Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)  (Read 101552 times)

marksnc

Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »

Do you have anymore kits?  If so please PM me.

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »

X2

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2011, 10:46:08 PM »

I've read the entire thread and still have a question.

I have a 2011 FLHXSE2.  Added a king tour pack and am in the process of adding extra lighting.

I recently purchased the 67931-11 smoked rear led unit and it came with the 69911-11 module harness and a Y harness (not sold separately).

Instructions say to connect the y harnes under the seat, but I don't see the same connector there.  The only harness under the seat for the rear lighting is a 8 pin molex connector.

Am I missing something?

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »

JDO sent you an email
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »

JDO sent you an email

If you were referring to me, I never received anything.

I ended up building my own Y connector and figuring it out myself.

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »

No I was trying to reach JDO if he's still around
I bought a kit a while back and a friend wants one
his wife wants to get it for him for Xmas

Anyone know if he's still making the kits ?
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »

No I was trying to reach JDO if he's still around
I bought a kit a while back and a friend wants one
his wife wants to get it for him for Xmas

Anyone know if he's still making the kits ?

I sent him a pm and he suggested getting parts from HD, which I did and have since installed. Parts are available from HD and part numbers have been posted several times.  I think the two parts you need are around $75.00 or there about

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »

look on first page harley started making y-link and I posted needed info on first posts. jdo

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »

69911-11 and 70933-10  are the only two parts needed now?

I took some time to clean up the instructions (hope I got them correct)
and post at the end of this thread in case someone needs them.

HD now has the parts you can buy direct from the dealer to do this mod. I took JDO’s change to the first post and copied it to  the last post, as many won’t go back to page 1 on a 13-page thread.

So here are the instructions if you want to do this,

Part numbers from HD: 1 Each  69911-11 and 70933-10

Instructions:    1 through 3 posted below.

TOOLS NEEDED: 1) Small needle nose pliers, 2)Very small tool IE: small drill bit, paperclip, Jewelers flat screwdriver, 3) Black electrical tape, 4) Wire ties. 5) Digital (or non digital) multi-meter

1) Remove Seat, Tourpack liner.                  

2) Tail Light Harness plug (read before disconnecting): In the Rear of Tourpack, this connector has 7 wires, colors are black, violet and blue.  

This is the plug you MAY have to realign the wires in to get the proper lamp to signal.  Emphasis on MAY as you need to understand the stock side LED panels that you are going to make into Turn Signals are simply running lights to the factory.  It doesn’t matter which pair of wires (power and ground) the installer runs to the left or right panel as all they care about is getting power to the panels for light.  Therefore it’s possible the wires for each light are in the correct position to convert them to the correct turn signal (it’s also possible they are not in the correct (Left or Right) position.  If they are in the correct position you will not need to move any wires, however it’s also possible you have to move a few wires. In other words, Test it first.

I find it’s best to first use a digital multi meter and test the connections coming off the harness BEFORE you disconnect  to determine which wires run which lamp.  You need to determine what pair runs a specific light. Before going to step 3, check the pairs, if they are already in the correct position leave them alone, skip steps 3 and 4. However if they are not in the right position you will need to move a pair to get the turn signals on the correct side.  

3) Disassemble the tail light plug:  Using the Needle nose pliers,  grab the center pen retainer clip and pull straight out of the inside of the plug.  

4) Remove Pins:  Use a small drill bit or jewelers screwdriver and gently release the retaining clip in the center next to the pin you wish to remove.  When you do this pull down gently on the corresponding wire and it will move far enough to get the pins retaining edge past the retaining clip in the housing.  Do this for each wire you need to move.  Pull wire through rubber orange retainer.  DO NOT BEND the clips too far, just a little movement is all that is necessary.

5) Move one wire color set at a time, that way it’s easier to remember
where the wires go. You can remove the pair, and then mark them (L) (R) (C) so you can re-position properly. Generally you should be just moving the R and L not the center.  When you push the wire back through the orange rubber retainer it will slide into position, you should hear it click into place but not always, just make sure it is properly in line and the retainer in position.

HARLEY PAGE 2-5   THE PICTURE OF PLUG IS FROM REAR.

6) Feed the Module wires through hole in tour pack  run the module on the left side of the tour pack and you can put module in the bump in corner of liner.  Use some industrial Velcro to secure module to wall if you like.

7 )Y Harness:  Take connector and wires with pins from module you ran though the tour pack and apart and match wire colors to the Y wire connector (except yellow to red, white to blue or no wire)                

8 ) Install Y harness position wiring to Tourpack, using zip tie to attach to tour pack mount.

9)Test then when confirm working wire tie in place,
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:00:46 PM by hotroadking »

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »

Thanks to all involved for the update to this mod. Will be getting the 2 parts needed for my 2011.5 SEUC. Looking forward to getting this done!
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »

69911-11 and 70933-10  are the only two parts needed now?

I took some time to clean up the instructions (hope I got them correct)
and post at the end of this thread in case someone needs them.

