Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: New Harley LED headlights  (Read 47360 times)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
Re: New Harley LED headlights
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 10:32:54 AM »

Sorry I do not have pictures... and I know that is a pain   :nixweiss: ... however, I did install the new Harley LED lights on my CVO Convertible. I went from the stock bulb that was original equipment and found it was not near enough light.  :( Went to the HD upgraded bulb and it was much better, however, I wanted more and a concentrated pattern.  :-\ I then went to the PIAA bulb that was, I believe the 100/110 watt.   ;D Great light but the pattern was all over the place. Sure was visible going down the road though it still did not have the concentrated pattern I was looking for. ;D ;D Finally pulled the trigger on the new Harley LED... it has everything I was looking for.  :orange: Awesome pattern, brighter cleaner light, and I could actually see down the road. Much wider pattern that covers all angles and a concentrated beam way out front. I highly recommend it.   :coolblue: Expensive... but sure makes riding at night a lot easier!
:thumbsup: I figured that you would like it a lot. Ive seen some of the streetlights that have been installed in Seattle as test lights. walking from an area that has a halogin to the LED lite area is kind of eerie, but the after you get over that the light color is almost daylight. Expensive, yes but its made to plug in with no problems i take it.
TJ

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 12:29:01 AM »

Sorry I do not have pictures... and I know that is a pain   :nixweiss: ... however, I did install the new Harley LED lights on my CVO Convertible. I went from the stock bulb that was original equipment and found it was not near enough light.  :( Went to the HD upgraded bulb and it was much better, however, I wanted more and a concentrated pattern.  :-\ I then went to the PIAA bulb that was, I believe the 100/110 watt.   ;D Great light but the pattern was all over the place. Sure was visible going down the road though it still did not have the concentrated pattern I was looking for. ;D ;D Finally pulled the trigger on the new Harley LED... it has everything I was looking for.  :orange: Awesome pattern, brighter cleaner light, and I could actually see down the road. Much wider pattern that covers all angles and a concentrated beam way out front. I highly recommend it.   :coolblue: Expensive... but sure makes riding at night a lot easier!

HUH?   :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:00:37 AM by 49445CVO »
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

jaymedic44

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO limited silver/ autumn

• CVO1: 2009 Cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 2006 cvo ultra
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO limited
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 12:46:24 PM »

I just installed the new LED passing lights. Very white and bright.  Also stupidly expensive!! My Harley LED headlight will be in this week. Also over priced but what the hell. I also just installed Motolights on the calipers. I have been riding Harleys for 40 years and I will never own one again without Motolights!! These things are amazing. I got the 50 watt bulbs and you can see me coming from a half mile away!!  I also just ordered a Bright ass tail light. 
2014 CVO limited silver/autumn
2009 Cvo ULTRA 21 inch Pm wheels legend air ride progressive monotubs Fulsac exhaust
2006 Cvo ULTRA Autum Haze
2005 Heritage Softail World of wheels show bike
2004 Ultra Gold/Black
2003 Road King  Black/Silver
1999 Ultra Blue/Silver
1998 Road king Red/ Gold
1996 springer Custom
1974 Sportster

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »

I was at the local dealership and the parts counter girl said she was surprised at how well they are selling considering the price. She is the person who first pointed it out to me, when I asked about HID lighting. She did say they looked ugly and they were too expensive.

She said the dealership has sold 5 headlights since the new catalog came out......all to baggers.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »

LED headlights and passing lights are on backorder.
 :(

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »

LED headlights and passing lights are on backorder.
 :(
Sounds as if they were 'hedging their bets' on those when they printed the catalog.  :oops: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 02:09:10 PM »

Sorry I do not have pictures... and I know that is a pain   :nixweiss: ... however, I did install the new Harley LED lights on my CVO Convertible. I went from the stock bulb that was original equipment and found it was not near enough light.  :( Went to the HD upgraded bulb and it was much better, however, I wanted more and a concentrated pattern.  :-\ I then went to the PIAA bulb that was, I believe the 100/110 watt.   ;D Great light but the pattern was all over the place. Sure was visible going down the road though it still did not have the concentrated pattern I was looking for. ;D ;D Finally pulled the trigger on the new Harley LED... it has everything I was looking for.  :orange: Awesome pattern, brighter cleaner light, and I could actually see down the road. Much wider pattern that covers all angles and a concentrated beam way out front. I highly recommend it.   :coolblue: Expensive... but sure makes riding at night a lot easier!

Trent,

How does it look on the ConV? I have the same ride and I am ready to pull the trigger on this one but I am worried that it might make the already small headlight look even smaller. I think the 5 3/4" headlight is already a bit to small for the scale of the hertitage styled font end of this bike. A pic would really help here if you get the chance.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

ridgerunner58

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 06:47:13 AM »

I put a set (all 3 lights) on my 2011 CVO Street Glide. They are definitely an improvement in terms of brightness and color. The most noticeable difference is that there is a distinct crisp edge to the lighted area. Riding behind a VW Beetle the entire rear of the car below the back window was lighted, the rear window had no light on it at all.
Distance is not much different, but clarity of what is lighted is a lot different. I did not have ongoing drivers flashing high beams at me, so they are apparently not blinding which is a good thing.
Are they worth $1,000?  I suppose that's a question each individual will have to answer for themselves. I'm impressed enough that I'm thinking of putting a set on my '06 Street Glide too.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2010, 08:55:06 AM »

I put a set (all 3 lights) on my 2011 CVO Street Glide. They are definitely an improvement in terms of brightness and color. The most noticeable difference is that there is a distinct crisp edge to the lighted area. Riding behind a VW Beetle the entire rear of the car below the back window was lighted, the rear window had no light on it at all.
Distance is not much different, but clarity of what is lighted is a lot different. I did not have ongoing drivers flashing high beams at me, so they are apparently not blinding which is a good thing.
Are they worth $1,000?  I suppose that's a question each individual will have to answer for themselves. I'm impressed enough that I'm thinking of putting a set on my '06 Street Glide too.
:worthless:
 :worthless:
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »

Just bought a set at SMHD in Marysville TN.  Will install this afternoon in MV!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »

Can anybody give me the HD part number for the LED headlight. or a link to the new catalogue will do.
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 04:29:31 PM »

Can anybody give me the HD part number for the LED headlight. or a link to the new catalogue will do.

7" HEADLIGHT:   73390-10
AUX LIGHTS:     73396-10

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »

Any pictures of the new LED Headlight.
Someone mentioned it as ugly, could that be,--
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 04:51:52 PM »

Any pictures of the new LED Headlight.
Someone mentioned it as ugly, could that be,--

I'm going to install mine tonight and will post pics tomorrow.  I think they look good!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:33:40 PM by 07hd110 »

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »

I'm going to install mine tonight and will post pics tomorrow.  I think the look good!

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.