Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 06 SEUC 103 what should I do with it.  (Read 1024 times)

snotrc

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Ultra Limited Palladium Silver/Blue
06 SEUC 103 what should I do with it.
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »

Hi Guys,
Need some help here as I'm getting a little confused!
I own a 06 SEUC 103 pretty much stock, Tmax w/auto tune, v&h true duals, cobra tri oval slip ons, k&n air filter, 24,000 miles. Otherwise stock. I bought her with 450 miles on her crashed. By the time I built her it sat for a year plus. Since I have owned it there has always been a small oil weep between the engine and trans on the top seam and that drives me nuts. Also the engine has a lot of blowby from the air cleaner. I have read all the articles on here about oil level and blowby but this engine will continue blowing oil no matter what the oil level is. I feel that the rings never seated well in the the cyls as the accident was so early in life.

I'm going to pull the motor to seal the trans and while the motor is out I want to pull the cyls and send them out to be checked, honed or bored if necessary. While apart I want to address the cam chain tensioner issue and change cams.

My questions are this, there is so much information on this site that I don't know what I should do for this motor and where to send the parts out to.  I am in central WI but if I am going to send out cyls and possibly heads they could be sent anywhere, I was thinking about s&s but I see other options here.

I am looking for a good pulling engine, some simple riding, some bar hoping power, daily rider to work, and cross country riding when we can get away.  I really don't want to do this in layers I want to do this and be done for a while. Most of my riding is in the 2000 to 4500 rpm range so I am looking for good torque range.

Please, suggestions what should I do with it, parts names types etc. Should I change oil pump, cam plate, lifters valve springs push rods, anything you can think of. I will send out cyls and heads what ever is necessary just don't know which way to go so I am looking for info from you guys.

Thanks very much
Mike.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.