Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: S  (Read 1184 times)

egultrac

S
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »

?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:05:02 AM by egultrac »
08 FLHTCUSE3, 09 FLHTCUSE4, 15 FLTRUSE, 17 FLHTKSE, 19 FLHTKSE, 19 FLTRXSE.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2011 FLSTSE2 "Advanced Braking System (ABS)" ??
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »

Maybe this has already been covered somewhere else. But on page 7 of the 2011 CVO brochure, the MoCo calls the CVO Softail ABS a "New Advanced Braking System (ABS)". Yet it's always been, and still is referred to as an "Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)" for all the other CVOs'. Does anyone know if there is any difference? Is the Softail ABS a linked system?

Just a little extra hyperbole from the brochure author.  ABS is still Anti-Lock Brakes; I guess he should have coined a new acronym for the brochure (NABS), and then in the interest of accuracy he could have explained it's only new and advanced to Harley while it's really old news to the rest of the world.

As best I can tell, it is not a linked system.  They did set up two separate pumps (HCU's), one for the front and one for the rear, which is different than the Touring models and probably done due to space limitations and brake line routing issues. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.