Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: Bad news for kryptonite bikes  (Read 25745 times)

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
Bad news for kryptonite bikes
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »

Just went by the dealer to pick up some parts when my uncle (who is a salesman there), catches me on the way back to parts. Says that they are having issues with the green paint and my bike may not arrive until January at the earliest! And it was supposed to be here the 17th. :o :o. He said they didn't specify what kind of issues, just paint issues. Said they were possibly goin to hold the other colors as well to check them too. Was really looking forward to some good fall riding on the new ride... oh well

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: Bad news for kryptonite bikes
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »

Disapointing news and un-needed!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:50:14 PM »

I have the document.   I just got back from my dealer and was told the news.  The other colors are not being with held, just that the CVO bikes are 5 to 7 days behind schedule. The document says that there is a paint supply delay (Kryptonite) and that all phase one and phase two for Kryptonite bikes, if not changed to another color. will be filled in Phase four (January 2011). Any Phase three orders for Kryptonite bikes "MUST" be changed!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:32:36 PM by slotbike »

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 RED
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 05:45:44 PM »

THIS F'N SUCKS!!!!!!!! :sauer005:
2011 CVO FLHXSE2 Kryptonite DYNO 132.97 RWHP and 134.89 RWTQ, Woods CAM TW-9B, ported & polished heads, CFR 4" Black, V&H power duals Black, HPI 58MM Throttle Body, SE Injectors, Painted lids w/speakers, SE tuner

2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R SE Green Blaze Edition

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:23 PM »

Hey Wise....  Your bike and mine were due about the same day.  For those of us that wait (if they do produce the Kryptonite bikes at all) there will be very few of them, I think! Most people will change the color and those ordered in Phase 3 have no choice.  It looks as though HD will not accept any orders for Kryptonite bikes after the initial Phase 1 and 2 orders.

G
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:33:41 PM by slotbike »

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:29 PM »

Hey Wise....  Your bike and mine were due about the same day.  For those of us that wait (if they do produce the Kryptonite bikes at all) there will be very few of them, I think! Most people will change the color and those ordered in Phase 3 have no choice.  It looks as though HD will not accept any orders for Kryptonite bikes after the initial Phase 1 and 2 orders.

G

That's one good way to look at it i guess. We might have the rarest color combo of 2011. Glad i put my deposit down When i did, there was a Guy that came in the dealer about 30 mins after i left to put $ on the first green one.  Still sucks having to wait.  Maybe HD will get their crap together and get this taken care of a little sooner than expected.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:38:23 PM by HD Kid »

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:29:15 AM »

According to a source, there were only about 5 green bikes to start. These were the ones you see for shows, press, etc.  As we know, the colors were produced in batches. No greens for CA for phase 3. I didn't expect anywhere else would have any either. Not to say there isn't any out there. I bet the green ones were never started, but blamed the paint issues due to production delays...... :nixweiss:

I have deposits at 4 different stores to increase my chance of getting one.. I don't expect anything till after new years 2011.....
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 06:26:31 AM »

:oops: :'( These are very bad news!!!! :nervous: :nervous:

Can someone post this document.......PLEASE![/color]

Even if I placed my order very early( beginning of August), I like to know in which phase my order was placed at the MoCO by my dealer!!

The wait is one thing, but there is hope that  MoCo is now aware of the paint problem, so we get a bike WITHOUT paint problems!!!
I really expect a flawless product for this price. If they need the time to improve it........I will wait patiently.

KRYPTONITE ROCKS !!!! :cucumber: :cucumber:

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 07:36:16 AM »

Wonder what this means for the Kryptonite bikes destined for overseas?? I was number 2 in Oz for this colour - we'll just have to wait & see I guess.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »

Even if I placed my order very early( beginning of August), I like to know in which phase my order was placed at the MoCO by my dealer!!

The wait is one thing, but there is hope that  MoCo is now aware of the paint problem, so we get a bike WITHOUT paint problems!!!
I really expect a flawless product for this price. If they need the time to improve it........I will wait patiently.

It is not the problem with the paint it is the supplier.  Just my F'N luck.....
2011 CVO FLHXSE2 Kryptonite DYNO 132.97 RWHP and 134.89 RWTQ, Woods CAM TW-9B, ported & polished heads, CFR 4" Black, V&H power duals Black, HPI 58MM Throttle Body, SE Injectors, Painted lids w/speakers, SE tuner

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 10:41:51 AM »

It is not the problem with the paint it is the supplier.  Just my F'N luck.....
Is this a problem with the burnt orange too??   How may of each color are they building???  I have heard 900 all the way to 1500

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »

Good luck with that one.  You can't even buy a flawless $100K Mercedes.  Best lower your expectations a little, or you'll never buy anything.  :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '15 FLTRUSE Red (Sold)- '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '15 FLTRUSE Blue (Sold)
    • CVO3: '14 FLHTKSE (Sold)
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 10:58:17 AM »

Not good news for sure, mine was scheduled to ship on Sept 14th.

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 11:59:17 AM »

I called my dealer today and he said my bike was moved up to be shipped out the 10th?????  WTF???  I called another dealer and his is showing his is shipping out the 8th???  I told them about the letter and they said they both spoke to their Harley Rep and they said that they are still shipping out.  I HAVE NO F'N CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON!!! :rolleyes2:  BOTH dealers said that the computer is going to be updated on Tuesday since it is a holiday on Monday and both are going to call me when it up dates.  The dealer I have my deposit with said his Harley Rep told them that HD did make a few of the green before they ran out of the paint and ran into this supply problem.  I will keep you guys posted.... 

