Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield Bag or Easypass holder  (Read 2172 times)

doa

• FLHRSEI2
Windshield Bag or Easypass holder
« on: March 16, 2006, 10:59:58 AM »

Will be going to MB this year in May and I'm  going to miss my old Windshield Bag (Old Bike).
Want to know if any of you have found a windshield bag or something to hold some odds and end (cell Phone) that would  work well on the FLHRSEI2

Thanks
Mike

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Windshield Bag or Easypass holder
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:58:41 PM »

Sorry man nothing around my neck of woods, I sub for the rear side guard bags, not as handy.
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 11:03:19 PM »

2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

doa

• FLHRSEI2
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:45:57 AM »

Bill

I was thinking about that one, But from what I read you have to do some drilling.
 I'm not sure I want to be doing that LOL

Have you tried it out ?

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 09:55:23 AM »

I use (2) small HD young ladies purses (available at the dealer) with a bar and shield logo embossed on them.  The mount either side of the tach.  I cut the straps off and drill a hole in the back.  A longer bolt and spacer is needed to then attach it to one of the windshield mounting bolts.  Basically the sit either side of the tach at the same level as a normal w/s bag.  

The only downside is that the head of the attachment bolt is inside of the bag and can scratch items like sunglasses.  You can cover that with tape or velcro.

TB
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 11:30:40 PM »

Will be going to MB this year in May and I'm  going to miss my old Windshield Bag (Old Bike).
Want to know if any of you have found a windshield bag or something to hold some odds and end (cell Phone) that would  work well on the FLHRSEI2

Thanks
Mike

Bought this last year for my FLHRSEI2....works great with the tach.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Very solid 100% leather and mounts up with three of your windshield bolts.  Leather was pretty thick when I first put it on so had to use 1/4" longer screws till it took a "set" then replaced back with the regular screws.

American Eagle Leatherworks
(864) 292-8810

It's called a 'Split Windshield Bag' (plain version/not studded) for $99 + $15
s&h.

www.eagleleatherworks.com

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:31:45 PM »

I like the looks of that bag set up. It looks like it'll hold cell phone or sunglasses, etc. and that's about it true ?

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 12:04:15 AM »

I like the looks of that bag set up. It looks like [highlight]it'll hold cell phone or sunglasses, etc. and that's about it true ? [/highlight]

CVOJOE-

Yup, you are correct.
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 08:14:30 PM »

Ordered one today, will take some pics after install on full size windshield. Here's pic from their website. ADDED: [smiley=worthless.gif] will try on the smaller OEM smoked windshield as well, just tend to use the larger one in the cooler months.[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:59:38 AM by CVOJOE »

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 11:44:33 PM »

I guess I should have mentioned that I mounted mine to a full size windshield which also has the 100th anniv. trim.  I think the compact OEM smoked windshield has the same bolt pattern as a full size...its been quite a while since I last looked at it/used it.  If someone were using that style of windshield and wanted to go w/the split bag, they might want to first verify that the mounting pattern is the same as the full size before ordering.  

Otherwise, enjoy.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 10:48:05 PM »

Won't work on the short, smoked windshield without punching some mounting holes down lower on the compartments and mounting it just above the windshield cross-bar. Not sure if I want to do that yet. Also won't work with the adjustible windshield but does bolt right on the standard windshield. Nice quality product and recommended except for the fitament issues with certain windshields. I'll drop the mfg. a note telling them to maybe add the caveat on the fitament.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.