Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 cvo convertible question?  (Read 1686 times)

mn.cvo

2011 cvo convertible question?
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »

I was wondering if anyone with a 2011 convertible could tell me how many FOBS came with your new keyless ignition?  I only got one, and think this is rather strange?
I will introduce myself and post some pictures when I have a little more time.

Thanks
Rick

mn.cvo

2011 cvo convertible question?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »

I mistakenly posted this question  in the street glide forum, but what I would like to know is-----how many FOBS came with your 2011 cvo softail convertible?  I only got one and this seems a little strange to me?  Will introduce myself when I get a little more time.

Rick

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: 2011 cvo convertible question?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »

You should have received two keys two Fobs and a gold key matched to your bike.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 11:00:12 PM »

Ditto the above answer as well as 1 key knockout that gives the key number.  Also you should have received a CVO cover as well.  There was some discussion about whether the gold key/cover would continue for 2011 as they are not listed in the CVO booklet but MoCo came thru one more time with the tradition.  And of course your nice little mp3 player and velour storage bag.  Did you get all these?  Did you buy the bike brand new?  Almost seems like a silly question this early in the game but stranger things have happened.  And of course, what color did you get???  Pork.    Welcome to the forum. 

mn.cvo

how many fobs come with 2011 convertible?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »

Everyone that has answered has had a regular ignition.  I need to know how many fobs come with the NEW keyless ignition on the 2011 CVO convertible.  I only got one, and think that is a little strange.

Rick

I will formally introduce myself when I get a little more time.

Rick

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 06:02:22 PM »

MN---  I'm here to tell you I bought the 2011 Scarlet Red convertible and it came with 2 fobs, a cover, and a gold key.  So, you should have received the same.     :)  Pork.

mn.cvo

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »

MN---  I'm here to tell you I bought the 2011 Scarlet Red convertible and it came with 2 fobs, a cover, and a gold key.  So, you should have received the same.     :)  Pork.

ahhh, finally got the answer I was looking for.  Thanks alot, Pork.  I guess I need to make a call back to the dealer for my extra Fob.  How you liking the new ride?  I only have about 250 miles on mine, buy sure am enjoying it.  Just sold my '09 BMW K1300GT.  I am over the speed thing.  Didn't really use much of the 160 HP.  I am just fine with the power of this CVO.  I have a set of Rush slip ons coming next week.  The 1.75 baffel.  Will let you know how they sound when I get them on.  Hoping they're not too loud.  My winter project is getting the smart siren 11 installed with pager and the garage door opener that works off the headlight.
Mn.cvo

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »

ahhh, finally got the answer I was looking for.  Thanks alot, Pork.  I guess I need to make a call back to the dealer for my extra Fob.  How you liking the new ride?  I only have about 250 miles on mine, buy sure am enjoying it.  Just sold my '09 BMW K1300GT.  I am over the speed thing.  Didn't really use much of the 160 HP.  I am just fine with the power of this CVO.  I have a set of Rush slip ons coming next week.  The 1.75 baffel.  Will let you know how they sound when I get them on.  Hoping they're not too loud.  My winter project is getting the smart siren 11 installed with pager and the garage door opener that works off the headlight.
Mn.cvo
I guess you didn't see Reply #2?? :confused5:

You should have received two keys two Fobs and a gold key matched to your bike.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 08:04:27 AM »

MN-- glad you are liking the new '11.  You have more miles than I do.  Not 200 yet.  But this new bike is smooth as glass on the accelleration and etc.  So far, a real joy to ride.  I am interested in learning more about that garage door opener as since they got away from the throttle cables, there is no place for me to hang my garage door opener without putting velcro somewhere, etc.  Email me at my personal address if you don't mind and we'll discuss it.  thanks.  Pork
Maybe I'll have a new winter project.......and then have something to report.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.