Happy F'n weekend!!!!  :drink:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »

FWIW

My Black & Crimson SESG2 was scheduled to be delivered July 19th.
Then the letter came out saying the MoCo was having issues.
My scooter was built on Aug 18
Arrived at the dealership Aug 25

The MoCo did not explain what the hold up was other than supplier issues.

Hope your scooter arrives early like they're saying now!

JW

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 12:31:37 PM »

The letter even mentioned the bikes due in Sept. are now due in Oct.  Ones due in Oct. will be Nov. Appears the whole line is delayed.

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »

I called my dealer today and he said my bike was moved up to be shipped out the 10th?????  WTF???  I called another dealer and his is showing his is shipping out the 8th???  I told them about the letter and they said they both spoke to their Harley Rep and they said that they are still shipping out.  I HAVE NO F'N CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON!!! :rolleyes2:  BOTH dealers said that the computer is going to be updated on Tuesday since it is a holiday on Monday and both are going to call me when it up dates.  The dealer I have my deposit with said his Harley Rep told them that HD did make a few of the green before they ran out of the paint and ran into this supply problem.  I will keep you guys posted.... 

Happy F'n weekend!!!!  :drink:

I sure hope thats the case with mine also! This sucks not knowing whats goin on. Goin back to the dealer and talking to my uncle to see if he has any more insight on the matter tomorrow.  :confused5:

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »

Your bike ordered will not be till phase 4. (if your dealer stays on top of the orders) Many dealers can't even tell what phase they are now  :confused5:... truthe is, the dealer cannot order green in first 3  phase. HDKid is correct with the bad news. Sit back, relax and it'll be worth the wait.. :huepfenlol2:

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »

I have a copy of the letter. I will post when I get home.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 05:30:33 PM »

Wise, I have the letter also....as lucky said, no green bikes until phase 4 (January 2011) All phase 3 green orders must be changed to another color. Only those phase 1 and 2 kryptonite bikes that are "NOT" changed to another color, will be made........so the letter says!

G

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »

Here it is...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:40:16 PM by wiseasp »

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 06:36:20 PM »

2nd page...

Looks like if the dealer does not change the color for Phase 3, Harley will just send them either the Crimson/Black or Black/Orange.  Will know more on Tuesday.  Now I wonder if they will make more then they originally expected of the crimson bike and the orange bike. :confused5:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:43:00 PM by wiseasp »

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »

Wise....YES, they will definitely make more Black/crimson and Black/orange for the simple fact that many dealers and customers will not want to wait 6 months to get their Kryptonite bikes so they will change the color to one of the other 3 available. Also, "all" the phase 3 Kryptonite bikes "must" be changed. All this means fewer Kryptonite bikes  :cucumber:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:08:02 PM by slotbike »

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »

wow thanks for sharing. Does anyone know the pruduction numbers for each color????

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »

Wise....YES, they will definitely make more Black/crimson and Black/orange for the simple fact that many dealers and customers will not want to wait 6 months to get their Kryptonitebikes so they will change the color to one of the other 3 available. Also, "all" the phase 3 Kryptonite bikes "must" be changed. All this means fewer Kryptonite bikes  :cucumber:

You are right.  I told my dealer today to look for a orange and black one for me NOW!!!  After reading this letter and thinking about it, I am going to call him tomorrow and tell them I am just going to wait until next year for the Kryptonite.  I have been waiting since freakin April, another 4 or 5 months is nothing... :nixweiss:

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »

You are right.  I told my dealer today to look for a orange and black one for me NOW!!!  After reading this letter and thinking about it, I am going to call him tomorrow and tell them I am just going to wait until next year for the Kryptonite.  I have been waiting since freakin April, another 4 or 5 months is nothing... :nixweiss:

Well usually they make about 3500 bikes, that would be about 875 to 900 of each color.  What is interesting, is in the letter, Harley will change the color to only the crimson or the orange, no Autumn Haze.  I wonder if that color is already done.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »

If that is truly the bike you want it will be well worth the wait. I waited nine months for my :pumpkin: because I fell in love w/it when I first saw the brochure and I'm so glad I waited. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »

I think the response to the Autumn Haze was just "Ho Hum", so that is probably the reason they will change phase 3 to the black/crimson or black/orange!

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »

I think the response to the Autumn Haze was just "Ho Hum", so that is probably the reason they will change phase 3 to the black/crimson or black/orange!

You might be right.  I sat on a Autumn Haze one today at the dealer and it looked okay.  NOTHING to write home about.

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »

Fired00d,

You are right.  When I first saw the Green I was taken back.  The Green with the black engine is just BAD A$$.  The wait continues.  My birthday is at the end of January, maybe it will be in by then....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »

Fired00d,

You are right.  When I first saw the Green I was taken back.  The Green with the black engine is just BAD A$$.  The wait continues.  My birthday is at the end of January, maybe it will be in by then....
I agree with you totally.... as much as like Orange/Black on Harley's I prefer the Kryptonite more out of the '11 SESG's.... it is "BAD @$$". :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »

Guys, I totally agree.  I was at the dealer show and saw the 2011 bikes 2 days before the dealers got in.  The Kryptonite bike freaked me out, I HAD TO HAVE IT!  The first day of the show, I saw my dealer and he said, "I have one coming in Sept. 17th"  I said, I'll take it  ;D When I got back, I traded 2 of my bikes in figuring......I only have to wait a month.  Now what :o

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »

Guys, I totally agree.  I was at the dealer show and saw the 2011 bikes 2 days before the dealers got in.  The Kryptonite bike freaked me out, I HAD TO HAVE IT!  The first day of the show, I saw my dealer and he said, "I have one coming in Sept. 17th"  I said, I'll take it  ;D When I got back, I traded 2 of my bikes in figuring......I only have to wait a month.  Now what :o

Brother, you and I are in the same boat.  I ordered a 2010 Candy Concord back in April and it was to come in end of April.  I sold my 08 SE Ultra in April.  The 2010 came in mid July.  I waited to see the 2011.  I saw the GREEN and that was it.  Last week I sold my Chopper, thinking I had 2 more weeks until my new ride.  NOW I AM F'D!!!!  Our Ocean City, MD Bike week is in 2 weeks and I have NO FREAKIN bike to take.  This suxs!!!!

