Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: P/C vs R/T  (Read 1855 times)

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
P/C vs R/T
« on: May 05, 2004, 03:12:02 PM »

I know that I have seen discussion on this board somewhere, but I can't find it. I would like to know from anyone who has had experience with both the Screamin Eagle race tuner and the Power commander. I can't make up my mind on which way to go. It comes down to who you talk to. There seems to be pros and cons to both. Talk to a harley wrench and they (of course) say hands down the race tuner. But ....... there again, they get their moolaa from H/D. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: P/C vs R/T
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 03:19:59 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the thread that you were looking for.....  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cvo_gen;action=display;num=1079649912
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 09:35:45 AM »

Thanks JCZ, I went to the link and read all the posts. I have had power commanders on my other F/I harleys, and not had any problems. It sounds like harley went way out of their way to make sure you can only download their maps, and not share. At least with the power commander, you can put it on a different bike. You can share maps that others have done, and even go to their web sight and get maps. It is also cheaper! I think I have given h/d all the money they are going to get.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 02:55:39 PM »

you can't change the rev limiter with the pc that was it for me, chicago harley davidson online buy the racetuner for $368 just a few dollars more. [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

starvin

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 04:06:06 PM »

77:  you can share maps on the race tuner also, but your right you can't use the RT on any other bike. the RT is more programable but there are very few people who know how to take advantage of all its capable of. with the PC you have to mount the unit under the seat there is nothing that stays on the bike with the RT. If your just going to add extra fuel though the power curve I think the PC can do that just as good as the RT. The data mode is fun to play with on the RT and if you really want to get into performance you could learn how to get usefull info from it but it is possible to do something that could harm your motor.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.