Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Radio Quit  (Read 700 times)

SEFAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Radio Quit
« on: March 12, 2006, 09:32:30 PM »

Today I left for a planned three hour ride. I rode twenty minutes and stopped for gas. When I pulled in I was jamming to a cd. Left the gas station and was unable to get sound out of my radio.  All buttons and functions worked fine but no sound. I could switch to cd and watch the track and timer move. I switched to radio and it showed an fm station tuned in but no sound. I could adjust the treble, bass, and volume but had no sound. Turned unit off and on several times no help. I even pulled bike over and shut it off and restarted no help. While eating lunch I tried it in the acc. position and run position with bike not running still nothing. When I got home I checked all fuses no problems found. Now the kicker. Got home around 2:00pm. Parked bike and left it for 5 hours. Turned ignition on and radio functioned fine. Could it be a loose wire or ground. Bike was garaged before trip. Has anyone expierenced this before. My search of the site showed a lot of cd skipping problems but I was unable to find anything like this. Any ideas. I'm sure if I take it in while it's working I'll get one of those "can't duplicate problem" excuse my local dealer loves to use when they don't want to warranty things.

SPIDERMAN

Re: Radio Quit
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:56:19 PM »

Sounds like a job for the Hawg Wired bunch send em a PM, they're on the thread for group discounts or whatever it is They helped my bro Screamin_Beagle fix another bro's Ultra Classic when his system went to that great Radio Shack in the sky.

Big B

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Radio Quit
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 01:05:39 PM »

hd-dude will probably have some answers for you if you send him a PM.

Seems like I remember a simular problem on one of my Ultra Classics in the past but don't remember what the cause was.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 21 queries.