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »

Well, this explains a lot.  I was at my dealer last Saturday (Aug. 29) and my sales guy told me they had a Kryptonite SESG coming in November/December.  I told him I'd be interested in it and left.  Two days later, they were showing the Kryptonite bike on their web site as "Coming Soon".  Then on Thursday, the Kryptonite bike was off the web page, replaced by an Autumn Haze SESG.  I was ticked, as I thought someone had swooped in and bought the bike out from under me (so to speak).  Now it all makes sense.  I'm hoping the Greenie (as I'm now calling it) is still available;  I wouldn't mind waiting until Spring for it (can't really ride much during NY winters anyway).  Besides, I will be in a much better situation financially next year....

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »

Well, this explains a lot.  I was at my dealer last Saturday (Aug. 29) and my sales guy told me they had a Kryptonite SESG coming in November/December.  I told him I'd be interested in it and left.  Two days later, they were showing the Kryptonite bike on their web site as "Coming Soon".  Then on Thursday, the Kryptonite bike was off the web page, replaced by an Autumn Haze SESG.  I was ticked, as I thought someone had swooped in and bought the bike out from under me (so to speak).  Now it all makes sense.  I'm hoping the Greenie (as I'm now calling it) is still available;  I wouldn't mind waiting until Spring for it (can't really ride much during NY winters anyway).  Besides, I will be in a much better situation financially next year....

Hey LoneCustom,

Your dealer is Gowanda-Harley-Davidson.  I saw they had a Greenie on cycletrader.  I also saw they had it on their web site.  I called first thing Saturday morning to tell them I will take it.  I spoke to the salesperson and they said that they did not have it and were getting the Autumn Haze instead.  Good luck with the wait....

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

@wiseasp..........Thank you for posting the letter!!!!!

For me Kermit/ Hulk/ Greenie is best color of the 2011 SESG range. Therefore I will not change to another color.
If there is no other possibility.........I will buy a Honda for my 25th year with Harley!! ;D :P

Just kidding!

Aero8

tedrawlins

• A Pair Of Eagles Ready For Flight

• CVO1: 2001 BLUE FLTRSEI2 S.E. 6-speed--S.E. Perf Heads--S.E. slip-ons--77H.P.
    • CVO2: 2012 BLUE FLTRXSE Fullsac B Header--2 1/4"cores--92H.P.
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 04:55:10 PM »

Followed this one ridden by a young lady into the Rapid City Harley shop parking area during Sturgis rally.  Snapped two shots with my cell-phone.  Looked great with matching tour-pak.  Some lucky girl had the only one I saw on the road that week.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. 2001 Dyna FXDX (Jade Suglo),  1986 FXRD (Grand Touring Edition).  1992 Low Rider Conv.  1999 Road King Classic (Aztec Orange).  Miss them all.

tedrawlins

• A Pair Of Eagles Ready For Flight

• CVO1: 2001 BLUE FLTRSEI2 S.E. 6-speed--S.E. Perf Heads--S.E. slip-ons--77H.P.
    • CVO2: 2012 BLUE FLTRXSE Fullsac B Header--2 1/4"cores--92H.P.
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »

Rear View
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. 2001 Dyna FXDX (Jade Suglo),  1986 FXRD (Grand Touring Edition).  1992 Low Rider Conv.  1999 Road King Classic (Aztec Orange).  Miss them all.

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »

Awesome pics.... Thanks for posting !!

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »

Nice pics!! :2vrolijk_21:

Notice the manufacturer license plate.

It is official, all orders today were pulled from the dealers allocation list.  Either wait until next year or change the color.  I spoke to 12 dealers today and ALL changed the color to Black/Orange.  I am waiting for sure now.  They are going to make more of the Black/Orange then any color combo now.  I hope it is worth the wait! :cucumber: :cucumber:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

Nice pics!! :2vrolijk_21:

Notice the manufacturer license plate.

It is official, all orders today were pulled from the dealers allocation list.  Either wait until next year or change the color.  I spoke to 12 dealers today and ALL changed the color to Black/Orange.  I am waiting for sure now.  They are going to make more of the Black/Orange then any color combo now.  I hope it is worth the wait! :cucumber: :cucumber:

HOW MANY MORE????  WON'T BE MUCH OF A LIMITED # THE WAY IT SOUNDS

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »

Guys,

Those of us who wait, will have one of a very select limited edition color combo.  The Blk/Orange will be the highest production color for the 2011 CVO Streetglide, followed by the blk/crimson, the Autumn Haze, then.......KRYPTONITE! This is just my opinion but seems to make sense in light of the letter and the simple fact that most dealers AND customers will change the color to get their bike sooner. I am holding out! :cucumber: :jalapeno:

Slotbike

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010, 06:37:02 PM »

Guys,

Those of us who wait, will have one of a very select limited edition color combo.  The Blk/Orange will be the highest production color for the 2011 CVO Streetglide, followed by the blk/crimson, the Autumn Haze, then.......KRYPTONITE! This is just my opinion but seems to make sense in light of the letter and the simple fact that most dealers AND customers will change the color to get their bike sooner. I am holding out! :cucumber: :jalapeno:

Slotbike

I am with ya brother. My dealer wanted me to change and I told him no I will wait. All the dealers I talked to said they changed the color because they are there to sell bikes NOW!!!!  I hope after all this BS HD makes this color now....

