Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Bad news for kryptonite bikes  (Read 25883 times)

jcd520

Re: Bad news for kryptonite bikes
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »

Bought a Black one over the weekend and the dealer told me that HD said that 90% of the dealers ordered  green when they were released and the moco then asked many to change their color choice and then they just did it for them becuase they obviously couldn't produce that many in that color. Soooooooooo------- don't know if thats the true story or not, just thought I would pass along the newest gossip. Take it for what it is worth! CD

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »

NOT TRUE!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »

NOT TRUE!

Then what is?  What's the source and citation?  Information rather than assertion.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »

Well, for one.........the letter to the dealers (posted on this thread) that says it was a paint issue.  Second, I was at the dealer show and, like anything else....there was a huge group who "hated" the green. That along with the old school rumor that you shouldn't buy/ride a green bike.  The talk I heard, at the show,  was that there were a lot of mixed opinions on the green. You either loved it or hated it. Also, the statement that said they couldn't make that many bikes seems ridiculous.  The total run for CVO Street Glides is what, 3000 to 3500 bikes.  Harley paints 10's of thousands in Vivid Black.....why couldn't they paint 2000 in green? JMO based on what I saw, heard and have been told.

G
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:04:16 AM by slotbike »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »

Well, for one.........the letter to the dealers (posted on this thread) that says it was a paint issue.  Second, I was at the dealer show and, like any thing else....there was a huge group who "hated" the green. That along with the old school rumor that you shouldn't buy/ride a green bike.  The talk I heard, at the show,  was that there were a lot of mixed opinions on the green. You either loved it or hated it. JMO based on what I saw, heard and have been told.

G

You weren't around here when the 06s had all their paint issues.  Significant problems with terrible paint.  All coupled with multiple stories from the dealers and the MoCo about what was and wasn't going on.  Many men got new paint out of it.  But the response from Mother Harley wasn't easy or universal as some got dicked around while having exactly the same problems as others who got new paint.  And there were "letters" from Harley offering guidance on the problem.

This is only to say that (for this episode and others [like the 110 engine "enhancement" that wasn't a recall]) this audience isn't immediately going to believe it just because Harley put it in a letter.

Being at the dealer show and seeing that people either loved or hated it simply has no bearing on what the production problem might or might not be.  You end by saying your uncited assertion is based on "what [you] saw, heard and have been told."  The other gentlemen you dismissed actually said exactly the same thing.  Except he actually cited his dealer for his suggestion as to what was going on. 

Neither offer anything actually definitive.  Just guys curb racing wondering about their Kermit bikes.  It's all good.  But none of it really brings anything new to the party.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »

I did not dismiss what my fellow forum member said, I dismissed what his dealer told him in reference to the statement that the MOCO can't produce that many bikes in one color!.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:21:39 AM by slotbike »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »

I did not dismiss what my fellow forum member said, I dismissed what his dealer told him.

I'm terribly sorry then.  When you quoted the member's post and responded (all caps) with:

NOT TRUE!

...it seemed a response to the post rather than the dealer's assertions within the post.  There is a handy but rarely used post-English-translator that the site offers that can correct such things.  Let me run it quickly to sort things out:

NOT TRUE!

presto-change-o mode=on

Your dealers remarks are interesting.  Based on seeing the interest in the green bikes at the dealer show; no, wait, that really doesn't impact the paint production issue.  Well, anyway, based on my own uncited assertions and the letter from the MoCo your dealer might be in error.  Have a nice day.  And notice I didn't YELL at all.  Thank you.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »

You know Twolane, I see from just a few posts that you like to stir the pot.  Just because my cap lock was on doesn't mean that I said or meant what you thought I said. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »

Just because my cap lock was on doesn't mean that I said or meant what you thought I said. 

Can't argue with that.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »

wow  you guys are killin me.....like i said i am going to ask dealer on tuesday...what the h is goin on

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »

bump   :oops:
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2010, 07:25:53 PM »

Hi all
I recieved the dreaded call from my Motor Co dealer yesterday - I cannot have my kryptonite SG period! - I've been bumped to the orange with no other colour option available - I requested the black / crimson as an alternative & was bluntly told that it's orange or come pick up your deposit! This whole episode just sucks especially when I've sold my current ride for this bike. No greenies are coming to Oz at all. Amazing how a bike shop can play hard ball over a $46k sale in the current economy!! They should be kissing behinds big time over this & being a little more accommodating. The dream of a CVO is now badly tarnished. Guess I'll wait to see my orange in the flesh & then make a decision whether to sit out 2011 or not. I'm gutted.

Don't discount the orange yet. I am looking to upgrade and was not impressed by any of the colors (no blue??). Anyway I settled on the Kryptonite or Orange. This week I found a dealer with an orange one. In the warehouse, it was nice but really didn't grab me. Then he rolled it out in the sun and it was like somebody punched me in the head. It was stunning. Before you make a decision on the orange, judge it by how it looks outside, not in the showroom. Unbelievable difference!
2011 FLHXSE2

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2010, 07:22:23 AM »

Hey David
I'm starting to feel very positive now about being changed to the orange - a number of the pics posted here so far show the orange looking stunning in the sun - when I first got the news on Saturday that I could not have my Krypto - i was devastated - but now i'm feeling I may have been done a huge favour - thanks for your view here - just hope we can see more orange pics soon.

Don't discount the orange yet. I am looking to upgrade and was not impressed by any of the colors (no blue??). Anyway I settled on the Kryptonite or Orange. This week I found a dealer with an orange one. In the warehouse, it was nice but really didn't grab me. Then he rolled it out in the sun and it was like somebody punched me in the head. It was stunning. Before you make a decision on the orange, judge it by how it looks outside, not in the showroom. Unbelievable difference!
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »

Here's a pic I took in the parking lot. Some opinions thought this was more peach colored. It is NOT EVEN CLOSE to peach. Stunning. I'm have never been a fan or orange but I have got to get one of these. And will soon hopefully.
2011 FLHXSE2

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »

Here's a pic I took in the parking lot. Some opinions thought this was more peach colored. It is NOT EVEN CLOSE to peach. Stunning. I'm have never been a fan or orange but I have got to get one of these. And will soon hopefully.
it's ok but the green will really be a rare bike.  Especially if some of the green bikes get moved to orange.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.