Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: pipes for 06  (Read 1206 times)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
pipes for 06
« on: March 18, 2006, 05:48:22 PM »

i just bought new 06 cvo fat boy with 2 into 1 D&D headers it had 30 miles on it allready, also i made them (find) my stock pipes that came on bike, i really like the D&D pipes, they also said they did down load when they changed pipes, i am not new to bikes so i think i know enough but with F.I and all guess i dont just read where someone is going to wait 1000 miles before he changes his pipes, why? if you still take it somewhat time to break in why worry over pipe change? also they did add cost of pipes and download to my total cost of bike, it will pop a little if i dont warm it up long enough or if i de-cell from higher rpm but they arent cheap at over 600.00 bucks i checked with D&D and they are one of the best, some people think they are to loud but they have race baffle inside, oh well why sweat some things, you have to pay to play!!! also had 95 inch 05 fat boy i traded, this 103 would whip that ass if i raced against it, just a newby running my head, peace my brothers!!!!   [smiley=jalapeno.gif]  
TOM

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
Re: pipes for 06
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 07:21:14 PM »

Get a power commander.  That download probably didn't richen it up much.  These are very lean from the factory.  Just follow the breakin procedures in your owners manual, the pipes shouldn't affect it.  I threw a p-commander on mine within 100 miles and it ran much better and most likely cooler.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 09:55:10 PM »

purple haze, you said they put the cost of a download in the sale price... i would assume that means you bought a Race Tuner? It took them 3 tries but once I got 800 miles they tuned the popping out of mine... You have to ask them to take the fuel away on decel.. and tell them you want your A/F line to look like a straight edge.....The difference is night and day....good luck

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 01:36:11 PM »

Also the break in period is a bunch of crap, they red lined your bike on the Dyno before they delivered it to you right at the factory as soon as it rolled off the assembly line. Ride it how you ride it and the power will be there, baby it during break in and you will find it lacking later.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.