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »

Wise,

"I hope after all this BS HD makes this color now...." This quote of yours, is the only thing that worries me. My biggest fear is that I wait (now that I got rid of both my bikes) and the MoCo decides NOT top make the Kryptonite and I have nothing!

G

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 07:35:47 PM »

Wise,

"I hope after all this BS HD makes this color now...." This quote of yours, is the only thing that worries me. My biggest fear is that I wait (now that I got rid of both my bikes) and the MoCo decides NOT top make the Kryptonite and I have nothing!

G

Like I said before G, we are in the same EXACT boat.  I sold both my bikes and now I have nothing.  Worst case is if they do not make the Kryptonite I will just get one of the other colors.  Only time will tell....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »

Hang in there guys... good things come to those who wait. The Kryptonite is one bad @$$ bike.. if it were me I'd wait. Hell I waited 9 months to get my :pumpkin:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »

Hang in there guys... good things come to those who wait. The Kryptonite is one bad @$$ bike.. if it were me I'd wait. Hell I waited 9 months to get my :pumpkin:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I agree with Gary. Don't settle, get the one you want. You will not regret it.

JW

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2010, 08:19:51 PM »

Guys, I think wise and I are both in agreement.......THE KRYPTONITE IS TOO HOT TO LET IT GO! I'm waiting :) Again, my fear is that "IF" they do not make it, then what?

Glenn

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2010, 08:22:52 PM »

Guys, I think wise and I are both in agreement.......THE KRYPTONITE IS TOO HOT TO LET IT GO! I'm waiting :) Again, my fear is that "IF" they do not make it, then what?

Glenn
Think of it this way... "You settle for something (another color) that you don't really want and they make the Kryptonite later in the year"... then how are you going to feel?? :nixweiss: Cup half full or half empty.... go w/your gut and think positive. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:34 PM »

Glenn

I'm of the school "If it's suppose to happen, it will happen" Think positive thoughts. I'm pulling for you guys.

I got 1 of the 408 Candy Brandy SERKs. It just took 6 or 7 years.

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »

I'm right here with you guys. Gonna wait it out for the kryptonite. Sucks but it will b well worth it!  It seams like all of the dealers at their Las Vegas show went crazy over the green. So i don't think HD would cut the color. And in my opinion the green stands out more than just about any bike out there. It might not be everybody's favorite, but in all the pictures, even when the green is in the background, my eye is just drawn to it. I would have waited any way if they would have told me January in the first place. I don't think we will be dissapointed.

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2010, 04:55:28 AM »

Ditto    :cucumber: :cucumber:

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2010, 06:13:12 AM »

I'm right here with you guys. Gonna wait it out for the kryptonite. Sucks but it will b well worth it!  It seams like all of the dealers at their Las Vegas show went crazy over the green. So i don't think HD would cut the color. And in my opinion the green stands out more than just about any bike out there. It might not be everybody's favorite, but in all the pictures, even when the green is in the background, my eye is just drawn to it. I would have waited any way if they would have told me January in the first place. I don't think we will be dissapointed.

You could not have said it better!!

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2010, 07:32:54 AM »

Well, at least 4 of us will have Kryptonite bikes  :)

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2010, 08:42:25 AM »

I agree also the Krypto is worth the wait...... I think
The only problem is "Waiting" on something that has no confirmation on actual production dates or potiential ship dates, just being re-scheduled.
Hmmmmm... did i hear  :orange: IO/BD.   No... No.... No... must stay the "Green" path :cucumber:

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »

Hey Crazy,

STAY FOCUSED, MY FRIEND!  :) We will keep each other on the path to Krypton! Think of this as a Kryptonite support group. :cucumber: :jalapeno:

Glenn

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »

Wanted to give you guys a "small" taste of where I will be going with my krypto, when it gets here.  I have big plans  :)

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

I hear ya Glenn... It is one Hot Bike!
That pic is Bad Azzzz, fyi....my new "desktop" pic
Thanks

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:37:02 AM by HDCrazy »

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:20 AM »

I hear ya Glenn... It is one Hot Bike!
That pic is Bad Azzzz, fyi....my new "desktop" pic
Thanks

My dealer said they should get the new schedule next week and it will not be as bad as we have heard.  They may start coming as early as Nov 1.

We will see...

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »

My dealer said they should get the new schedule next week and it will not be as bad as we have heard.  They may start coming as early as Nov 1.

We will see...

Maybe a early Christmas present!!!!

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2010, 04:50:15 PM »

Hey LoneCustom,

Your dealer is Gowanda-Harley-Davidson.  I saw they had a Greenie on cycletrader.  I also saw they had it on their web site.  I called first thing Saturday morning to tell them I will take it.  I spoke to the salesperson and they said that they did not have it and were getting the Autumn Haze instead.  Good luck with the wait....

Yep, that is correct...  I'll be heading there this Saturday anyway, so I'll try to find out exactly what is going on...  Thanks!

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2010, 12:08:32 AM »

Wanted to give you guys a "small" taste of where I will be going with my krypto, when it gets here.  I have big plans  :)

Let see.. blacked out pipes and forks.... did I miss anything? Nice.. :cucumber: :cucumber:

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »

Grubby, on the HDFORUM photoshopped this "again" for me to include some of the other mods I want to do.  Black crash bar, timer cover, floor boards and brake lever.

