Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Rivera-tpp varible pressure clutch  (Read 8240 times)

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Rivera-tpp varible pressure clutch
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »

Has anyone used one of these yet on there scoot & if so what ya think of it?
    Lair [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
  • 05 SE Glide,,,niceeee eeeeee
Re: Rivera-tpp varible pressure clutch
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 07:17:59 AM »

I installed a variable pressure thing very similar to the Rivera that I bought off a guy named Hippo on one of the other forums. It went on an 02 Ultra with cams, 95 inch kit and head work.

It not only worked flawlessly, the reduced clutch effort was unreal, the shifts were much smoother, and neutral fell into place almost by itself.

At anything other than wide open it was just super.  Once you get into high rpms, the effort increases slightly due to the weights but then again, you have more pressure applied to the clutch pack, so no slipping.

I installed it myself and you just remove the derby cover and follow the instructions.  Beginning to end was less than 20 minutes.  Price was just around 200 bucks or so.  There are different models of the one I bought from Hippo, depending on your build, but it is a great value as far as I was concerned.

Tom

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:19:46 AM »

Tom thanks for the info, I remember the ones that Hippo were selling but at that time they were only for a few modles, but now that I use a Revera pro clutch now so I bought a TPP for my Deuce that has a jims 116'' and hope it works good when the motor is pulling it's hardest, if anything my rist will et a brake for a change.

Lair.

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:37:16 PM »

Well I installed that Rivera -TPP pressure clutch an it works just like they said it would, it's like having a lock up clutch for the drag strip but still acts like a normal clutch, the pull on the clutch handle feels likes it's a stock pull and what a relefe on the rist, I layed a nice patch with that that 240 tire and it never did that before, felt gggoooodddd!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 07:10:29 AM »

I would think the clutch pull is tons easier with your set up now, over the stock set up with that clutch.  Glad it all worked out.   You have to love it when you spend the bucks and something actually works as claimed.

Tom

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »

Tom
   Did you have any clearance problems between the Derby cover and the 4 weights?

Lair.

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 07:44:16 AM »

Did I have clearance problems with the derby cover?   Yes,,,sure did, I had a flywheel collection derby cover and the weights rubbed it a teenie bit.  I took it off and replaced it with the stock cover and it was ok.

I did see a spacer was available for the derby cover at one time and I think Frank, aka Hippo may be able to help you out on that.

Tom

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »

Tom
    I have an aftermarket derby cover that says live to ride and ride to live and compaired it to the stock cover and there the same in depth on the inside, it's close but cant hear any noise, maybe I'll take it off just to make sure theres no marks, by the way Mike at Revera clutch said to use Ford trans fluid for his primary fluid he said it has differant properties in it that works better then the syn, or the stock harley stuff, what ya think? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Lair.  

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »

I would take off the derby cover and see it there are any marks in it,,,,if not you are good to go.   Mine made a circle mark inside the cover,,,it didnt hit much,,,,but it hit.

As far as the tranny fluid,,,if the guy from Rivera says it's ok,,,,then I'd take his word for it.  I have heard of it before, but as for my stock Harley clutch...I'll stick with Harley fluids.   Syn3 in my case.

Tom

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 02:48:16 PM »

Anyone know - Is the screamin eagle cover on our 103's considered "Stock" - another words - will it work? with the VPC-02 I'm lookin at?
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 04:00:41 PM »

ceej
I would think as long as the bolt pattern is the same and the surface match back to back to should be good, also if you have the stock clutch and not the TPP set up you should be alright, put the two back to back and chech them out, harley has a new derby gasket that covers the intire inside and is leak proof, I had to use the old O- ring type cause of the clearance with tpp, J&P cycle sales a spacer for just that which I found out out yesterday good luck

Lair  

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 06:22:44 AM »

ceej....

Mine is the 05 and it has the flat type derby cover,,,the VPC thing would probably rub the inside.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 06:25:03 AM by tmo465 »

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »

tmo465
 I cant seem to log on and reply to Hippos web site do you have it and could give it to me or can you tell me hoe or were I can get a spacer plate for my 00 deuce derby cover thanks

Lair.

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 06:47:35 AM »

Lair...let me check for you.  I do have his name and phone number I think.
Tom

tmo465

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 06:54:32 AM »

Lair,,,go to the site called Harley Tech Talk, you will find Hippo there.

Just start a thread and he will respond....great guy.

Tom
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 21 queries.