Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: My new cvo  (Read 8286 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: My new cvo
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 07:41:59 AM »

Brad-You definitely are missing the 70 degree weather by a couple of days  even though it has been windy and wet.  Hopefully it won't be too cold and the roads will be dry and not too windy.  Let us know how that heated Corbin seat does.  Have a safe and enjoyable ride home.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 10:31:10 PM »

Well the arrangements are final, Im flying to Charleston SC on the 15th and riding her home to Peoria Illinois. Wish me luck with the weather! It could be a long trip if it is to cold or rainy. I bought the 04 off of Ebay. It has only 2300 miles on it and is all stock.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 12:24:46 AM »

Well, I went on the 15th to get the bike, but I didnt quite make it home. I work third shift and had worked 12 hours the night before the flight. I had been up about 36 hours by the time I picked up the bike and was getting pretty sleepy after about 2 hours on the road, so I pulled over, got some gas and inquired as to the next hotel. The next hotel was about 20 miles down the road, so I decided to go there and spend the night. I made it about 19.5 miles when in my sleepy state, I ran off onto the shoulder. [smiley=oops.gif] I found out the hard way that South Carolina does not have very big shoulders towards the median side of I26 and that the soil is very sandy and loose. I managed to keep it up for a few seconds before going down, slowed down a little. I was glad I was wearing my helmet! I was taken to the hospital w/ some broken or bruised ribs, a partially seperated right shoulder and bumps and bruises everywhere including my ego. :-[ The hospital doped me up with morphine and another shot which I cant remember the name of. They said it was like 10 times more powerfull than morphine, something like synthetic morphine. I wanted to stay the night at the hospital since I was so doped up, in a lot of pain and had nobody with me. The hospital told me I couldn't stay and the patient advocate took my credit card and called the local hotel and got me a room since I was to doped up to do it myself. I was then placed in a taxi headed for the hotel. Once in the hotel room, I was attempting to take off my clothes 1 handed and I think I passed out, next thing I knew I was on the floor with a new bump and rugburn to my forehead and an even more sore right shoulder. I managed to climb into the bed and go into a drug induced sleep for about three hours before waking up to excruciating pain in my right shoulder, sweating and nautious. I went back to the emergency room where they told me I had now completely seperated my right shoulder. >:( A couple of my good friends jumped in a truck and brought a trailer 12 hours and drove all night and came and got me and the bike. We turned around and came back home. The bike will be going to the dealer tomorrow and I will be going to the orthopedic doctor on Wednesday.  I think the bike is definately fixable, as it mostly slid and did not hit anything solid. It will need a front fender, fairing, both lowers, both crash bars, gas tank, all floor boards, both saddle bags, tour pack, grips, mirrors and at least one taillight as far as I can tell right now. I will heal and the bike will get fixed, but it may take me a while before I get to ride anymore!
It is tuff typing with one hand especially my left, so I may not post much for a while, but I will keep you all informed when I can and will still be reading.

Brad
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 12:40:01 AM »

Well, I went on the 15th to get the bike, but I didnt quite make it home. I work third shift and had worked 12 hours the night before the flight. I had been up about 36 hours by the time I picked up the bike and was getting pretty sleepy after about 2 hours on the road, so I pulled over, got some gas and inquired as to the next hotel. The next hotel was about 20 miles down the road, so I decided to go there and spend the night. I made it about 19.5 miles when in my sleepy state, I ran off onto the shoulder. [smiley=oops.gif] Brad

Oh man, I know as each of us reads this we all know it was for the love of the bike and riding that you pushed so hard; it could have been any of us and has been in the past.

Speedy recovery and trust that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you and the bike work your way back to the road.  

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 01:37:39 AM »

Just,
    Sorry to hear,  no one likes to hear about anyone going down.  All I can say is I hope you're going to be OK.....the sheet metal can always be replaced.  I hope all turns out well........Let us know if there's anything we can do for ya!!!

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 07:33:51 AM »

Just,

Glad to hear that you will be OK and the scooter can be fixed.

jeffj

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »

Just,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I wish you a speedy recovery.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 08:24:03 AM »

Major bummer. Hope you heal quickly. Never seperated my shoulder but cracked numerous ribs and that sucks. Don't read the jokes. Percocet and Canadian Club.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 08:45:17 AM »

Brad,
Wow, Blew me away with that story!
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 09:26:26 AM »

Brad,
  Wow!! As I'm reading your story I'm waiting for a punch line, or an I got ya fellas. What a nightmare.
  I'm sorry to hear of your very bad misfortune. That really sucks! I'm glad to hear that you're alright. Take it slow and easy so you can have a good recovery.
  Best wishes for you and getting the bike rolling again.

Take Care, [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Grover  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 09:47:52 AM »

Brad, so sorry to read of your misfortune.  I hope all heals quickly.  You may want to place a call or have someone write a letter to the hospital administrator concerning your discharge and subsequent events.  Our health-care system is 'broken' and situations like yours are not unique and they are only gonna get worse until major changes are implemented. It's sad that it's this way in our great country because it doesn't have to be this way.   JMHO......spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2006, 09:56:51 AM »

Brad-that is a nightmare of a story.  It's hard to believe the hospital didn't keep you overnight in the state you were in and no one to be there with you.   I couldn't get your mishap out of my mind after finding out of your accident Thursday night.  Glad you had good friends to finally get you and your bike home.  Good luck and check in when you can.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2006, 10:17:39 AM »

I'm glad you made it out as good as you did. Going down is bad and going down on your new scoot is even worse. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are back in the wind soon.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »

Well, I just returned from the dealer where I met with 103 tHunDer - Brian. Turns out Brians parents house is less than a quarter mile from my house (small world)! They told me that it is going to have to be taken apart somewhat before we know if it will be able to be fixed or not. The crash bars are pretty bent up and they said it might have damaged the frame where the crash bars hook to it. I hope they can fix it, but if not I guess I will be looking for another bike again. I think I might have it shipped this time if I dont find one close. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes, it is nice to know people on this sight look out for each other and I really appreciate everyone's thoughts. Now I am just really anxious to find out what is going to happen with this whole deal. [smiley=nervous.gif]
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 07:15:59 PM »

Well, I just returned from the dealer where I met with 103 tHunDer - Brian. Turns out Brians parents house is less than a quarter mile from my house (small world)! They told me that it is going to have to be taken apart somewhat before we know if it will be able to be fixed or not. The crash bars are pretty bent up and they said it might have damaged the frame where the crash bars hook to it. I hope they can fix it, but if not I guess I will be looking for another bike again. I think I might have it shipped this time if I dont find one close. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes, it is nice to know people on this sight look out for each other and I really appreciate everyone's thoughts. Now I am just really anxious to find out what is going to happen with this whole deal. [smiley=nervous.gif]

Sad situation that we can all empathize with.  I guess the good thing (if there is a good thing) is that you weren't more seriously hurt.  I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Let us know if you're going to have to get another bike and we'll help where we can.

J.C.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.