Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Bad news for kryptonite bikes  (Read 25887 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Bad news for kryptonite bikes
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2010, 09:56:39 PM »

Question......

is it cheaper to get existing parts blacked out

or do you just buy new blacked out parts and try to salvage some cost by selling old parts?

2nd question, can you even buy the original parts new in a "blacked out" version?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »

That all depends on if you have a local powder coater.  Here on Long Island, they are everywhere!  I just had some parts done in anticipation of the bike coming next week (before I found out about the paint issue). If you already have the parts, it should be a lot cheaper to just powder coat them. IMO! As far as buying new parts blacked out, most of the parts are available in black from the MoCo.  Pick up a free copy of the 2011 P & A book at your dealer.....they are all in there except, CVO specific parts like the Rumble collection and the dash etc.

Glenn
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:05:09 AM by slotbike »

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 08:56:54 AM »

Good luck with that one.  You can't even buy a flawless $100K Mercedes.  Best lower your expectations a little, or you'll never buy anything.  :nixweiss:

:devil:

/quote]

HARLEYS are like babies    They all got a birthmark somewhere.

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:59 PM »

Grubby, on the HDFORUM photoshopped this "again" for me to include some of the other mods I want to do.  Black crash bar, timer cover, floor boards and brake lever.

Glenn

Wouldn't it be nice if we could find a couple guys with the black ultras that wanted chrome rumble collection. I too have the same vision for my bike. That Photoshop is great.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »

Kid,

That stuff is gettable.....just ask your dealer or parts guy to get a Vin # from one of those bikes and put it in as an order for "crash" parts!  :)

G

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »

Kid,

That stuff is gettable.....just ask your dealer or parts guy to get a Vin # from one of those bikes and put it in as an order for "crash" parts!  :)

G

Thanks for the heads up, but i know how i can get em. It would just be nice to "trade" someone for the chrome ones i will allready have. Less $$$   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:06:39 AM by HD Kid »

tattoocrazy

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »

I would bet you won't see Kryptonite bikes at all.  Usually when there is a paint issue on baggers it is because the colors look different on the plastic parts than the metal.  They changed the color on my Phase III order and it's wait and see for my Phase IV orders.

Good luck to those of you waiting.  I saw the bike in Vegas at the show and it is amazing!

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

or someone else got the order in first for kryptonite paint........... :nixweiss:

2011 Mazda

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2010, 07:02:12 AM »

BT,

Now "that's" funny, good one! :D

G

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »

BT....you got me on this one!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »

Hi all
I recieved the dreaded call from my Motor Co dealer yesterday - I cannot have my kryptonite SG period! - I've been bumped to the orange with no other colour option available - I requested the black / crimson as an alternative & was bluntly told that it's orange or come pick up your deposit! This whole episode just sucks especially when I've sold my current ride for this bike. No greenies are coming to Oz at all. Amazing how a bike shop can play hard ball over a $46k sale in the current economy!! They should be kissing behinds big time over this & being a little more accommodating. The dream of a CVO is now badly tarnished. Guess I'll wait to see my orange in the flesh & then make a decision whether to sit out 2011 or not. I'm gutted.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 RED
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »

Hi all
I recieved the dreaded call from my Motor Co dealer yesterday - I cannot have my kryptonite SG period! - I've been bumped to the orange with no other colour option available - I requested the black / crimson as an alternative & was bluntly told that it's orange or come pick up your deposit! This whole episode just sucks especially when I've sold my current ride for this bike. No greenies are coming to Oz at all. Amazing how a bike shop can play hard ball over a $46k sale in the current economy!! They should be kissing behinds big time over this & being a little more accommodating. The dream of a CVO is now badly tarnished. Guess I'll wait to see my orange in the flesh & then make a decision whether to sit out 2011 or not. I'm gutted.

THAT SUCKS!!!!!

I wonder if all the export bikes were the phase THREE bikes that were canceled.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
2011 CVO FLHXSE2 Kryptonite DYNO 132.97 RWHP and 134.89 RWTQ, Woods CAM TW-9B, ported & polished heads, CFR 4" Black, V&H power duals Black, HPI 58MM Throttle Body, SE Injectors, Painted lids w/speakers, SE tuner

2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R SE Green Blaze Edition

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »

Hi all

Wow they have not told me that.  But I will check with my dealer on Tuesday

W

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »

W,

Phase 1 and 2 Kryptonite bikes, if not changed to another color, will be Phase 4, January delivery.  ALL Phase 3 Kryptonite bikes "MUST" be changed to another color OR the MOCO will change them to Orange or Black. Glenpick was talking about Australia (Oz).  The MOCO probably unallocated all the export Kryptonite bikes. :nixweiss:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2010, 08:14:28 AM »

W,

Phase 1 and 2 Kryptonite bikes, if not changed to another color, will be Phase 4, January delivery.  ALL Phase 3 Kryptonite bikes "MUST" be changed to another color OR the MOCO will change them to Orange or Black. Glenpick was talking about Australia (Oz).  The MOCO probably unallocated all the export Kryptonite bikes. :nixweiss:

Scared me there.    That makes sense
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.