Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: TTS or Thundermax?  (Read 34154 times)

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
TTS or Thundermax?
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »

Ok here I am, about 3 days from my "window for ordering" from JP Cycles, and I still haven't made up my mind. One thing I have decided is I'm gonna order the tuner and start out with my Stock setup. (2010 FLSTSE) I've been doing my reading homework and correct me if I'm wrong, TTS users, I would begin with either PQ 176-002 or MV 176-002 calibration maps. Or possibly one of you fine gentlemen have a map I could start with?
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

Re: TTS or Thundermax?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:08:11 PM »

Initially, my goal would be just to lower the temperature. I'm sorry but that 110 cu. In. Just runs too hot for my liking, in our 103 degree Texas heat. Then I've gotta decide just how fast I wanna go. Do I go with the all out Muscle-Bike? ( 2 into 1 race pipes & A/C ). Or something more stylish. ( 2 into 2 RAD dials ). Cause this is what I do. I am fortunate enough to have a good job that allows me to vacation trip alot!
    The one thing that I've left out.... I've already drilled and punched out the honeycomb lookin 'thingamajiggers' in my baffles. My buddies couldn't hear my bike and it scared them.
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »

IMHO it would be a harder choice if you asked TTS or SEPST, but given the choices you have stated... TTS Mastertune is an absolute no brainer. I'd be surprised... no shocked if you heard anything else here.

BTW... WHAT OTHER MODS ARE YOU DOING
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »

I had to trade my FLHTCU in to get the SE. For now the SE is gonna be my road bike so it's gotta stay reliable till I get another FLH. I'm thinking D&D 2 into 1 and a Hypercharger for now. Keep it simple. Although there's some things I don't like about the Fat Cats. I'm not real sure about the ground clearance. ( I like the Twisties )  :orange:
   But after I get me another road bike. I can see myself going deeper into this with Pistons, Cams, Maybe a            ( Thrill button ) with laughing gas. Make a toy out of it.  :P  Like my old Shovel, I got so much tied up in that one, I can't back out of it now. I really believe that the Convertible is gonna be a collector some day. Like havin' an old Vet in the garage. "Only out on sunny Sunday afternoons."

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 11:03:58 PM »

TTS all the way........

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 05:45:15 AM »

I have been running the Thundermax with Auto Tune for well over a year and really like, You can feel and hear it make the changes that are needed and it cooled the bike down quite a bit which is what i was after more than anything.

My vote is the TM but its like oil and tires, Everyone likes something different.  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

heatseeker

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 10 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 02 ultra (sold)
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »

I would have to say that the tts is much better and tune it yourself.
Fullsac B X-Pipe
2.5" Power Cores
TTS mastertune
Fullsac map
8" Clearview shield
14" Wild 1 Reapers

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 05:06:47 AM »

You can tune the Thunder Max yourself also.
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 10:06:22 AM »

I have a ThunderMax on a FLSTSE and I'm very happy with it. I don't have any good tuners around here, so I do it myself. The base maps that come with the software are a good starting point. The autotune takes over from there. It does not, however adjust the timing automatically, only the AFR. I plan on putting in a Feuling 574 cam soon and like the fact that I can make changes myself. I've never used the TTS, but the guys on this board swear by it also. The Tmax is more expensive too. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. Good luck. BTW, my bike runs a lot cooler since I changed the tune and mufflers.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 10:32:57 PM »

TTS also    btw when i called D&D  they read me the disclaimer on the fatcat for our bikes  said  pipes  are going scrape the ground due to the low clearance  of the flstse if your looking for a good 2into1  pipe hands down vance and hines pro pipe #17547 msrp599.00   fits great on the convertible  and  the chrome is good
now there a 2nd choice  from i have seen in parts book the 07-10 softail hertitage  has the same  headpipe intermedite pipe as our convertible  so just maybe  thunder header's p#1057 and 1127 heatshields  will work however i would be worried  about ground clearance also
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 10:41:04 PM »

Thanks everyone,
I went with TTS Mastertune and D&D Boarzilla 2 into 1 mainly because of the Upswept pipe for cornering. I think it'll work. I very seldom use the bags anyway. But if it's a problem, I'll try to build a heatshield for the back corner of the right saddlebag.
               Thanks again for your opinions.  :P

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »

Thanks everyone,
I went with TTS Mastertune and D&D Boarzilla 2 into 1 mainly because of the Upswept pipe for cornering. I think it'll work. I very seldom use the bags anyway. But if it's a problem, I'll try to build a heatshield for the back corner of the right saddlebag.
               Thanks again for your opinions.  :P

Good choice..One of the issues I had with a T-MAX is if you are on the road and have a problem, the could use that as a reason not to look at it ....Just sayin..     
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 04:14:25 AM »

Wise choice!
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »

Good choice..One of the issues I had with a T-MAX is if you are on the road and have a problem, the could use that as a reason not to look at it ....Just sayin..     

Thats why i take the Power Commander with me when i'm on the road.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.