Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SESG heated seat/grips  (Read 2187 times)

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
SESG heated seat/grips
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:35:08 PM »

Anybody have any comments on availability of these or has anyone installed either.  Can the SEUC heated parts be used?  I definitely need heated grips!
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
Re: SESG heated seat/grips
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »

Yes. I had mine done. They had a hard time making it happen for some reason. But they finally got them in and they work well. I had them on a few bikes. I had to replace a few, some of them just wont last long, but the last set I had on my 06 SG are still working, the guy that got my bike said.
TJ

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:12:52 PM »

Did you use the SEUC heated grips?  Can you get the part number for me that you used?

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »

You could use this product

http://www.heeters.com/snbgrips.shtml

then you can use any style of grip you wish.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »

Did you use the SEUC heated grips?  Can you get the part number for me that you used?
Sorry,dont have the part number. They had to special order them. Standard 2010 SEUC grips.
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 08:52:56 AM »

I've got a heated seat......Corbin.  I have the Gerbing jacket liner and glove so have not seen the need for heated grips.  I do fine down to about 30F. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »

What dealer are you going through?  Mine is saying they think the inernal wiring is going to be a problem when you order the parts from Harley as they will ship the rumble style grip heated but not for the internal wiring.  Any thoughts?

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

What dealer are you going through?  Mine is saying they think the inernal wiring is going to be a problem when you order the parts from Harley as they will ship the rumble style grip heated but not for the internal wiring.  Any thoughts?
That makes sense. my dealer had to break it down through the parts book. They got some in them had to send them back. About a week later they had all the parts. I have a suspicion that it may have had something to do with the protected part rule. Someone else here would know more about those rules. Ill pm you the dealer

TJ

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 08:27:30 PM »

Sounds exactly like the problem I am running into.  I hate to tell my dealer how to do their job, but this forum provides so much info that my dealer could never find out about the CVOs.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »

Sounds exactly like the problem I am running into.  I hate to tell my dealer how to do their job, but this forum provides so much info that my dealer could never find out about the CVOs.
[/b]

That's happened for many of us over the years.  It's really frustrating when you go into the dealership and some senior tech. with years of experience (knows it all and everybody thinks he's God) tells you that you don't know what you're talking about, that it's his career and we need to let him decide what's right and what's wrong......and you have to talk them into finally calling the MoCo to confirm that you know what you're talking about and that senior tech. with all the years of experience didn't know. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 09:50:38 PM »

Yep.  I sound like a know it all at the dealer, but all I do is go online to the forum at the dealers computer and they are amazed at what I got from this site before my bike even arrived.  I just need them to figure out the heated grips on his own because he had no interest in me telling him TJStreetglide did it to his at the dealer, I saw it on the forum.  But I have two months before riding season so hopefully the MoCo will release the secret to the dealer.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 08:37:39 AM »

Hey DABB, at least you can get them to look at the internet.  At my local dealership they don't even want to look at it.  They say "because it's on the internet doesn't make it right".  They're pretty bent on knowing it all.......till I get them to call the MoCo.

West Coast GTG   

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 02:38:22 AM »

And at the end, what do you exactly need to install the heated grips and what are the difficulties with the internal wired handlebars ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.