Glenn
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:06:39 AM by slotbike »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2010, 08:07:42 AM »

Grubby, on the HDFORUM photoshopped this "again" for me to include some of the other mods I want to do.  Black crash bar, timer cover, floor boards and brake lever.

Glenn

Doing that much have you considered blacking the dash, handlebars and sissy bar too?

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2010, 08:28:17 AM »

Twolane,

That would be a yes.....since, for now, I have to use the stock HD picture; YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I HAVE UP MY SLEEVE!  :D

Glenn

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:46 AM »

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I HAVE UP MY SLEEVE!  :D

Glenn

Hairy armpit and two moles :nixweiss: ?

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2010, 08:47:18 AM »

Hairy armpit and two moles :nixweiss: ?

Don, I do not want to know how you have come to know about the two moles.......................LOL
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »

Don, I do not want to know how you have come to know about the two moles.......................LOL

Fixed the run-out (and added good shocks) to my crystal ball.  Much higher definition output now.

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:31 AM »

Alright.... Enough ideas already, I just figured out my "parts list" and now I dont have any money remaining to purchase the bike !!!   :nervous:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »

Alright.... Enough ideas already, I just figured out my "parts list" and now I dont have any money remaining to purchase the bike !!!   :nervous:

Hate it when that happens.  Here's what you do.  Get two bikes!  That way you can amortize the parts purchases out over a wider base :drink: :2vrolijk_21: .

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 09:10:25 AM »

I like your thinking ! :2vrolijk_20:

I'm not sure why it is, but this all makes perfect sense to me when on this forum..... you know buying our $30k-$50k toys, spending lotsa dinero$$ to customize ...on and on.....
but  when I mention this to my better half she justs looks at me like WTF are you thinking?? Have you gone nuts ?? Where is your brain?? ha ha ha ha (Then she enjoys the hell out of it!)

I guess thats why I spend so much time on this "Support-Group"  I mean.... forum !!

2wheelZEN

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG Black Diamond
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »

Alright.... Enough ideas already, I just figured out my "parts list" and now I don't have any money remaining to purchase the bike !!!   :nervous:

I found that this is the 2nd biggest problem to waiting. Have a similar parts list on my night stand. lmao!
The 1st NOT BEING ABLE TO RIDE!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »

I like your thinking ! :2vrolijk_20:

I'm not sure why it is, but this all makes perfect sense to me when on this forum..... you know buying our $30k-$50k toys, spending lotsa dinero$$ to customize ...on and on.....
but  when I mention this to my better half she justs looks at me like WTF are you thinking?? Have you gone nuts ?? Where is your brain?? ha ha ha ha (Then she enjoys the hell out of it!)

I guess thats why I spend so much time on this "Support-Group"  I mean.... forum !!

Now that there is funny   ....AND TRUE

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »

you aren't going to get them til Jan. anyway,,,,,,,, so you might as well tell everyone to get you gift cards to your local HD dealer for xmas.  ( it'll help defray some costs) :huepfenlol2:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »

Decided I am gonna hang on to this stuff in case my deal on the 2011 falls through (it IS the MoCo after all).

Hey slotbike -

I've got all you need brother from parts off of my 2010:

black full engine guard
black comfort profile rear bag guards
black 4 point dock
black stealth rack
black backrest upright
black Fullsac X-Pipe
black HD exhaust heat shields
black V&H Hi-Output mufflers
 list goes on and on and on ....

All of it is sitting in original boxes if you're interested maybe I can save you some coin. Search on my posts for pics of it all mounted up on my 2010. Since my 2011 Autumn Haze comes mostly chrome not sure I am gonna swap things out for black. Just PM me if interested.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:09:40 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2010, 09:56:39 PM »

Question......

is it cheaper to get existing parts blacked out

or do you just buy new blacked out parts and try to salvage some cost by selling old parts?

2nd question, can you even buy the original parts new in a "blacked out" version?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »

That all depends on if you have a local powder coater.  Here on Long Island, they are everywhere!  I just had some parts done in anticipation of the bike coming next week (before I found out about the paint issue). If you already have the parts, it should be a lot cheaper to just powder coat them. IMO! As far as buying new parts blacked out, most of the parts are available in black from the MoCo.  Pick up a free copy of the 2011 P & A book at your dealer.....they are all in there except, CVO specific parts like the Rumble collection and the dash etc.

Glenn
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:05:09 AM by slotbike »

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 08:56:54 AM »

Good luck with that one.  You can't even buy a flawless $100K Mercedes.  Best lower your expectations a little, or you'll never buy anything.  :nixweiss:

/quote]

HARLEYS are like babies    They all got a birthmark somewhere.

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:59 PM »

Glenn

Wouldn't it be nice if we could find a couple guys with the black ultras that wanted chrome rumble collection. I too have the same vision for my bike. That Photoshop is great.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »

Kid,

That stuff is gettable.....just ask your dealer or parts guy to get a Vin # from one of those bikes and put it in as an order for "crash" parts!  :)

G

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »

Kid,

That stuff is gettable.....just ask your dealer or parts guy to get a Vin # from one of those bikes and put it in as an order for "crash" parts!  :)

G

Thanks for the heads up, but i know how i can get em. It would just be nice to "trade" someone for the chrome ones i will allready have. Less $$$   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:06:39 AM by HD Kid »

tattoocrazy

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »

I would bet you won't see Kryptonite bikes at all.  Usually when there is a paint issue on baggers it is because the colors look different on the plastic parts than the metal.  They changed the color on my Phase III order and it's wait and see for my Phase IV orders.

