Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 softail con. rider backrest?  (Read 2427 times)

snowman13%

2010 softail con. rider backrest?
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:01:22 AM »

I bought my wife a 2010 cvo softail and have been stumped trying to find a quality seat with a rider backrest. She is 58 and needs the  back support for long rides like to Sturgis or the Smokies. Need to find something over the winter or she will want to steal my Road King from me.

Dennis the Menace

• HD Tech
Re: 2010 softail con. rider backrest?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:52:39 AM »

Snowman, I did a lot of research on seats a few years back to look for HD alternatives.  Mustang and Corbin both make a good seat with rider backrest, for pretty much all HD models.  I would look there.

The Corbins have a harder seating surface than most any other seat, but they eventually break in to your butt after a lot of riding, and are then very comfortable.  A lot of folks cant endure the wait, however.  So, it may not be a good seat for your wife, initially.

Also, if she has padding issues, you can usually add a gel pad to most seats, to give an extra amount of cushion and spread the weight distribution/eliminate hot spots.  Something to keep in mind for any seat.

HTH

Dennis

TBATFAN

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Con V Crimson
    • CVO2: 2008 FDXSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna 287/1050
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:10:06 AM »

Check this out, my wife had the same issues. We came up with a 14" pillion from a fat bot and a 9" backrest from a heritage. They are great and fit like a glove. A few options on styles but I decided on a plain one because it seemed every bike has a different style or grain to the leather so they do not quite match the softail's rider seat.

The wife is very happy and can now ride with me as long as I want. Heck, she wants to ride more often than I do........ :bananarock:
2007 Electra Glide Classic ( My Geezer Glide )
Dark Cherry
2008 FXDSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna
Anniversary Edition 287/1050
2010 CVO ConV Crimson

snowman13%

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »

thx for the replies. I really wanted a Mustang seat for the wife's bike but no luck and no luck with Corbin either. Just to clear things a bit, my wife rides her own bike. The last thing she would ever want to do now is ride behind the ole man. She had a little issue with the new bike mainly because of the 200 back tire. She has to really throw body english into her curves and turns. thx again guys. Be safe. I am out.

TBATFAN

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Con V Crimson
    • CVO2: 2008 FDXSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna 287/1050
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »

Sorry, didn't read the thread completely!  BTW I called Mustang and they said they didn't make anything that would work as of yet. But I would bet that a seat from another type Harley would work. My dealer had no issue if I wanted to remove every seat on the showroom and try it on my bike. We spend over an hour fitting pads and pillions on my new ride till we found the best fit.........

That's customer service!! They were not going to let me go until we figured it out and got my wife the best possible combination!!!
2007 Electra Glide Classic ( My Geezer Glide )
Dark Cherry
2008 FXDSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna
Anniversary Edition 287/1050
2010 CVO ConV Crimson

Dennis the Menace

• HD Tech
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »

Sorry for the mis-information.  I do know Corbin made a Softail seat for 02 Fatboy with rider backrest, because I ordered one.  Back in 2003.  I didnt like it and the dealer took it back.  I suppose they no longer make them.  I thought the dealer told me at that time that Mustang also made one.  I could be mistaken, or perhaps they no longer offer one either.  I do remember not liking the look of the Mustang, so never pursued it.

But, again, this was on my 02 Fatboy.  Maybe they dont have a product that fits on the CVO.

Dennis

snowman13%

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 06:56:03 PM »

Hey you guys are great trying to help in fact if I cant find a rider backrest for Sweetie I am going to blame you guys. hahahaha. Just tryin to stay out of the dog house. Married 40 yrs. you tend to learn any trick that will work. Thanks again, you all are great.

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »

2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.