Author Topic: 2 down  (Read 3324 times)

yourdozerman

• Junior CVO Member
  • I aint never had 2 much fun

• CVO1: 2004 pumpkin
    • CVO2: '65 glide
2 down
« on: October 24, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »

We had a man ( Mark Luhn) get killed yesterday here in Kentucky. The way I understand it he was comin around a corner and got a little in the other lane and must have panicked, hit his brakes and lost it goin head on with a car. That is the story I have gotten. I didn't know him real well, but do know he was a good guy. And today we went on a shop with a cop run (benefit for kids) and had an idiot in a car come up on stopped traffic and instead of goin right he came in the lane we were in and hit a bike head on. They said that the man had some head injuries and the woman had emergency surgery on her leg. All I know 4 now. It's gettin damn dangerous out there, seems alot worse than it used to be. Cell phones and crap like that must be a big part.
Never forget the ones who have cleared the path for you.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: 2 down
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »

It's always sad to hear news such as this...  Condolences and God Bless to all involved.....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »

How sad! I just prayed for those involved. I agree, I see everyone on cell phones or texting while driving. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to outlaw usage while driving!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »

Sorry to hear abut the accidents, the guy on the bike as you say panicked and reacted wrong.  The head on by the car is shear lack of concentration when driving, cell phone text, eating etc.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »

Sorry to hear.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

yourdozerman

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:59:47 PM »

According to some friends, the 2 that were on the run are going to be alright.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »

Their very lucky, thank God they made it
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »

How sad! I just prayed for those involved. I agree, I see everyone on cell phones or texting while driving. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to outlaw usage while driving!
First condolances to the gentleman who passed and best wishes to the others for a speedy recovery.

But as to outlawing cell phone use... It's like everything else in this country, it's fixing the wrong thing.  Are you going to ban driving with a kid in the car?  I've had as many near misses from mommy dearest turning around to pop the pacifier, bottle or video game back in the rug rats mouth as I have from cell phones.  What about radios?  Teen angst boy digging for that latest file on the MP3 player or CD has almost had a head on with me, although I was in my truck so he'd have come out more dead than me.

My point is that we need harsher consequences for those who drive stupid.  Jail time.  Loss of personal property, not just a check from the insurance company.  Until people have to think about suffering for their stupidity they won't change their behavoir just because we pass a law.  We've got laws in some of the towns in my area now.  They get ignored.  And it's not like drunk driving were they can test you for it.  It's hard to prove anything with the cell phones until after the victim is dead and then they can check the phone records.

So educate yourself on how to stay safe.  Make sure you have escape routes at all times.  Leave exit space when stopped at the light and never relax but always look at the drivers coming up from all directions.  Never stop in nuetral.  Avoid riding in groups with people who aren't safe.  These are the things that will keep you alive.  Personal responsibility and action.  More laws haven't helped so far and they're not likely to start now.

Ride Safe,
JC

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:57:38 AM »

J-C,

Agreed!  Condolences to the injured folks mentioned above, I wish them the best.   People are just maniacs, riding seems to get more dangerous every day, our only defense is deliberate and planned out riding with a strong exit strategy!  :nixweiss:
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »

First condolances to the gentleman who passed and best wishes to the others for a speedy recovery.

But as to outlawing cell phone use... It's like everything else in this country, it's fixing the wrong thing.  Are you going to ban driving with a kid in the car?  I've had as many near misses from mommy dearest turning around to pop the pacifier, bottle or video game back in the rug rats mouth as I have from cell phones.  What about radios?  Teen angst boy digging for that latest file on the MP3 player or CD has almost had a head on with me, although I was in my truck so he'd have come out more dead than me.

My point is that we need harsher consequences for those who drive stupid.  Jail time.  Loss of personal property, not just a check from the insurance company.  Until people have to think about suffering for their stupidity they won't change their behavoir just because we pass a law.  We've got laws in some of the towns in my area now.  They get ignored.  And it's not like drunk driving were they can test you for it.  It's hard to prove anything with the cell phones until after the victim is dead and then they can check the phone records.

So educate yourself on how to stay safe.  Make sure you have escape routes at all times.  Leave exit space when stopped at the light and never relax but always look at the drivers coming up from all directions.  Never stop in nuetral.  Avoid riding in groups with people who aren't safe.  These are the things that will keep you alive.  Personal responsibility and action.  More laws haven't helped so far and they're not likely to start now.

Ride Safe,
JC

Well said, JC....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

yourdozerman

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »

You know it's crazy, you'd think with as many more people riding these days that there would be a lot more awareness, but I guess it's just that there is a lot more distractions. Cars are high tech with gadgets that take a book to figure out, let alone doing it while goin down the road, good point with the kids, ipod, etc. You hit the nail on the head when you said just have to be defensive. Problem is sometimes it just don't matter, but only the man above makes that call. Guess all I can say is God bless us all. Be safe to all of you on here.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 06:52:12 AM »

My money says the cage driver was somehow distracted (cell phone, radio, passenger, etc). Why cant people DRIVE when their driving.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 10:13:36 PM »

WELL SAID MY FRIEND
Life is not a dress rehearsal !

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.