Good luck to those of you waiting.  I saw the bike in Vegas at the show and it is amazing!

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

or someone else got the order in first for kryptonite paint........... :nixweiss:

2011 Mazda

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2010, 07:02:12 AM »

BT,

Now "that's" funny, good one! :D

G

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »

BT....you got me on this one!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »

Hi all
I recieved the dreaded call from my Motor Co dealer yesterday - I cannot have my kryptonite SG period! - I've been bumped to the orange with no other colour option available - I requested the black / crimson as an alternative & was bluntly told that it's orange or come pick up your deposit! This whole episode just sucks especially when I've sold my current ride for this bike. No greenies are coming to Oz at all. Amazing how a bike shop can play hard ball over a $46k sale in the current economy!! They should be kissing behinds big time over this & being a little more accommodating. The dream of a CVO is now badly tarnished. Guess I'll wait to see my orange in the flesh & then make a decision whether to sit out 2011 or not. I'm gutted.

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »

Hi all
I recieved the dreaded call from my Motor Co dealer yesterday - I cannot have my kryptonite SG period! - I've been bumped to the orange with no other colour option available - I requested the black / crimson as an alternative & was bluntly told that it's orange or come pick up your deposit! This whole episode just sucks especially when I've sold my current ride for this bike. No greenies are coming to Oz at all. Amazing how a bike shop can play hard ball over a $46k sale in the current economy!! They should be kissing behinds big time over this & being a little more accommodating. The dream of a CVO is now badly tarnished. Guess I'll wait to see my orange in the flesh & then make a decision whether to sit out 2011 or not. I'm gutted.

THAT SUCKS!!!!!

I wonder if all the export bikes were the phase THREE bikes that were canceled.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »

Hi all

Wow they have not told me that.  But I will check with my dealer on Tuesday

W

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »

W,

Phase 1 and 2 Kryptonite bikes, if not changed to another color, will be Phase 4, January delivery.  ALL Phase 3 Kryptonite bikes "MUST" be changed to another color OR the MOCO will change them to Orange or Black. Glenpick was talking about Australia (Oz).  The MOCO probably unallocated all the export Kryptonite bikes. :nixweiss:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2010, 08:14:28 AM »

W,

Phase 1 and 2 Kryptonite bikes, if not changed to another color, will be Phase 4, January delivery.  ALL Phase 3 Kryptonite bikes "MUST" be changed to another color OR the MOCO will change them to Orange or Black. Glenpick was talking about Australia (Oz).  The MOCO probably unallocated all the export Kryptonite bikes. :nixweiss:

Scared me there.    That makes sense

jcd520

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »

Bought a Black one over the weekend and the dealer told me that HD said that 90% of the dealers ordered  green when they were released and the moco then asked many to change their color choice and then they just did it for them becuase they obviously couldn't produce that many in that color. Soooooooooo------- don't know if thats the true story or not, just thought I would pass along the newest gossip. Take it for what it is worth! CD

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »

NOT TRUE!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »

NOT TRUE!

Then what is?  What's the source and citation?  Information rather than assertion.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »

Well, for one.........the letter to the dealers (posted on this thread) that says it was a paint issue.  Second, I was at the dealer show and, like anything else....there was a huge group who "hated" the green. That along with the old school rumor that you shouldn't buy/ride a green bike.  The talk I heard, at the show,  was that there were a lot of mixed opinions on the green. You either loved it or hated it. Also, the statement that said they couldn't make that many bikes seems ridiculous.  The total run for CVO Street Glides is what, 3000 to 3500 bikes.  Harley paints 10's of thousands in Vivid Black.....why couldn't they paint 2000 in green? JMO based on what I saw, heard and have been told.

G
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:04:16 AM by slotbike »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »

Well, for one.........the letter to the dealers (posted on this thread) that says it was a paint issue.  Second, I was at the dealer show and, like any thing else....there was a huge group who "hated" the green. That along with the old school rumor that you shouldn't buy/ride a green bike.  The talk I heard, at the show,  was that there were a lot of mixed opinions on the green. You either loved it or hated it. JMO based on what I saw, heard and have been told.

G

You weren't around here when the 06s had all their paint issues.  Significant problems with terrible paint.  All coupled with multiple stories from the dealers and the MoCo about what was and wasn't going on.  Many men got new paint out of it.  But the response from Mother Harley wasn't easy or universal as some got dicked around while having exactly the same problems as others who got new paint.  And there were "letters" from Harley offering guidance on the problem.

This is only to say that (for this episode and others [like the 110 engine "enhancement" that wasn't a recall]) this audience isn't immediately going to believe it just because Harley put it in a letter.

Being at the dealer show and seeing that people either loved or hated it simply has no bearing on what the production problem might or might not be.  You end by saying your uncited assertion is based on "what [you] saw, heard and have been told."  The other gentlemen you dismissed actually said exactly the same thing.  Except he actually cited his dealer for his suggestion as to what was going on. 

Neither offer anything actually definitive.  Just guys curb racing wondering about their Kermit bikes.  It's all good.  But none of it really brings anything new to the party.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »

I did not dismiss what my fellow forum member said, I dismissed what his dealer told him in reference to the statement that the MOCO can't produce that many bikes in one color!.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:21:39 AM by slotbike »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »

I did not dismiss what my fellow forum member said, I dismissed what his dealer told him.

I'm terribly sorry then.  When you quoted the member's post and responded (all caps) with:

NOT TRUE!

