Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHRSE3 Recall Help!  (Read 4099 times)

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
FLHRSE3 Recall Help!
« on: April 07, 2010, 07:47:09 PM »

Hi gang,

My FLHRSE3 is finally going in for the recall during the final leg of the bulletin (spent another year in Afghanistan).  I lost the rear cylinder gasket at 2600 miles before I parked it.  My question is, while it is in what else do I need them to look at.  If I remember right, crank run out was a problem.  Anything else?  Compression release valves too I think were an issue.

Please help as I will have them come and get it this week.
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: FLHRSE3 Recall Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:29:08 PM »

Have them check all your connectors for the electronic throttle system. see the attached tech bulletin
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=43982.msg667330#msg667330  I'd have them put the Dielectric grease on the pins while they're at it.

Give your tomb stone tail light a firm tug, this is a part they know likes to fall off. They've "improved" the mounting bracket.

Welcome back and good riding on your scoot.

JW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »

Attached is the service bulletin on the "upgrade" that applies to your 2007 SERK.  Basically, it consists of replacing the top end gaskets (head gasket, base gasket, etc.) and the automatic compression releases.  The kit for the SERK doesn't include the heads that came with the kit for the CUSE; I would ask them to check the valve guides and valve stem seals while they have it apart.

I don't know if they will check the crank runout for you, as that isn't part of the upgrade and H-D won't pay them to check it.  On the other hand, once they've got the top end torn down it doesn't take all that much more to pull the cam plate and check the runout.  If they won't do it without being paid, offer to pay the slight labor difference.  It will be worth it for the peace of mind.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:01:35 PM »

I missed you have an 07. Never mind on the TBW stuff. You still have cables, lucky dude!

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:10 PM »

Have them check all your connectors for the electronic throttle system. see the attached tech bulletin
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=43982.msg667330#msg667330  I'd have them put the Dielectric grease on the pins while they're at it.

Give your tomb stone tail light a firm tug, this is a part they know likes to fall off. They've "improved" the mounting bracket.

Welcome back and good riding on your scoot.

JW

Really?  Wow!  I had no idea that there have been reports of this.  Nothing worse than tooling down the road your taillight flops of on the rear fender causing damage.!

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »

Welcome home!!!  Your service to our country is greatly appreciated.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 01:45:08 PM »

Okay, this has been a painful decision...

I have had my FLHRSE3 repaired 3 times with new gaskets and even resealed the entire case.  In fact, after the last repair, it was leaking oil on the ride home from the dealership.

So my decision is to trade it on, it has 3,100 miles on the clock and has spent more time in dealers shops than my own garage.  At both local dealers so many used CVO's on the floor, upon inspection I can see that that have been re-sealed and some are active leakers.  So my decision is the same as the other owners.

New bike is a 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited.  Goodbye CVO....  Once bitten, twice shy!

I truly enjoyed the forum and the help I received; however, I must say goodbye to the CVO.

Thank you for everything!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »

Okay, this has been a painful decision...

I have had my FLHRSE3 repaired 3 times with new gaskets and even resealed the entire case.  In fact, after the last repair, it was leaking oil on the ride home from the dealership.

So my decision is to trade it on, it has 3,100 miles on the clock and has spent more time in dealers shops than my own garage.  At both local dealers so many used CVO's on the floor, upon inspection I can see that that have been re-sealed and some are active leakers.  So my decision is the same as the other owners.

New bike is a 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited.  Goodbye CVO....  Once bitten, twice shy!

I truly enjoyed the forum and the help I received; however, I must say goodbye to the CVO.

Thank you for everything!
Sorry to hear they can't get your bike fixed and reliable for you.... However you can say goodbye to CVO's, but you don't have to say goodbye to the site...

We can (and would love to) help you spend money on that new Limited. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »

Well, There is such good information and people here, that I decided I'd stick around!

The Screamin' Eagle Road King has been traded and now sits inside a local dealer awaiting it's new owner, while I've been enjoying the New Electra Glide Ultra Limited.

Here is a pic of the bike, matches my truck perfectly or vise versa, lol

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.