Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need Taller Handlebars--What Fits ?  (Read 5346 times)

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
Need Taller Handlebars--What Fits ?
« on: August 16, 2010, 03:27:41 AM »

I'd like to have taller bars so I don't have to stretch so far forward to reach the grips and to sit up more straight. Problem is that I can't find a bar to fit;biggest problem is the tachometer mounted between the risers. Anybody done this or know where I can find a good fit ? My dealer has been looking for two months and can't find any ! All he has is a "Chubby" bar that is 12 to 15 inches high,that is way too tall, maybe about 7 to 9 inches would be O.K. .

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
Re: Need Taller Handlebars--What Fits ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »

It took a while but I did find THE solution ! :bananarock: :yes:  :idea2: :multi:

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »

Are you gonna share?  Been looking for some time.  Problem finding handle bars that'll fit the SE seems to be with the hydraulic clutch... so I'm told.

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 02:39:12 AM »

Installed 2008 Dyna Wide Glide 1 1/4 " bars W/ all new cables---perfect fit and feels good ! :2vrolijk_21:

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 03:59:09 PM »

:worthless:

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »

Need to get my friend W/his camera over ! Pics will follow soon ! :-[

YellowJacketRider

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »

I'd like to have taller bars so I don't have to stretch so far forward to reach the grips and to sit up more straight. Problem is that I can't find a bar to fit;biggest problem is the tachometer mounted between the risers. Anybody done this or know where I can find a good fit ? My dealer has been looking for two months and can't find any ! All he has is a "Chubby" bar that is 12 to 15 inches high,that is way too tall, maybe about 7 to 9 inches would be O.K. .

Hi Tabatha,
I am new to this forum, noticed you Fat Bob pic in another post.  It looks like you have some kind of oil-cooler kit on the bike mounted on the engine frame bars.  I have just purchased a new Yellow Fat Bob 110 and want to install some kind of oil-cooler kit but I do not want to put the HD model as it requires that I take off the custom spoiler cover.  Can you show a better pic your cooler kit and tell me more about what model it is.
Thanks,
Rick :)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »

Hey Tabatha, get with it. We need answers to these questions.
 Gary

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 03:25:40 AM »

Hi Tabatha,
I am new to this forum, noticed you Fat Bob pic in another post.  It looks like you have some kind of oil-cooler kit on the bike mounted on the engine frame bars.  I have just purchased a new Yellow Fat Bob 110 and want to install some kind of oil-cooler kit but I do not want to put the HD model as it requires that I take off the custom spoiler cover.  Can you show a better pic your cooler kit and tell me more about what model it is.
Thanks,
Rick :)
Twin (2) Jagg oil coolers---Google ,JAGG OIL COOLERS---They work better than the H.D. coolers and are more directly in the air flow. Very easy to install also , no modifications necessary, just bolt things in place ! Decreased my oil temp. approx. 30 degrees !
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:29:04 AM by Tabatha »

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 03:33:00 AM »

One more view of the coolers :

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 03:47:22 AM »

One final pic. :  Dyno for this bike----

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 10:45:49 AM »

Very Nice Bike. My question is what is the thing on the bottom  in front of the frame and motor mount. it appears to to have a cover on it? Very good HP/TQ numbers. It must be a blast to ride!
Ltank

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 08:09:37 PM »

Tabatha, how about that pic of your new handle bars. I've looked high and low for aftermarket bars for my FXDFSE and have found nothing at all. Everyone I've talked to says the 08 wide glide bars won't work as there is no dimple to accommodate the hydraulic clutch reservoir.  As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Post a pic please. Thanks.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.