Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1992 Sturgis Dyna model mag wheels  (Read 4816 times)

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
1992 Sturgis Dyna model mag wheels
« on: October 19, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »

Anyone have the p/n of the 9-spoke mag wheels with orange pinstriped rim, which I believe came stock with the 1991 or 1992 Sturgis Dyna model. Not sure of exact year which that model was made.  Thanks.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: 1992 Sturgis Dyna model mag wheels
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »

Anyone have the p/n of the 9-spoke mag wheels with orange pinstriped rim, which I believe came stock with the 1991 or 1992 Sturgis Dyna model. Not sure of exact year which that model was made.  Thanks.

1991   I had one. It's now on the upper wall at HD Destination Daytona.

Have you tried the HD dealer for the part number??  It's just been too long to find it another way unless one of those online parts sites would have it.  Also I am not sure if Harley still carries them if you were going to buy them.

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »

CVOStreetglide-
Thanks for the input.  I did get the p/n's for the '91 Sturgis wheels.  They are obsolete. Although I haven't gotten any dealerships to do a nationwide search for me,  I did locate a used set at a local dealership.  Unfortunately for me, they were on the '91 Sturgis Dyna of the general manager.  It was after closing time when I rode onto their lot and saw the bike parked there. After a few minutes of staring at them, he came out after locking up from behind the shop and asked if he could "help me".  Told him I was interested in his "wheels", the actual wheels".  "Not for sale," he laughed, "but stop by tomorrow and we can do a nationwide search of all the H-D dealerships.  There are probably a few laying around in some of the older dealerships.". 
I've decided for now though, to go with the more common and less expensive 9-spoke black mag wheels, with no orange pinstriping.

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:25:20 PM »

43628-91  Wheel Assembly - 19"-9 spoke (red stripe)
41014-91  Wheel Assembly - 16"-9 spoke (black)
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 11:39:10 PM »

CVOStreetglide-
Thanks for the input.  I did get the p/n's for the '91 Sturgis wheels.  They are obsolete. Although I haven't gotten any dealerships to do a nationwide search for me,  I did locate a used set at a local dealership.  Unfortunately for me, they were on the '91 Sturgis Dyna of the general manager.  It was after closing time when I rode onto their lot and saw the bike parked there. After a few minutes of staring at them, he came out after locking up from behind the shop and asked if he could "help me".  Told him I was interested in his "wheels", the actual wheels".  "Not for sale," he laughed, "but stop by tomorrow and we can do a nationwide search of all the H-D dealerships.  There are probably a few laying around in some of the older dealerships.". 
I've decided for now though, to go with the more common and less expensive 9-spoke black mag wheels, with no orange pinstriping.

Well at least you are making progress. Now if only somebodyhas a set up in their attic or rafters.

GOOD HUNTING!!

Jerry

SuperGlideSport

• Junior CVO Member
  • Been there, done that. Time to do it again!

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 08:53:07 PM »

1991   I had one. It's now on the upper wall at HD Destination Daytona.

Have you tried the HD dealer for the part number??  It's just been too long to find it another way unless one of those online parts sites would have it.  Also I am not sure if Harley still carries them if you were going to buy them.

I've got a set of original cast wheels from a '92 Dyna Daytona Anniversary edition. These were taken off @ ~ 4,000 miles and have been in storage ever since. They're as new as you can find. These have the gold painted spokes and polished rim lips. You could always powder coat and stripe them to replicate the '91 Sturgis wheels.
2015 Dyna Switchback
2023 BMW R1250RT
2015 CVO RG Ultra-Sold
Burgundy Blaze & Typhoon Maroon
2013 Road King-Sold
Anniversary Vintage Bronze & Black
2008 Softail Deluxe-Sold
Copperhead Pearl & Red Hot

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.