Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: stock look pipes BUT quiet?!  (Read 12969 times)

AussieEagle

Re: stock look pipes BUT quiet?!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 02:23:11 AM »

Mate I've used a few different slipons previously, for the new FatBob I installed yesterday the Cycle Shack 4" Oval slip on.
It MIGHT be a touch loud for you don't know, but no louder than S&S and so on.

I will say this, suits the bike really well, has a deeper note than I was expecting, sounds pretty damn good at idle too.
Other plus is, being slip on you keep you Tommy Gun style original pipes and the whole thing looks OEM, but sounds like a Harley!!

Find/read my post on this pipe.

dolaman

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 02:13:38 PM »

I'm using blunt revolvers which are strictly middle of the road. Did notice less heat after i installed a thundermax ecm. Big difference overall.

apartaapee

• CVO Fat Bob 2009
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 02:18:22 AM »

AussieEagle,

Like allways,

:worthless:

Post a pic. Wanna see them.

-aapee-

Mate I've used a few different slipons previously, for the new FatBob I installed yesterday the Cycle Shack 4" Oval slip on.
It MIGHT be a touch loud for you don't know, but no louder than S&S and so on.

I will say this, suits the bike really well, has a deeper note than I was expecting, sounds pretty damn good at idle too.
Other plus is, being slip on you keep you Tommy Gun style original pipes and the whole thing looks OEM, but sounds like a Harley!!

Find/read my post on this pipe.
-aapee-

Screamin' Eagle Mufflers
Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner (Smart Tune)

rcodea

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 07:49:21 PM »

this is what i will be going with for my fat bob. i have ordered both the 15" and 17" baffles so we will see which ones work out.

more to come this week

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/315001-ultimate-street-bob-muffler-mod.html

i picked up a stock fxdf exhaust, cut out the cat, coated with ceramic and am just waiting on the baffles to arrive this week. more to come.

~Ryan

Taz01

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »

Still is going to be hot due to the cat in the stock pipes.

rcodea

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »

The only cat is in the head pipe, which I removed, and covered the whole head pipe with ceramic

Taz01

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 06:21:59 PM »

Where did you get the ceramic coating put on at?

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 04:09:50 AM »

Why not just use the 1 1/2 inch Rush baffles ? They work well and are very quiet !
They merely bolt in !

rcodea

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 01:01:29 PM »

I got the coating at a local powder coating business.

in my research for the right baffle that would fit, I was told by rush that their baffles are made specifically for their slip-ons and will not work in the stock cans...I would have gone with the 1.75 baffle though. Have you used the rush baffles in the stock cans?

~Ryan

rcodea

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/315001-ultimate-street-bob-muffler-mod.html

i used the thread identified above to modify a set of stock fxdf (fat bob) mufflers. the baffle i used was a longer version of the same baffle as discribed earlier in that threat, and used the 1 7/8ID to 1 7/8OD transitions from a local auto parts store.

I ordered my baffles from Dennis Dirk.com, part number 4403295; "Baffles for H-D Screaming Eagle - 1 7/8 in. x 17 5/8 in."

i took this a step further and removed the cat from the headpipe, and coated the headpipe with flat black ceramic at my local powder coater.

sounds great! very deep idle sound, and cruising volume is very reasonable. i am extremely pleased!

Dyno numbers show 112ft-lbs and 90hp...with 100ft-lbs from 2800-4700rpm with peak at 3700rpm. will upload dyno graph when i get the opertunity.

~Ryan
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.