...it seemed a response to the post rather than the dealer's assertions within the post.  There is a handy but rarely used post-English-translator that the site offers that can correct such things.  Let me run it quickly to sort things out:

NOT TRUE!

presto-change-o mode=on

Your dealers remarks are interesting.  Based on seeing the interest in the green bikes at the dealer show; no, wait, that really doesn't impact the paint production issue.  Well, anyway, based on my own uncited assertions and the letter from the MoCo your dealer might be in error.  Have a nice day.  And notice I didn't YELL at all.  Thank you.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »

You know Twolane, I see from just a few posts that you like to stir the pot.  Just because my cap lock was on doesn't mean that I said or meant what you thought I said. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »

Just because my cap lock was on doesn't mean that I said or meant what you thought I said. 

Can't argue with that.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »

wow  you guys are killin me.....like i said i am going to ask dealer on tuesday...what the h is goin on

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »

bump   :oops:

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2010, 07:25:53 PM »

Hi all

Don't discount the orange yet. I am looking to upgrade and was not impressed by any of the colors (no blue??). Anyway I settled on the Kryptonite or Orange. This week I found a dealer with an orange one. In the warehouse, it was nice but really didn't grab me. Then he rolled it out in the sun and it was like somebody punched me in the head. It was stunning. Before you make a decision on the orange, judge it by how it looks outside, not in the showroom. Unbelievable difference!
2011 FLHXSE2

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2010, 07:22:23 AM »

Hey David
I'm starting to feel very positive now about being changed to the orange - a number of the pics posted here so far show the orange looking stunning in the sun - when I first got the news on Saturday that I could not have my Krypto - i was devastated - but now i'm feeling I may have been done a huge favour - thanks for your view here - just hope we can see more orange pics soon.

Don't discount the orange yet. I am looking to upgrade and was not impressed by any of the colors (no blue??). Anyway I settled on the Kryptonite or Orange. This week I found a dealer with an orange one. In the warehouse, it was nice but really didn't grab me. Then he rolled it out in the sun and it was like somebody punched me in the head. It was stunning. Before you make a decision on the orange, judge it by how it looks outside, not in the showroom. Unbelievable difference!

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »

Here's a pic I took in the parking lot. Some opinions thought this was more peach colored. It is NOT EVEN CLOSE to peach. Stunning. I'm have never been a fan or orange but I have got to get one of these. And will soon hopefully.
2011 FLHXSE2

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »

Here's a pic I took in the parking lot. Some opinions thought this was more peach colored. It is NOT EVEN CLOSE to peach. Stunning. I'm have never been a fan or orange but I have got to get one of these. And will soon hopefully.
it's ok but the green will really be a rare bike.  Especially if some of the green bikes get moved to orange.

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »

it's ok but the green will really be a rare bike.  Especially if some of the green bikes get moved to orange.

I agree 100%.  I ALMOST changed my color to orange, but then I thought that it will not be that unique.  If I didn't want to be unique I would have bought a 2011 FLHTCUSE6, they are making over 3000 of them IN ONE COLOR  :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2010, 11:08:58 PM »

I agree 100%.  I ALMOST changed my color to orange, but then I thought that it will not be that unique.  If I didn't want to be unique I would have bought a 2011 FLHTCUSE6, they are making over 3000 of them IN ONE COLOR  :nixweiss:.  

Interesting!
Everyone has an opinion and everyone thinks that everyone else wants to hear it.
I just don't understand why some feel a need to put down another members choice of bikes or color.
Did everyone love the O/B 00 SERG? Sales records show the answer was no. For those who own them now, there is nothing finer.
What about the gold 03 SERK's? What about the 06 Watermelons? What about the blue 01 SERG's?
Best I can tell there are no 3, 5 or 7 year old new CVO's sitting at dealers that no one wanted because they were so ugly.  
It's very doubtful that the people who buy the 2011 "Off" color CVO's are going to leave them in the garage "so no one will laugh at them."
This site is a great place and it's possible you could meet a good friend here, unless you posted that his bike color was ugly/hideous or not unique.
I'm fortunate, all my friends have good looking bikes. Ask them, they will tell you, their not shy.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2010, 11:52:26 PM »

My dreams are crushed!!!
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2010, 11:54:50 PM »

Interesting!
Everyone has an opinion and everyone thinks that everyone else wants to hear it.
I just don't understand why some feel a need to put down another members choice of bikes or color.
Did everyone love the O/B 00 SERG? Sales records show the answer was no. For those who own them now, there is nothing finer.
What about the gold 03 SERK's? What about the 06 Watermelons? What about the blue 01 SERG's?
Best I can tell there are no 3, 5 or 7 year old new CVO's sitting at dealers that no one wanted because they were so ugly.  
It's very doubtful that the people who buy the 2011 "Off" color CVO's are going to leave them in the garage "so no one will laugh at them."
This site is a great place and it's possible you could meet a good friend here, unless you posted that his bike color was ugly/hideous or not unique.
I'm fortunate, all my friends have good looking bikes. Ask them, they will tell you, their not shy.

SBB

SBB

What in the world are you talking about?????  I never said that the color was ugly, just that it will not be as unique as the green.  Why in the world would I pay top dollar for a bike that they will make over 3000 copies of the same exact color?  We buy CVO's to be unique and have the best that Harley makes.  

YES I can speak my opinion if I want.  I served 14 honorable years in the 1st Force Recon in the USMC :army: to have the right to speak my mind and for you to have the freedom to read my post!!!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:04:33 AM by wiseasp »

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2010, 05:18:26 AM »

I'm still sticking to my Krypto. It will happen not sooner but later :cucumber: :cucumber:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:46 AM »

SBB

What in the world are you talking about?????  I never said that the color was ugly, just that it will not be as unique as the green.  Why in the world would I pay top dollar for a bike that they will make over 3000 copies of the same exact color?  We buy CVO's to be unique and have the best that Harley makes.  

