Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Good Pictures Of The New SEURG Windshield???  (Read 8725 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Good Pictures Of The New SEURG Windshield???
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »

New shield is much, much better! Absolutely no wobble at idle and I baaaaarely notice it is any higher. Almost no buffeting now (200 miles on the interstate yesterday). I am at work and have no pics here but wanted to get back on my ride with the new shield. Doesn't look much different than the stock one other than much thicker and solid. Nice quality as always from Clearview.

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »

Rob,
which shield did you purchase from clearview?
If you can post a few pictures I would really appreciate it.
Note: I purchased & installed a windvest (12" I think) prior to a NewEngland area trip with the standard roadglide windshield gasket (per their directions)and the contour of the lower part of the winshield did not match the contour of the fairing where they meet (very noticeable gaps 3/8" + on both side of the center hump) took it off prior to leaving and reinstalled the OEM shield. Contacted Windvest and explained, they said to return for full refund including return shipping, very nice people to deal with.

Thanks

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 09:01:09 AM »

Rob,
which shield did you purchase from clearview?
If you can post a few pictures I would really appreciate it.
Note: I purchased & installed a windvest (12" I think) prior to a NewEngland area trip with the standard roadglide windshield gasket (per their directions)and the contour of the lower part of the winshield did not match the contour of the fairing where they meet (very noticeable gaps 3/8" + on both side of the center hump) took it off prior to leaving and reinstalled the OEM shield. Contacted Windvest and explained, they said to return for full refund including return shipping, very nice people to deal with.

Thanks

Just their standard stock 12 1/2" shield. I was able to get my wife's input yesterday. We rode down to Mikers on the turnpike and she said not much difference to her than the stock. Still gets some good wind in her ears (left one in particular). Could have been the wind as the tropical storm was nearby. We will get some more input today as we are heading on down to Key West. My pics are at home on my other computer. I will see if I can snap a couple with my phone and figure out how to load them with this iPad.

As I mentioned before, I myself really like this shield. I am hoping today will bring better results for her. If not I may be looking at trying that one from Kuryakin.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 08:49:57 PM »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »

Since my pic sharing website uses flash and the iPad doesn't I am using my phone to log on to the site, download the pics to share, copy the URL location, then coming back here to paste...all on that tiny phone and as most of you can probably attest to.... the ole eyes ain't what they used to be! So if you have any questions just ask.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:01:06 AM by Robmay »

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 10:47:14 AM »

Thanks for the pictures.
I have owned a few Clearview Shields(GT Small, Stock and Large sizes), and can personally say they are excellent windshields and people to deal with, I had their shields on my 05 and 07 roadglides. I've been having recent conversations with them regarding a custom height shield and was leery on the fitment against the fairing, especially after I tried the Windvest. It looks like the Clearview fits fine with the use of the older style gasket. I'm also height limited 5'9" and found that the Stock size shield was best for me (solo) on my '07' RG with a reach seat, could see over the shield fine, but with the raising of the fairing (7/8") by HD and the fact that I do not want to change seats and lose the "hammock/heat' seating. I'm looking for a 10" height windshield with a recurve. Currently I'm dealing with the short leg syndrome 32", tried the new street glide lower hydraulic shocks and they lower the rear approximately 3/4" and the ride is very good but need another +/-3/4" to have solid footing while backing up when parking and at stops where the roadsurface is at an incline or slopes off, I'm leaning towards Legends Air Supension shocks.

Larry
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.