Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear running light / brake light / turn signal  (Read 1855 times)

Romanstar

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible FLSTSE
Rear running light / brake light / turn signal
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »

Does anybody know if it is possible to install on rear turn signal the visor kit 69756-05? Has anybody done this mod already? Since in the front it is I would like to maintain the same look. Looking at the pictures in the forum it seems also that the European version it's different than US one, is it true? Ciao e grazie.

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
Re: Rear running light / brake light / turn signal
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 02:01:58 PM »

69756-05 are visors with amber lenses with dual filament bulbs. In the USA the fronts are running lights and turn signals and use the dual filament bulbs with smoked lenses but no visors. The rear are turn signal and brake and running and use the dual filiment bulbs and red lenses. In short, the housings here are the same front or rear and you just need to pick the lense color you need for your application.

Unfortunately, yours are definately different and I do not think you can change out the lenses....but you may be able to add just the visor part to your existing lenses with some care.

I like smoked lenses and visors all around so I used 2 sets of 69758-05 with red 1157 LED's in rear and amber 1157 LED's in front and a signal stabilizer.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:18:07 PM by ezpgh »

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »

Interesting!  I have not looked that close at this bike.  Are those L.E.D.'s in there?
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Romanstar

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 02:11:45 PM »

Interesting!  I have not looked that close at this bike.  Are those L.E.D.'s in there?
There are 3 types of leds, red for running, dark red for brake lights and amber for turn signal.

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 02:20:06 PM »

There are 3 types of leds, red for running, dark red for brake lights and amber for turn signal.

That answers the question then, you can not use another lense. Personally, I would buy the visor ones and remove the lenses that come with them and attatch them to your existing lenses.

I like that bulb set up you have and wish we had that option here.

BTW, my family comes from MAIOLO. I hope to get there some day.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:27:15 PM by ezpgh »

Romanstar

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »

That answers the question then, you can not use another lense. Personally, I would buy the visor ones and remove the lenses that come with them and attatch them to your existing lenses.

I like that bulb set up you have and wish we had that option here.

BTW, my family comes from MAIOLO. I hope to get there some day.
Maiolo is a little town in Marche region, it is our East, still in the center of the country. Marche region was part or the Pope's Kingdom up to 1860. At that time US was already a modern republic. Definitely you have to come once to visit your origin!

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »

So this is why I saw something in print that the rear lights were LEDs and not user servicable. I noticed that my bike has dual filiment bulbs and after reading the non-user servicable note I wondered why I could not service them?? But then I just thought HD had a mid-year equioment change that did not make it to print. Yea, I would have liked to have the LEDs also!!

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.