YES I can speak my opinion if I want.  I served 14 honorable years in the 1st Force Recon in the USMC :army: to have the right to speak my mind and for you to have the freedom to read my post!!!!

Whoooosh.
The point I was making.
Right over your head!
Good luck with the green bike, it's a beaut!
And yes, thank you for your service, not sure how that relates to this but thanks.

;)

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2010, 08:24:57 AM »

Whoooosh.
The point I was making.
Right over your head!
Good luck with the green bike, it's a beaut!
And yes, thank you for your service, not sure how that relates to this but thanks.

;)

SBB

The point I was making is that you iluded that no one wants to hear others opinion, if it isn't warm and fuzzy. I simply stated that fact that I can say whatever I want to, good or bad. You or no one else can say otherwise. This is due to the fact that freedom isn't free and we fought for that right.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »

The point I was making is that you iluded that no one wants to hear others opinion, if it isn't warm and fuzzy. I simply stated that fact that I can say whatever I want to, good or bad. You or no one else can say otherwise. This is due to the fact that freedom isn't free and we fought for that right.

There it goes again WHOOSH over your head!
The point I was making was a general one (not necessarily directed at you), in that when people post what can be perceived as negative comments about bikes they don't like there stands the possibility that your friend/neighbor may possibly own or be wanting to own that bike. Common sense usually dictates how much smack/trash or negative things people say about someone else's bike. Well usually it does!

I simply stated that fact that I can say whatever I want to, good or bad. You or no one else can say otherwise.

Not true!
The guidelines for freedom of speech is clearly documented in the "Rules of Posting" on this site.

Freedom of Speech:
[1]This is a privately owned and operated web site, that allows people to register and participate.

[2]If the site owner or designated administrator/moderator decides you are no longer welcome your account will be locked/removed. ( this is no different then you asking a guest to leave your property )

[3]Freedom of speech does not apply, posting is a revocable privilege on the site.

So again, back to my original point, we all love/like different colors and style of our CVO's, no matter what color or style they are!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »

WHOOSH over your head...WTF

YES you were talking to me since you quoted what I said.

Freedom of speech is included in this web site.  If you don't act like and idiot you will not be treated like one.  Life on the street is different. :rifle:

Lets not get into a pi$$ing match.

:beatdeadhorse:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2010, 09:19:17 AM »

WHOOSH over your head...WTF

YES you were talking to me since you quoted what I said.

Freedom of speech is included in this web site.  If you don't act like and idiot you will not be treated like one.  Life on the street is different. :rifle:

Lets not get into a pi$$ing match.

:beatdeadhorse:

Coooool!   :2vrolijk_21:

Then my point has been made!

Good luck with the green bike!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »

Coooool!   :2vrolijk_21:

Then my point has been made!

Good luck with the green bike!

SBB

No idea what you think is cool and your point was made.

Hope to meet up with you at a function so we can have a beer  :drink: and dicuss this in person.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2010, 09:41:34 AM »

No idea what you think is cool and your point was made.

Hope to meet up with you at a function so we can have a beer  :drink: and dicuss this in person.

That would be nice!
Maggie Valley is next week!
So on another subject, since your set on the green bike have you ordered your matching tour pak?
I wonder what kind of lead time there is on that?
Or I wonder if the accessory matching tour paks are already made?

:nixweiss:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »

That would be nice!
Maggie Valley is next week!
So on another subject, since your set on the green bike have you ordered your matching tour pak?
I wonder what kind of lead time there is on that?
Or I wonder if the accessory matching tour paks are already made?

:nixweiss:

SBB

If I had I bike I'd be there. Lol

I have the part numbers for the king tour Pack and spoiler. No news yet

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »

I have the part numbers for the king tour Pack and spoiler. No news yet

Will they not let you order it?
Have you checked to see if they have any in stock?

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »

It's too bad for you guys that the Kermit bikes aren't red.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »

:huepfenlol2:     :huepfenlol2:     :huepfenlol2:     :huepfenlol2:     :huepfenlol2:     :huepfenlol2:     :huepfenlol2:

True - - but

We had our issues too. Moco replaced a tour pak and fairing on mine way back when. It's really fast now.  :D

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »

Hey Wiseasp, you don't need a bike to attend Maggie Valley.  We've had several people attend in the past that weren't on bikes.  And I'm completely surprised that Chip, being the gentleman that he is, hasn't offered to loan you one of his bikes!

:vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »

Hey Wiseasp, you don't need a bike to attend Maggie Valley.  We've had several people attend in the past that weren't on bikes.  And I'm completely surprised that Chip, being the gentleman that he is, hasn't offered to loan you one of his bikes!

:vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »

Who wants red bikes?? :confused5: :zstupid:

May as well piss off my Chithead Brotha from anotha motha :drink: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »

Who wants red bikes?? :confused5: :zstupid:

May as well piss off my Chithead Brotha from anotha motha :drink: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Your day will come....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2010, 08:34:48 PM »

Your day will come....
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: Thank you, thank you very much!!!

All I got to say is that better be O/B poop coming down that chimney otherwise Santa is going to be in a big pile of chit. ;) :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2011, 04:31:18 PM »

I just heard today from a Dealer principle that the problem with the Green Kryptonite paint was that the paint faded with a few days when subjected to sun light, this was noticed at the dealer meeting or maybe at another large event it was found that the side of the bike which was subjected to direct sunlight faded  and was therefore a different color from the shaded side!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.834 seconds with 21 queries.