bk Pin Housing, six-way,  single row

Hope this helps the DIYers
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:35:31 PM by blkout50 »

blkout50

« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

Forgot to add the current msrp prices. If you order from Chicago HD or Surdyke.com expect 10% -20% Savings. I paid roughly $70 plus shipping.  ALL PLUG - N - PLAY!

69911-11 module harness $64.95
70933-10 Y-harness $20.00
73106-96bk housing $1.75

All that is left is to follow the instructions for 67931-11 & 67932, Tour pak wrap around LED lights. See reply #23 of this thread to download the instructions.

hth

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:33:43 PM by blkout50 »

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »

Thanks copout !
That is a big help for me. With your information, I think I can make it work. I am going to our local stealership and order the module harness and enough pieces to make my own y-harness.

Thanks again!

NP. It's a fairly straightforward install and well worth the money  ;D

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »

I just installed JDO kit. Worked relatively easy once I understood how the y-adapter and HD module worked. Here's my simplified summary:

- Y-adapter goes under the seat. In my case I installed it BEFORE the Badlands Illuminator module I use with my LED Turn signals

- The HD module is installed inside the TP. I simply installed it with a little velcro in the rear left corner. The wires without the plug installed, enable you to slip the wire through the TP grommet hole before installing the plug. I simply wrapped the lose wire pins with electrical tape so I could slide them through the grommet. It's a tight fit but with some pushing and pulling the wire fits through nicely.

- Disconnect the plug at the rear of the TP that leads to the TP LED Light Bar. Take the factory plug that delivers the power to the LED bar and just lay it loosely in the bottom of the TP. It won't be used but someday you may want to go back to the factory setup.

- Take the plug on the wires coming from the LED bar, use a small needle nose plier and pull the white center forward till it clicks. It only moves a short distance. Then use a paperclip in the small holes for the wires that are being moved and push inward till the wire can be pulled out the backside of the plug. Here's where things were different for my bike. In earlier posts it was stated that by just swapping the outward black wires the blinkers would operate. Unfortunately the wrong side blinker would be activated by just swapping the black ground wires.

- I returned the ground wires to the factory position and swapped the outward 2 purple (power) wires. By just swapping the 2 outward power wires, my LED TP Turn signals worked perfect (although still no TP flasher capability).

- Now with the module's wiring lying under the seat, you need to install the plug. Relatively easy and just follow JDO's instruction. Plug the rest of your tail lighting into the y-adapter and your'll be ready to ride.

This is a nice addition and it's all entirely reversible with no wires being cut. Interestingly enough, you really don't even need to reverse the pins you changed on the LED Light Bar plug. Just plug it back into the original plug and it'll operate just as it did from the factory. All-in-all, this is a great little upgrade. Just a shame it didn't come this way from the factory.

Have you noticed if your rear turn signals ALTERNATE (between the TP and stock turns) when the brake is applied while using your Badlands module ? It seems that the rear turn signals on the tour-pack and stock bar don't flash together if using any kind of module that converts the stock turns into running, brake, and turn. They will flash together if the brake is not applied but when you apply the brake they start to alternate. That was driving me nuts so I took the turn signal conversion module off and left the tour-pack module hooked up.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.