Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2  (Read 1929 times)

RidgecrestCVO

Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2
« on: September 12, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

Just finished up the install, loaded tune now I'm going for a ride. Sounds GREAT!

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
Re: Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »

Looking good! I can't wait to hear the tune result.

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:53:17 AM »

DAMN!  I have seen several pix here with the V&H Big Radius pipes and I thought they just might not look too good for our "style" of bike...but... wow!

What tuner are you running? Hows that windshield?  8)

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:08:32 AM »

We are both using the TTS Mastertune. I have a spot on map if you go that way.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:53:29 PM by ezpgh »

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:32:14 PM »

We are both using the TTS Mastertune. I have a spot on map if you go that way.

Funny thing happened on the way to deciding which tuner...pipes..etc....

I asked my dealer since I have a 4 year extended "warranty" if I would be covered if I used a TTS or the other tuner.  He said it was a gray area and furthermore, some of the aftermarket tuners may not be reliable in long term use causing problems. He recommended the HD race tuner and have them tune it.... This way I would have my extended warranty and my cake too...  I see this as a sales pitch but am not ready to purchase right now so I left it til another time..  But those pipes look soooooo good!!

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »

Funny thing happened on the way to deciding which tuner...pipes..etc....

I asked my dealer since I have a 4 year extended "warranty" if I would be covered if I used a TTS or the other tuner.  He said it was a gray area and furthermore, some of the aftermarket tuners may not be reliable in long term use causing problems. He recommended the HD race tuner and have them tune it.... This way I would have my extended warranty and my cake too...  I see this as a sales pitch but am not ready to purchase right now so I left it til another time..  But those pipes look soooooo good!!

The HD tuner will not work properly on these bikes, you'll be very disappointed. Besides, they were originally mfged by MaterTune so anyone that thinks they are better are nuts. The TTS is more advanced than the HD SEST and has more options. As far as the warranty goes, there is nothing attatched to your bike so nobody knows but you anyway and if there ever was an issue you can set the ecm back to factory. Talk with Wiz or Doc before you decide. Everything is a gray area when it comes to HD's warranty, they have even told customers they can not change their own oil without voiding the warranty.

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »

The HD tuner will not work properly on these bikes, you'll be very disappointed. Besides, they were originally mfged by MaterTune so anyone that thinks they are better are nuts. The TTS is more advanced than the HD SEST and has more options. As far as the warranty goes, there is nothing attatched to your bike so nobody knows but you anyway and if there ever was an issue you can set the ecm back to factory. Talk with Wiz or Doc before you decide. Everything is a gray area when it comes to HD's warranty, they have even told customers they can not change their own oil without voiding the warranty.

Hey EZ !  I am from North Hills!  Moved umpteen years ago to VB... More riding time  :coolblue:   So where are you in the Burg?  I'll look you u when I take a ride up there next spring....it IS snowing there already, right   :pumpkin:

Asa far as what you said... I can believe that!  Thanks for the info..

GO PENNS!!!!

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 04:24:02 PM »

CVO Pilot, I am in Carrick. Snow? God I dread the thought of that but we have about the best weather all year right now, 75-80 and sun the past 2 weeks. Buried in snow last winter from mid December thru March then summer broke out. You know we don't have spring here anymore. If I ever get out of here i'm headed to Arizona where I can ride 365. Look me up, maybe we can catch a Pens game at the new arena while we're at it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:29:34 PM by ezpgh »

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 05:08:10 AM »

CVO Pilot, I am in Carrick. Snow? God I dread the thought of that but we have about the best weather all year right now, 75-80 and sun the past 2 weeks. Buried in snow last winter from mid December thru March then summer broke out. You know we don't have spring here anymore. If I ever get out of here i'm headed to Arizona where I can ride 365. Look me up, maybe we can catch a Pens game at the new arena while we're at it.

Of course, if you get to VB I'll give you the outter banks, western VA tour...  Nice WX here right now, too. MUCH better than the 95+ dayz we were having.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.