Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Short but sweet!  (Read 1062 times)

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
Short but sweet!
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »

After getting my orange/black FLSTSE 4th of July weekend I put almost 3000 miles on it in less than 6 weeks.  Loved every minute of it.  When I saw the 11's come out I thought "uh-oh" ... When I saw the new CVO brochure it got worse.  While I probably get 0 points for sanity I'm absolutely in love with my new toy - an '11 SESG in black diamond.

Is it better?  Worse?  No ... it's different.  I decided I wanted some of the features, and at 6'3 never got the fit quite right- and didn't like the number of mods it felt like it'd take to get me there.  I don't do long distance touring (yet??) but a 2-300 mile day was just a little too tiring for me on the softail.  At the same time no bike attracted more attention, or felt more "authentic" and I do miss sitting "in" the bike.  I wish I could have kept them both, but I'm the only one here who rides and I just couldn't justify that much $$ sitting in the garage, especially in new england where we can't really ride 365.

I'll post in selling, but if anyone is looking for a mustache bar, the digital oil temp gauge, or a king size detachable windshield that has exactly 102 miles on it let me know. 

I look forward to following both boards!
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Short but sweet!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:00:49 PM »

Well, unfortunately for our pocketbooks, that is what keeps the MoCo coming up with new ideas and looks and us continueing to salivate and take on 3 jobs to finance our "habits", investing in what trips our triggers.  You will enjoy the SESG (I rode the convertible and the roadglide at Sturgis but didn't decide to ride the SESG until Sat. morning on my way out of town and then realized they were all packed up and gone, much to my dismay.  After riding one of them last year, they are smoooooooth, to say the least.  But if they sound like the roadglide, it just didn't get my blood boiling like the stock convertible does.  So, I'm waiting for my new '11 to arrive.......

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.