Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Knight Prowler Cams TW-555  (Read 42545 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: Knight Prowler Cams TW-555
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »

:vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »

Being Bob Woods' largest account doesn't exactly make your opinions unbiased now, does it?  I bought a set of 6-6's from you a couple years ago based on your BS about it being quiet, and it turned out to be the BS I should have run from.  I bought the whole setup from you, and followed the directions in the manual.  I called you for help once and you told me "it ain't rocket science, you can figure it out".  Thanks for the after-sale support.  I eventually did figure it out, and those things were so loud that after about 6 months I couldn't stand it anymore.  Out they came.  They had more power than the Andrews I replaced them with, but I didn't miss the couple of HP I lost, because after a 5 hour ride I didn't hear that damn tapping anymore.

Sorry for the rant.  Back to your regularly scheduled program.

We HAVE NOT based our 30 plus years in business, by turning our back on a very, very, simple problem such as your describing.
Quite the contrary indeed!!!!!!!!!!!
A conversation with us DOES NOT end in what you are describing either, as we are very happy to help, always, as the legions of clients we have, can certainly agree with.
You are most certainly the very odd man out with the "noise" of a little Wood 6-6, once those pushrods are set correctly at .140-.150" into the lifter, as we ALWAYS reccomend.
You might want to re-direct your issues differently, as I take a mighty dim view of this type of behavoir, on a message board such as this.
Don't try to make these folks believe for one moment, that is how business is conducted here, because it just ain't so.
Have a wonderful day, and hope you feel better. :)
Scott

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »

We HAVE NOT based our 30 plus years in business, by turning our back on a very, very, simple problem such as your describing.
Quite the contrary indeed!!!!!!!!!!!
A conversation with us DOES NOT end in what you are describing either, as we are very happy to help, always, as the legions of clients we have, can certainly agree with.
You are most certainly the very odd man out with the "noise" of a little Wood 6-6, once those pushrods are set correctly at .140-.150" into the lifter, as we ALWAYS reccomend.
You might want to re-direct your issues differently, as I take a mighty dim view of this type of behavoir, on a message board such as this.
Don't try to make these folks believe for one moment, that is how business is conducted here, because it just ain't so.
Have a wonderful day, and hope you feel better. :)
Scott

I feel great, Scott.  That's just the way it went down.  You think I just make stuff up and post it on the internet?  How would I benefit from that?  I was simply relating my experience with Woods cams and with Hillside cycle.  You gave no such recommendations to me and it was YOU that I had the referenced conversation with.   I'm not new at this game, and I think I'm of at least average intelligence,  but I had questions and you blew me off.  I'm sure you don't treat every customer that way, but you did me.  I was disappointed because at that time I was a little nervous about doing the job myself because I hadn't worked with chain driven cams before.  I specifically asked you about support after the sale before I bought and of course you told me what I wanted to hear.  Oh well, live and learn, I guess.   The Andrews 54's turned out to be a much better choice, but that was 2 bikes ago now.

If it refreshes your memory any I live in Fort Worth.  If I recall correctly you had a friend that moved down here.   

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2011, 06:25:02 AM »

Not going to exchange words with you here, about your, at-home, cam install, that went sour.
If you would like, feel free to call us to discuss.
Scott

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2011, 08:37:17 AM »

Not going to exchange words with you here, about your, at-home, cam install, that went sour.
If you would like, feel free to call us to discuss.
Scott

I didn't say it went sour.  What I said was the the service I received from you after I sent you my money was disappointing and the Woods cams were noisy as hell, just like "legions" of other people complain about.  I'll call you if you want, but what's to discuss?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2011, 09:46:52 AM »

the Woods cams were noisy as hell, just like "legions" of other people complain about.

"Legions? Just my luck, I have missed the in crowd again.
My TW-7H cams in my 09 SEUC are no louder than the stock cams.
It's that damn 110 around those cams that makes the noise and worries me.
But I guess that's another discussion for another thread.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »

"Legions? Just my luck, I have missed the in crowd again.
My TW-7H cams in my 09 SEUC are no louder than the stock cams.
It's that damn 110 around those cams that makes the noise and worries me.
But I guess that's another discussion for another thread.

SBB

In hockey that'd be third man in.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »

In hockey that'd be third man win.
:huepfenlol2:

That's funny. 5 minutes in the sin bin for Chip!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »

:huepfenlol2:

That's funny. 5 minutes in the sin bin for Chip!

Oh geez, now I've got this really fun mental image stuck in my head of Chip on ice skates :huepfenlol2: .

That's almost as funny as me on ice skates.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2011, 10:43:50 AM »

I think this thread has been hijacked!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »

I think this thread has been hijacked!

Can you hijack a Zamboni?

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

Re: Re: Knight Prowler Cams TW-555
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »

Can you hijack a Zamboni?

I'm not touching that one  :)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2011, 01:31:02 PM »

Never heard anything negative about Hillsidecycle, hogsty.  On Tilley's advice, I went the Wood Performance TW-9FG's, among other new and improved mods, for Ol' Maudie's transplant.  Neal said she was considerably less noisy, as opposed to the Red-Shift 647's.  Makes me no nevermind anyway, as I don't hear much Cam noise at 5-6000 RPM.  Anxious to see how she performs.  As for being disgruntled with Performance mfgs, I can't relate.  Any problems I've had thus far, have been caused by my abuse.  When you change chit searching for more HP, its been my experience you cut reliabilty by about 50%.  That appears to be a little better than Stock HD at this time, so go ahead and pump it up.  A reliable, reptuable Engine Builder is the key.  I could build a Pan or a Shovel, but not these new Motors.  I let Don Tilley do that.  ;)  Later--HUBBARD         
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »

Hmmm as you see by my build yes most of it is from Hillside cycle, and woods,  I called Scott last year about a product from a competitor  that i was having problem, He never hesitated and jumped in to help, and nooo  bashing what so ever &  helped me  and advised me on what to do ,  I was impressed by that unbiased customer service and  have been to his shop last year with a buddy, We called that morning for a 107 kit for him, It took 5 hrs, To drive there and the pistons and freshly machined cylinders  were waiting for us on that very short notice  He was happy,   And yes I now have  their stg 4 heads and 107 kit ,  I sent a set of heads there in Nov and there was a major issue,  they had to be replaced,  I quickly found a set and sent them, and Hillside kept me in the same order to complete those stg 4 heads I now have, They couldve sent me to the end of the line for their  completion They didnt , Again unquestionable service,  We all know Hillsides reputation for power and that reputation is matched by their  service commitment.  Hands down,     If there is a unsolveable problem  they cant or wont fix the problem isnt Hillside!!!!!

Ive had many woods cams and they have been quiet as stock, with power and torque  :soapbox:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:34:20 PM by timtoolman »

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2011, 12:42:47 AM »

I'm glad things worked out for you, I really am.  I'm sure they must have lots of happy customers or they wouldn't be able to stay in business.  There isn't a business in the world with a 100% satisfaction rate.  I happen to be one of Hillside's unhappy customers.  I made the decision on the cam based on advice from Scott.  I can and do live with my decisions.  What was most disconcerting was the treatment I received from him after the sale.  That's what made me an unhappy customer. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.