Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: solo seats pics please  (Read 4098 times)

Tom of VA

solo seats pics please
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »

I like my stock seat but, the solo seat look is growing on me. I was hoping someone could post some solo seat pics from different angles.  :)

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
Re: solo seats pics please
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:42:07 AM »

Randylee

• Full CVO Member
  • RN; USAF Medic ('97-present); USMC ('88-'92)

• CVO1: FXDFSE - Fat Bob (Black & Fire Quartz)
    • CVO2: aka 2002 Yamaha V-max (commuter bike)
    • CVO3: aka 2008 XL1200L (wife's Sportster)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:49:13 PM »

If you're interested in a Brown Leather Seat like what came stock on the 2010 FXDFSE2's...I can post some others here.  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:25:13 PM by Randylee »

Tom of VA

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:02:34 PM »

Looks nice.. gotta side view?

Randylee

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »

This is the closest to side view I have of bike w/ only Solo Brown Leather Seat.  There are a bunch of other pics of bike w/ additional Brown Leather accessories like saddlebags if you click around.   Ultimately, you'll probably have to see the Brown Leather on Fat Bob with your colors before your comfortable making the leap.  Wish I could help you with that.  You may have to go to your stealership, see if they have one around that you can try on.  Good luck.

Tom of VA

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 06:45:27 AM »

Thanks for the pic. I have a black solo seat coming. It's similar to your brown seat.

I pulled the orig seat to check things out. It's easy enough to remove the plastic clip from the captive nut in the fender and relocate it then move the black plug, however I notice the paint looked funny around the middle and smaller black plastic plug. The clear is nice but the base color has a weird ring around that hole. The discolored paint will show if I used my new solo seat. The idea was to show more the nice blue CVO paint, but with this funky spot it doesn't look so good. My bike is under warrenty and I mentioned it to the dealer while visiting for something else. The service assitant said HD doesn't cover paint defects on rear fenders because this paint should not show ("I should leave the factory seat on"). Since Harley was big on selling accessories like solo seats, I thought the whole rear fender should kinda look right? After all these are HD parts, not aftermarket seats. Anyway I would have been happy if he would have just looked at it instead of dismissing me so. He could have quoted policy after a "ya, I see what you mean" intead of making me feel dumb for asking. He really didn't seem too be busy with anything anyway. When I get it together I'll take another look and if I love the solo seat setup I'll buy one of those leather bibs which cover the fender top behind the solo seat or maybe go to a different dealer to for them take a look and get there ideas.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:49:31 AM by Tom of VA »

Randylee

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 02:02:03 AM »

Man o' man,  I'm sorry to hear that.  I first took my CVO seat off at around 300 miles and noticed some slight abrasions on the fender's paint made by the seat.  Also noticed superficial abrasion up front on the tank just above the mounting bolt where the CVO seat covered and rubbed a little higher than my current brown leather solo seat does.   Wish I would have taken CVO seat off earlier.  I even avoided riding my bike (with the CVO two-up seat) until I could mount the solo seat I had ordered.  Didn't want to make the abrasions any worse.  

In away...I'm torn, I proud of owning a CVO - having that distinction, I enjoy this website and love the looks of my bike but occasionally remind myself to relax...I don't want a show bike.  I bought my bike to ride.  I can't make it look brand new forever.

Good luck to us all.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:55:28 PM by Randylee »

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:59:35 PM »

How bout these?

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »

and this one

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 08:01:22 PM »

and this

Randylee

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 04:45:22 AM »

Nice Corbin seat, it looks really comfortable...and is that a Key Release?  I'm jealous.  That's the way HD should have sent them from the factory.  I'm a fan of the '09 CVO Fat Bob Leather & Alcantara Seat but not when it covers the majority of best part of the rear fender paint job.  And the back rest with the integrated cubby compartment - quite unique...I haven't seen that anywhere else.  Definitely stands out.  

I also noticed the added heel rests...does the left one actuate the shifter when upshifting w/ a push of the heel?

Thanks for the Pics.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:38:12 PM by Randylee »

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 07:31:23 AM »

No, just heel rests.

dees_1

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »

:jack:

It's kind of on topic, since I'm looking for a solo seat for my Fat Bob.....I like the seat and cubby slotbike has and was wondering about how comfortable it is.  I tend to go for long rides and the stock seat isn't as comfortable as I'd like.  I start to really feel fatigued after about 250 miles.  I bought this bike so I could do 500+ miles and the seat's just not going to allow that distance.

I'm considering a solo Sundowner with a back rest and luggage rack so I can use some sissy bar bags I have but am looking for something with a little storage. Don't want to put anything more than that on the bike.  Gotta keep it sleek.

Thanks!

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.