HD now has the parts you can buy direct from the dealer to do this mod. I took JDO’s change to the first post and copied it to  the last post, as many won’t go back to page 1 on a 13-page thread.

So here are the instructions if you want to do this,

Part numbers from HD: 1 Each  69911-11 and 70933-10

Instructions:    1 through 3 posted below.

TOOLS NEEDED: 1) Small needle nose pliers, 2)Very small tool IE: small drill bit, paperclip, Jewelers flat screwdriver, 3) Black electrical tape, 4) Wire ties. 5) Digital (or non digital) multi-meter

1) Remove Seat, Tourpack liner.                  

2) Tail Light Harness plug (read before disconnecting): In the Rear of Tourpack, this connector has 7 wires, colors are black, violet and blue.  

This is the plug you MAY have to realign the wires in to get the proper lamp to signal.  Emphasis on MAY as you need to understand the stock side LED panels that you are going to make into Turn Signals are simply running lights to the factory.  It doesn’t matter which pair of wires (power and ground) the installer runs to the left or right panel as all they care about is getting power to the panels for light.  Therefore it’s possible the wires for each light are in the correct position to convert them to the correct turn signal (it’s also possible they are not in the correct (Left or Right) position.  If they are in the correct position you will not need to move any wires, however it’s also possible you have to move a few wires. In other words, Test it first.

I find it’s best to first use a digital multi meter and test the connections coming off the harness BEFORE you disconnect  to determine which wires run which lamp.  You need to determine what pair runs a specific light. Before going to step 3, check the pairs, if they are already in the correct position leave them alone, skip steps 3 and 4. However if they are not in the right position you will need to move a pair to get the turn signals on the correct side.  

3) Disassemble the tail light plug:  Using the Needle nose pliers,  grab the center pen retainer clip and pull straight out of the inside of the plug.  

4) Remove Pins:  Use a small drill bit or jewelers screwdriver and gently release the retaining clip in the center next to the pin you wish to remove.  When you do this pull down gently on the corresponding wire and it will move far enough to get the pins retaining edge past the retaining clip in the housing.  Do this for each wire you need to move.  Pull wire through rubber orange retainer.  DO NOT BEND the clips too far, just a little movement is all that is necessary.

5) Move one wire color set at a time, that way it’s easier to remember
where the wires go. You can remove the pair, and then mark them (L) (R) (C) so you can re-position properly. Generally you should be just moving the R and L not the center.  When you push the wire back through the orange rubber retainer it will slide into position, you should hear it click into place but not always, just make sure it is properly in line and the retainer in position.

HARLEY PAGE 2-5   THE PICTURE OF PLUG IS FROM REAR.

6) Feed the Module wires through hole in tour pack  run the module on the left side of the tour pack and you can put module in the bump in corner of liner.  Use some industrial Velcro to secure module to wall if you like.

7 )Y Harness:  Take connector and wires with pins from module you ran though the tour pack and apart and match wire colors to the Y wire connector (except yellow to red, white to blue or no wire)                

8 ) Install Y harness position wiring to Tourpack, using zip tie to attach to tour pack mount.

9)Test then when confirm working wire tie in place,

Great instructions, did mine about two months ago and love it.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »

just finished mine  thanks for the write up
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #192 on: December 25, 2011, 11:06:42 PM »

Buddy just got the parts for xmas and
found out we had a problem with the parts

When plugged in it runs both side panel LEDs
at the same time no matter what side you select right or left

Moved the Y harness from mine which works
to his bike and it does the same, also his Y works
on mine which means it has to be the module part
sucks that the factory doesn't test these things
you can hear the module clicking and running both
lights. 

now he has to get that part replaced
however I went ahead and determined L
and R pairs and moved them to the correct
position.

One other thing to add, when you are aligning
the pins Brown is Right, Violet is Left.

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #193 on: December 26, 2011, 06:22:37 AM »

Buddy just got the parts for xmas and
found out we had a problem with the parts

When plugged in it runs both side panel LEDs
at the same time no matter what side you select right or left

Moved the Y harness from mine which works
to his bike and it does the same, also his Y works
on mine which means it has to be the module part
sucks that the factory doesn't test these things
you can hear the module clicking and running both
lights.  

now he has to get that part replaced
however I went ahead and determined L
and R pairs and moved them to the correct
position.

One other thing to add, when you are aligning
the pins Brown is Right, Violet is Left.
ok
i just finished mine this week   i read the directions and they said that i might not need to move my wires so i pluged it all in and tested and it did the same thing you are talking about  so  i went back to page 1 and read again then page 2 is where all the wires come out of plug and get installed as the same as page 2 i also had to buy a load equelizer for mine but that was because of other upgrades
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:25:48 AM by gabe »
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »

Just looked at all 13 pages here - did I miss how the side lights are getting an increased brightness?
I did read somewhere here that the leads were reversed to get the brighter light, but LED's don't work that way, so is there actually a second set of LED's in the strip?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Page created in 0.981 seconds with 22 queries.